Gay Marriage (NRR)

12346»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Should a minority couple not have children because they might be a discriminated against?

Yes. Also poor people.

How about gay poor people.

Dude is most likely right, though - you know that.

It's irrelevant.

A point not worth making.

He exposed himself as a bigot with his first poast and is now grasping at straws - you know that.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Should a minority couple not have children because they might be a discriminated against?

Yes. Also poor people.

It's irrelevant.

He exposed himself as a bigot with his first poast and is now grasping at straws - you know that.

I wouldn't say its irrelevant. Skewering the guy for being against gay adoptions for a marginally thought out rationale (as opposed to BECAUSE GOD SAID SO) seems kind of silly. You don't have to support it or agree with it but I don't see the sense in ripping him apart for it. All that does is enforce an only-those-in-agreement poasting populace.

That would be dull.

• Whatever I m done with this thread.
    The level of ignorance is nagl[/b]

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Kids of all stripes - even perfectly straight kids of perfectly straight parents - get ridiculed, bullied, made fun of, and isolated in their childhood and teenage years. That is what kids DO. It's as old as f*cking time. Kids are mean as shit to each other for no reason.

I ask Grafwritah, Lefty, Salvia... do any of you have gay parents? Even know anyone with gay parents? Or are you just speculating what it *might* be like to have gay parents?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Who is "better" equipped to raise a GAY child?

• Who is "better" equipped to raise a GAY child?

The Village People?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Yes. Also poor people.

It's irrelevant.

I wouldn't say its irrelevant. Skewering the guy for being against gay adoptions for a marginally thought out rationale (as opposed to BECAUSE GOD SAID SO) seems kind of silly. You don't have to support it or agree with it but I don't see the sense in ripping him apart for it. All that does is enforce an only-those-in-agreement poasting populace.

That would be dull.

No, reread his initial poast.

It is not merely that he is being dumb (which, when you are advocating denying human rights, actually does merit skewering).

It is that he is a bigot who is grasping for reasons to justify his prejudices.

I am all for discussion, but going back and forth with a guy like him does not constitute discussion. His remarks have no place in a conversation amongst adults and he really should be BAN.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Who is "better" equipped to raise a GAY child?

D'uh,

Kids won't be gay if they have straight parents...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Does an Adoption Agency really take into account the birth mother's request?

Why would she have any influence on the process?

Can I donate sperm and ask that it only goes to a midget?

The Birth Mother has rights?

Yes.
    Because she is the producer of the commodity that the agency sells.
    I know nothing about sperm donation.
    Yes.

In the foster care system things work the way you are thinking.
    The child is snatched from the parent(s) and given to anyone who will take the child.

For adoption agencies infants, healthy infants and Caucasian infants are a hot commodity worth lots of $$$.
    Birth mothers have lots of say about who adopts them.

As I said before, it is complicated and it is screwed up.