WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE: MOVIE FACEMELT

2»

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    OMFG

This trailer brought tears to my eyes. I'm counting on you Spike!

I saw Maurice Sendak has production credits. That's a good sign. No?

I dunno man. I look at the list of creative types involved in this movie and I get the douche chills...

Like Catherine Keener, Chris Cooper, Forest Whitaker and James Gandolfini? Pretty good actors.

• OMFG

This trailer brought tears to my eyes. I'm counting on you Spike!

I saw Maurice Sendak has production credits. That's a good sign. No?

I dunno man. I look at the list of creative types involved in this movie and I get the douche chills...

Like Catherine Keener, Chris Cooper, Forest Whitaker and James Gandolfini? Pretty good actors.

No, I was thinking more along the lines of Spike Jonze, Dave Eggers, Karen O and Carter Burwell....

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

No, I was thinking more along the lines of Spike Jonze, Dave Eggers, Karen O and Carter Burwell....

i don't know any of those other names, but what's bad about spike?

• No, I was thinking more along the lines of Spike Jonze, Dave Eggers, Karen O and Carter Burwell....

i don't know any of those other names, but what's bad about spike?

Get thy Google on. It's like an Interview Magazine, hipsteur douchebag Mt Rushmore.

• His videos are pretty good. I also liked adaptation. Is he a douchebag as a person?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I don't remember anything about the book, except a few of the monsters...

it was officially ruined for me when I saw a tattoo. Instantly joined dancing bears and tasmanian devils, whether deserved or not...

looks really good though, looking-wise...

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Spike fought Sony HARD on this one, trying to keep it real. any fluffification this film may include is entirely Sonys fault. He said he was going to get his way in the end, but that was almost a year ago, so i hope he got his way...

I think it was originally set to be a Universal release and now is in the hands of Warner Bros.

lol oops - well, we should blame Sony anyway. Just because.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    His videos are pretty good. I also liked adaptation. Is he a douchebag as a person?

he is dude as dude can be, the polar opposite of a douche. stone cold salt of the earth.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    His videos are pretty good. I also liked adaptation. Is he a douchebag as a person?

he is dude as dude can be, the polar opposite of a douche. stone cold salt of the earth.

Plus he gets props for being in Mi Vida Loca.

• His videos are pretty good. I also liked adaptation. Is he a douchebag as a person?

Plus he gets props for being in Mi Vida Loca.
    Dude is super talented.

He sold me my first skateboard, back in like 1984 and he worked at the skate shop in town.

Stoked to see this in the theater.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Why?

I'd rather see them do an original movie with Maurice Sendak doing the set and costume designs.

Seriously...

How the f*ck can you make a feature length movie out of a childrens book with about a dozen short paragraphs of text without messing around with the plot (i.e. adding a bunch of crap)???

I'm with you. I want to be optimistic but I don't understand how they can stretch this to a feature without adding a lot of bullshit. i also saw the trailer for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs recently, my favorite kid picture book of all time, and they added all this bullshit about how it was a idealist scientist who wanted to solve world hunger that made it rain pancakes. that isn't right

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I have a feeling it will not be that great...and to be honest, I thought the trailer sucked.

It was the first book I learned to read...and I kinda would like to leave it that way.

and the music in the trailer--horrible!