Old PMs Appreciation

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Just looking through some crap from 3+ years ago. Man I didn't really know what I was talking about but it was GREAT! There's a shitstorm of mails from all sorts of random people Big Dudes, fellow lil dudes, and hostyle73 on the case. BUT IT WAS ALL GOOD FUN AND 90% ABOUT GRATUITOUS RECORD KNOWLEDGE! I even got in some good convos after being clowned or clowning someone else.Did that all end or did I just get too grumpy? Now it's just: can you hold x? what's your paypal? later.Let's revive BRAEKFACE! But call it SMOOVANDMELLOWFACE

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The oldest one in my inbox

Yo Hrinky,

Elise is a girl qho doesn't know nutthin bout music. I send her Joe Bataan mp3's she's amazed & thinks I'm like Dante or somethin'. haha.

Hope u are well. I like what you're doing with waxidermy.

peace

XXXXXX

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    4/10/2007:

Reynaldo,

Im still jamming out to this song (paul ortiz-tender love), almost everyday and every sunday morning since.
    Thanks again for sharing this with me. Its so sexy and sweet.

Take care,

elise

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The oldest PM in my inbox is about using PMs.

Yea, I am Mr. No More Posting these days. I handle almost all my business exclusively by PM now, which I prefer. I've even taken to responding to dudes via PM about stuff they wrote in posts, simply because I don't want to discuss my posts with 1,000 14-year-old dudes.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    AND WE ARE THERE!

Rey do you get so many hate mails your inbox only goes back to 07?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    whats the matter hoecake?
    So scared of driving down to bridgeport??? It aint that ghetto just bounce down to the north end/hollow/marina village.. barnum ave whatever anywhere.. come thru faggot and we'll see how many more pictures ya cocksuckn bitchass posts online. All you chumps do is hide behind your internet persona! I'll be chilln later today at powerhouse entertainment on east main come see about me bitch.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    11/21/04:

Dude, The_Mack keeps PMing me:

"yo! you got any more moody latin heaterz?! !?!?!"

and

yo, you ever heard of Christy Essien Igbowke?

and

i want some mexi-heat man

and

i got this Trouble Funk-Lets GEt Small 12" SURE TO GET THE PARTY LIVE

2 NEgros joints and its ALL YOURS!!!!

and my top 2 picks(the first in refference to a record by Oscar Mya or something)

Holla at you n***a I got that fiya that is Oscar Mya

and

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THAT LITTLE DUDE NONSENSE

why are you such an asshole?Is it your natural vib
    just wondering...............DICK

PS where is your remix fucksticK??

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    Man, i seemed to have missed the abusive pm phase......not that i'm asking for any now......funny stuff.

i want some mexi-heat man

pretty good odds that I've written that to someone at some point

Classic Young Phonics joint, circa '04:

Yo my girl just read your PM, she thought it was amusing (she was talking to me and glanced at the screen, SHE DOES NOT READ MY PM's OR CHECKS ON WHAT I LOOK AT ON THE INTERNET.)

b***h

Oh.. I got summmmthin for you too, b******s dood... this aint a bball game i'll f*****n show you what runnin's really about ill send yuh home cryin to ya mothas house.

You think i wont smack the s**t outta someone thats ur problem bro like im shook over ANY human being, f*******s m*******s on some b******t!

I SMELL NOTHING BUT STRAIGHT UP P***Y EVERYTIME YOU POST

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    July 1, 2007:

SOI,
    What is it about my posts that are so intolerable that you find it necessary to continuously make comments, not on the subject at hand, but simply about my posts. I mean it would be simple to exclude me so you wouldn't have to read them, or once you see I'm posting on a topic you could avoid that topic if my posts annoy you so much. Yet you seem to want to make this a personal issue, as if you making snarky and snide comments is going to change the way or frequency of my posting. It won't. I could be wrong, but the temperment of your posts to me come across as insulting and hateful. I am curious as to what their intent is? If I've insulted you or done anything to incur your intended wrath, let me know what it is so I can apologize and deal with it. If you just want me to stop posting, I can save you the effort.

June 21, 2006:

I love that it was a malapropism from a ridiculous conversation, but at times it almost sounds shakespearean along the lines of 'sound and fury, signifying nothing'. glad you caught it...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    b***h

Oh.. I got summmmthin for you too, b******s dood... this aint a bball game i'll f*****n show you what runnin's really about ill send yuh home cryin to ya mothas house.

You think i wont smack the s**t outta someone thats ur problem bro like im shook over ANY human being, f*******s m*******s on some b******t!

haha - I was just going to post that PM as an example of a classic PM
    in my inbox that was a forwarded to me from someone else! I kept that
    one, no doubt. I think I deleted all my own obscure_addict challenges to
    meet him for a brawl in suburban CT, unfortunately.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    got doubles of the fantasy
    and i interviewed him in 1991 -have an og unpublished 45 minute cassette tape at st marks church event
    but since your such an asshole you get neither
    good job

FANTASTIKKKK

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    from 2005

dude thanks for the PM.

are you kidding me? i would love to get with that JACKDAW shit.

everything is cool over here.

i quit soulstrut because i felt it was not for me but i am still on the PM's. basically that dude ................ attacked me too many times and i got worn out by all the sexist homophobic bullshit AND someone ripped me off on some records too. that guy .................

i dont want to waste my time arguing on the internet with some 22 year old hip hop butthole. i got real world shit to deal with. i sound hella salty so be it.

whatever. i guess you could say its not for me. i might get back on someday.

i am down to buy some crazy shit from you if you have doubles of some hippy man raer.

good to hear from you.

say what up to your friend magic jackson for me.

ap

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Whoa.

