OFFICIAL MARCH MADNESS 09 THREAD!

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I know Enki's with me on this one...Halfway through day 1, no surprises yet... Memphis can thank Sallie for surviving. I think Washington may go down, but I didn't pull the trigger on my bracket. I also strongly recommend the CBS Sports iPhone app.Let the madness begin!

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Oh yeah... I got an all Big East Final Four... it can totally happen! UConn v Louisville, Villanova v Syracuse => UConn v Syracuse (rematch of the most epic game I've ever seen) => UConn baby!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I know Enki's with me on this one...

Fu[/b]ckin' A right!

The only time I've seen UCONN all year, though, was that 6OT monster vs. Syracuse. In fact, that's the only college basketball I've watched this year.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    First time I filled out my brackets, I had UConn taking both. But since then, I changed it to North Carolina in both cases.

My wonder is whether Louisville can go all the way.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    f*cking Cal. I pick them out of pride and they flail.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I know Enki's with me on this one...

Fu[/b]ckin' A right!

The only time I've seen UCONN all year, though, was that 6OT monster vs. Syracuse. In fact, that's the only college basketball I've watched this year.

I've seen UConn 3 times this year...the OT madness and the two losses to Pitt.

Thabeet is the best center in the country and should be a good NBA player.

Based on the three games I've seen I don't see them going too far in the tourney.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    damn I had Miss St. making it to the sweet 16. that was one of my sleeper picks.
    I also had Butler over LSU.

I'm 5-2 so far.

My final 4 are WF, Memphis, Pitt and UNC

• Gotta ride for my alma mater:

So far my bracket is 8/8. I need Villanova and Clemson to pull some shit out to keep it going.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Just got back from the games here in Portland. WKU was trying to give me a heart attack there at the end.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Butler and Clemson let me down. Otherwise...14-2 bitches!

UCLA and W. Kentucky were both trying to make me for a fool at the end, but they ultimately gripped.

Oh and to the guy who picked Cal out of pride...FOOL! The Pac-10 really sucked this year (and I'm a huge Pac 10 fan). That kid on Cal with the pony tail is going to be sweet, though.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I will be repping Temple at some random local sports bar this afternoon.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Great logo and mascot, but I think Temple will lose.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Butler and Clemson let me down. Otherwise...14-2 bitches!

Illinois and California let me down. I'm also 14-2 right now.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Great logo and mascot, but I think Temple will lose.

You may be right, but I will either enjoy drinking away the pain of their loss or drinking to celebrate their upset victory.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    UConn v Louisville

I got L-ville. UCunt can eat a dick.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Went 14-2 the first day. And of course it was the 2 teams closest to me that threw me off. Texas, my alma mater, I picked to lose. And Clemson, the team my nephew plays for, I picked to win. With no close connections to any team today, I should go 16-0.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Great games this morning -- Oklahoma State pulled out a tough win against Tennesee.

Big 12 is 6-0 so far, and looking like it's ready to give the Big East a run for its money. SEC is 1-2 and looking like it got too many invitations.

My bracket is holding up strong. Dayton and W. Kentucky making me look like a genius! Let's see if Wisconsin can make three for three tonight...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    shit is getting crazy already!!!! mus tbe one of the most upset heavy first rounds ever!!!! go badgers!!!!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    shit is getting crazy already!!!! mus tbe one of the most upset heavy first rounds ever!!!! go badgers!!!!

Yes!

My bracket is holding strong too. People in the office think I'm magic. I just got lucky on a few picks, but I'm still happy to take all their money.