Revisiting the first Anti Pop Consortium album...

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
...and how embarassing for me. Because I feel like I shouldn't still like this, but I do.9 Years? Has it been that long?

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ugh

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Jeeezuz.
    We gonna start talking about Me Phi Me albums next?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Ha.
    Ive been listening to this again lately too and i still like it, too.
    Dont know what that says about me. But at least im not alone.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    wow

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Haven't listened to any Antipop in a while...but I know I like at least 3-4 songs off of that album. Back when it had just come out, I used to kill with double copies of the Nude Paper 12".

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    i like that album okay ...but for me it's all about their album 'Arrhythmia'.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Jeeezuz.

promoted a Me Phi Me show here in the bay... i am sorry.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Jeeezuz.

My freshman-year roommate lost his sugar mama to Me Phi Me. You think you're sorry?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I used to kill with double copies of the Nude Paper 12".

Location up for grabs!

(Faux_Rillz, I'm looking at you)

im sorry to disagree with you and im sure youre killing of parties was unfuckwithitable but i would be greatly surprised if anyone could rock a party with apc.

if true, i am scared of your parties

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Location up for grabs!

(Faux_Rillz, I'm looking at you)

Hilarious

INTIMATE PRIVATE MIND JUGGLING

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Jeeezuz.

My freshman-year roommate lost his sugar mama to Me Phi Me. You think
    you're sorry?

Oh shit, I smell another James college story classique!

Inquiring headz want to know A)how did he get a sugar mama and B)how MPM got up in the mix?

Oh man, I first read that as "lost his sugar" which I initially interpreted as "losing one's virginity" and then considered the awful songs I've heard of people losing theirs to and decided that Me Phi Me could not have possibly been as bad as some others.

Then I re-read it.

Some of y'all try so hard and still wind up squarely as dorks. No, I did not technically kill parties with APC, but smoking sessions...yes.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    POAST MOAR ME PHI ME STORIES!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Proto-Post Hip Hop

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I don't imagine much of this album would still hold much appeal to me, but there was a brief moment when I bumped several tracks from this album with alarming regularity.

wow

Oh come now, don't pretend that this isn't your favorite thread of the week.

Some of y'all try so hard and still wind up squarely as dorks.

Says the Texas rap connoisseur who used to cut up doubles of Anti-Pop Consortium!

I would've thought you'd accuse them of biting... well, you know.

Oh man, I first read that as "lost his sugar" which I initially interpreted as "losing one's virginity" and then considered the awful songs I've heard of people losing theirs to and decided that Me Phi Me could not have possibly been as bad as some others.

Then I re-read it.

Oh shit--I first read your post as meaning that you thought not that my man lost his virginity to the accompaniment of the music of recording artist Me Phi Me, but rather that you thought my man lost his virginity to recording artist Me Phi Me. In light of that, your claim that, as deflowerers go, Me Phi Me "could not have possibly been as bad as some others" was puzzling as fuck. I can't think of the last time I was so happy to have realized I'd mis-read something.

Anyway, I don't have time to get into the whole roommate story right now, but it does tangentially involve Nike Son Of Lava Domes (and/or Nike Sons Of Lava Dome--I see you, Ross Hogg), so it might have some slight NYC interest.

There was a point in my life when Mike Ladd doubles seemed pertinent.

DORKY AS PHUCC

Some of y'all try so hard and still wind up squarely as dorks.

Says the Texas rap connoisseur who used to cut up doubles of Anti-Pop Consortium!

I would've thought you'd accuse them of biting... well, you know.

Sense, please try to make some.

Some of y'all try so hard and still wind up squarely as dorks. No, I did not technically kill parties with APC, but smoking sessions...yes.

wow... youre so mean down in tx. if i had any feelings they might actually be a little hurt right now.

anyway, i was just commenting on your need to rock two copies of the apc. one copy is bad... but two. did you rock some FF afterwards? you know, to keep it real!

I remember when Anti-Pop came out and Other Music was trying to promote/feature these dudes.

Mike Ladd used to come to my gigs.

Never owned any of those records but took heed.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    lol Other Music. i bought my copy of Arrythmia on CD there and brought it back for trade credit a month later. the guy who checked me out looked kind of pissed then i learned a few months later some of the guys from the group worked there. haha.

lol Other Music. i bought my copy of Arrythmia on CD there and brought it back for trade credit a month later. the guy who checked me out looked kind of pissed then i learned a few months later some of the guys from the group worked there. haha.

Oh shit! That's why it was like that.

And when Beans solo joint dropped they hyped that shit up as well.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I liked that first Mike Ladd record...a lot. *blush*

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I liked that first Mike Ladd record...a lot. *blush*

that "kissing keisha" bullshit?

good lord some of ya'll got questionable taste.

and Harvey the only way you could kill anything with doubles of an APC 12" is if you broke them in half and cut someones neck.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I'm sure you have no shitty music hidden in your closet at all.

• ...the only way you could kill anything with doubles of an APC 12" is if you broke them in half and cut someones neck.

Funny because it's true...