LA bachelor party help

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Going out to LA next month for my brother's wedding. I'm the best man so I'm in charge of planning the bachelor party which will be two nights before the wedding. Looking for suggestions. There will be about 12-14 of us (mostly guys from New York and Atlanta in their early 30's) and we'd like to stay between downtown and Hollywood most of the night. Will probably rent a limo or a van with a driver. My brother has suggested dinner, a comedy show and then possibly Jumbos even though he's not a big strip club guy. He's ruled out a Dodgers' game and doesn't really want to go to "an event".I haven't lived in LA since 2000 so my knowledge is a bit dated. Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Going out to LA next month for my brother's wedding. I'm the best man so I'm in charge of planning the bachelor party which will be two nights before the wedding. Looking for suggestions.
    There will be about 12-14 of us (mostly guys from New York and Atlanta in their early 30's) and we'd like to stay between downtown and Hollywood most of the night. Will probably rent a limo or a van with a driver.
    My brother has suggested dinner, a comedy show and then possibly Jumbos even though he's not a big strip club guy. He's ruled out a Dodgers' game and doesn't really want to go to "an event".
    I haven't lived in LA since 2000 so my knowledge is a bit dated. Any tips appreciated.

How much you trying to ball out for dinner? If you really, really, really want to go all out, you could try the steakhouse, Cut. If you want to still do it up big but not break the bank, there's Wolfgang's Steakhouse (both are around Beverly Hills though, not Hollywood or downtown. Downtown, you might check the Pacific Dining Car which is mega old school).

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    mastros steakhouse for dinner, fasho. unlike manny, i say...splurge. it's a bachelor party.

lobster mashed potatoes, gorganzola mac n cheese...

the meat quality is

Dude, I didn't say don't splurge. But there's still a significant price diff. b/t getting the Kobe beef steak at Cut vs. the equivalent portion porterhouse at Wolfgang's.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Jumbos is kinda beat. I'd go elsewhere. If you want to incorporate something erotic with dancers, see if there's a burlesque show or something you can go to. It'll be classier and nicer and hornier than Jumbo's.

incorporate something erotic with dancers

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Thanks. Some good tips already. We're probably looking at more eating, drinking and smoking than lap-dancing but who knows where it'll end up.
    Forgot to mention that soulmarcossa will be DJing the wedding reception so we know that's gonna be a great party!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I've retired from the LA bachelor party game so I have no suggestions. lol

• Seventh Veil on Sunset

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Seventh Veil on Sunset

I don't mind saying that place looks cool as hell!

Looking forward to spinning this party N*il - your brother and his fiancee are great peoples and it's definitely going to off the chain

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Seventh Veil on Sunset

I don't mind saying that place looks cool as hell!

Looking forward to spinning this party N*il - your brother and his fiancee are great peoples and it's definitely going to off the chain

We come from a long line of carnivores so be sure to put in your veggie entree request beforehand!

• Speaking of carnivores...
    The Seventh Veil is across the street from Bossa Nova. They have this appetizer - chunks of chicken wrapped in bacon, deep fried and served with gorgonzola cheese.
    Awesome.