I just started going through some old PM's to find one to post and came across this:

From 3/31/05

you've had the longest running avatar in soulstrut
    next to my chess one from back in the day.

what I'm really hollering about though, is if you have 3-6 mafia - project pat mp3s.

I just need chickenheads from that. long story.[/b]

hit me upski

I just posted an mp3 request for that same song ten minutes ago!!

Weeeeeird.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    10/26/05

stupid mexican...

almost made me spit hot cocoa out of my mouth.

-justin

ps: and YES hot cocoa is his REAL name!

The recent name change works perfectly now.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Oldest:

04/24/2004

Do you Dj in cleveland? I might know you by chance. We need to get together sometime, trade, smoke blunts, or whatever. By the way, my name is Tyler.

Others:

Cosmo discusses pretty pictures:

05/03/2004

Very nice.

Yessssss, very very nice.

shit is real as a motherfucker, yahmsayin?

Guzzo shits outdoors:

10/07/2005

oh I ain't sweating it, one of the great things about being a manic depressive/ Bipolar nutcase is I can always blame my condition, its good to have a scapegoat.

Besides I'm young pretty and aside from a massive weed habit, in the best shape of my life.

You graduated college? I always had you pegged as the great potential mind a la Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. I guess you still are that but with less of a defined dimple.

I sometimes shit outdoors just to feel others pain

Reynaldo cries:

09/16/2005

thread go bi
    bye .

Sween compliments me on my humor. Out of context and three years later I have NO IDEA what this was about (I'm sure this was quoted from a public post):

01/26/2006

damn!!!!

Quote:
    Jesus Christ

DESCRIBE YOUR LOCAL NIGGERS would be a more apt title.

Dude, that is the funniest thing I've seen on here in a loooooong time. I swear, it's rare for me to laugh audibly about things on here, but this one did it. Nice.

faux_rillz checks in while he's at work. Later we go see Spiderman 2 and make out a bit before he drinks too many Zimas and throws up:

02/27/2005

Re: What up pinkness
    Not much, poptart.

It's Sunday and I'm at work.

I like all the dudes that are all like "I'm still on PMs, but I'm too real for the board," which = "I got sonned one too many times, but I still read the board obsessively"

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    obscure_addict was always on some random unsolicited PM shit.

Jun 25, 2007 02:48 PM

Sittin here all day at work waitin to hear some other old dancehall bangers to pass time, and damn nothing, not that i'm new to boards, but it seems like everyone wants to post about the nba, food or basically anything that is not associated with music... you been here since 03, is it always like this??? I mean not even one post for reggae!! but those ridiculous alternative threads got slammed with shit.

My response:

Yes.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I am now requiring that you leave a detailed map of the internet sites you go through daily.

Between priests who snap and vomit form dog fuckers I am in awe.

you ever have those times in a day where you just get so stressed out? when it happens I watch the dogs f*cking and throwing up...really strangely soothing.

anyways, whats up?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Just looking through some crap from 3+ years ago. Man I didn't really know what I was talking about but it was GREAT! There's a shitstorm of mails from all sorts of random people Big Dudes, fellow lil dudes, and hostyle73[/b] on the case. BUT IT WAS ALL GOOD FUN AND 90% ABOUT GRATUITOUS RECORD KNOWLEDGE! I even got in some good convos after being clowned or clowning someone else.

Did that all end or did I just get too grumpy? Now it's just: can you hold x? what's your paypal? later.

Let's revive BRAEKFACE! But call it SMOOVANDMELLOWFACE

Plaese to post Hostyle73 PM IN FULL OR YOUR SOFT!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    whats your number

and this is before I asked for everyone to give me their phone number

Casing the joint

dont suppose u have this for trade???

clyde alexander got to get your love 12 heavenly star recs
    marley marl man marley marl tuff city 12
    45 king just beats 1987 lp

thanks

matt
    uk

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    YP in a PM called 'Maaan, what did i post?'

I can't remember? I was at some folks house druuuunk and f*cking around on the internet

i had and still have no idea what he was referring to.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    My name is **** ****. You probably picked up bits n pieces about me from various poasts, I'm 33, I live in ********, went to the same high school as ********, I am a cancer nurse, I collect records, DJ and produce a little.

I might also state that I have great respect for your poasting ability and have always regarded you as, well, a dude. I even suspect that were we to meet up in real life, our combined coolness would be sufficient to reverse global warming.

So it is with a twinge of regret that I have you, after our delightful bit of interaction several days ago, using harsh words against me. I absolutely am indeed a fool, but god damnit, I am also an outstanding human being. I could care less about being clowned on some astrology bullshit, but you sir, took it to a personal level.

Accordingly, I offer you an invitation to converse together that we might collectively overcome our personal sensitivities in a communal setting and perhaps build a friendship to last the ages.

Sincerely awaiting your reply,

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Ahhhh that's the stuff!

Also I don't know if you guys missed it but I was called a hoecake up there. A hoecake.

Plus I'm a little hurt SOI was invited down to fight, I thought it wuz just me & I wuz special.

I'd love to see a compendium of every o_a PM people have in the vaults.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I have great respect for your poasting ability

• 3-17-2005:
    Now friend, like I said I am a reasonable dude. I tend to opperate on the notion of good will, especially when someone seems cool like you have portrayed yourself on the board. I understand trying to get over on records, I do it almost every day. But trying to get over on me to the tune of around a bill is bit much to swallow. I know ebay is not the end all price guide of things, but this situation leaves me wondering who you think I am. Maybe you'd be surprised to find out judging by the way you seem to have tried to work this deal.

I'd love to see a compendium of every o_a PM people have in the vaults.

Indeed.

As the one Breakself observed, they are the many many unreleased acetates of his SoulStrut poasting career.