Choosing a Mate-Trophy Piece or the Good Babe?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Hey,Here is a internet blog piece (sorry, it's long) that sums up nicely some of the points I made about relationships in the past: Today I want to get yall fools opinion on mate selection, particularly on the question of whether to wife a trophy chick or a good chick. The question breaks down into do you want a women that looks good or a women that is good for you?Now all men, no matter how good your relationship with your girlfriend or wifey is, are tempted by the trophy chick. I would even say, the majority of guys would cheat on their wifey for their dream trophy chick. I know if Ester Baxter was hollarin??? for a one night stand, I would suspend my relationship coverage with my girl for an hour or two (hopefully she doesn???t read this and if she does that was just a lie). I, however, wouldn???t wife Ester Baxter as I do not know if she would be a good match for me, though I???m sure she would make a fine wifey (I hope Ester???s reading this). Simply put, the trophy chick is what we all aspire to have on a purely sexual attraction basis. It is nothing more than a physical thing and is as if our penis had full reign of our decision making process -which is similar to how we acted during puberty.Now the good chick, on the other hand, is someone who you are still physically attracted too, but not as much as the trophy chick. The good chick, however, has additional qualities that the trophy chick does not have. These qualities can include things like good personality, someone you get along with, intelligence, would make for a good mother, a good wife, a good cook, whatever. Just know they cannot be your dream girl on a purely physical basis, because the overwhelming majority of dudes can???t bag a trophy chick (Damn that Jay-Z for that Beyonce pull -though I have suspicion Beyonce is a friggen weirdo). Now having a choice between these two types, which one would you choose?I personally, would choose, the good chick. Not only because I have a good chick now, but because like I said in my previous post about successful relationships that having a good women in your life will lead to you becoming successful in all other parts of your life. You see something strange happens when you have the right chick in your life, I hate to say this, but you have something to live for in a sense. I???m sure you???ve all heard the saying, ???behind every strong man, is an even stronger women??? (is that how it goes?). The gist of this axiom is that men really live for women and that they ultimately inspire us to achieve greatness.In the last G-Unit mixtape, Return of the Bodysnatches, Tony Yayo (of all people) on the track,???Make Me Feel Good??? says, ???The cars, the foreign cars, European cars, the jewelery, the big homes, we do all this shit for the b!tches if you think about it, from the shape up to the sneakers??? And it???s true. We wouldn???t get fly for other guys that???s just ghey, we do it for the women. We all want to get our mama out the hood, we all want to take our down girl from the hood and put them up in mansions and give them crazy shopping sprees. If you have a good girl, she will be the source for your motivation that makes you push yourself to do better. Find a girl that doesn???t inspire you and the opposite will be true. But what do you degenerates think?Any thoughts???Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd cheat on the Trophy or the Good Babe.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Trophy piece mistress that the good babe is okay with

Nah but definitely feeling that piece, especially the last two sentences. I already got enough headaches with everything else in life, don't need anymore shit.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    They're all crazy anyway...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    There's a lot more drama with "trophy" material.

We're all crazy anyway...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

::eyeroll::

Drama no matter what. It depends on what dramatic role u want to play.

No one I know is livin drama-free regardless.

My Blow-Up Doll gives me drama.....

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Trophy piece and good babe combined =

::eyeroll::

eyeroll back.

+ +

Just in "my experience", which is of course limited.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    im of the belief that we all get ugly in the end. I mean ain't no one today trying to trophy F*ck the playboy playmates of the early 60's right?

get yourself the good girl cause when homewife gets older/ uglies up at least you'll still be able to maintain some sort of dignity by association with the girl who was raised right.

Just in "my experience", which is of course limited.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    when homewife gets older, upgrade[/b]

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    My problem is that I can't see myself getting married to either. What's with people's obsession with getting married?

haha. pretty much.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

I banged my share of "trophy babes" in my day; however, when it came to walking down the aisle "till death do us part," I CHOSE[/b] the "good babe." By the way, we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in May.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    What's with people's obsession with getting married?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I need someone I don't need to pay to change my diaper when I get old.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yo,

Marriage is a great institution. It SHOULD[/b] be based upon meeting and falling in love with a wonderful person with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. It also means being committed to him or her and no longer have to put your dick on the crap table banging bar flies. You single guys can have that shit, for real!!! I prefer "pure pleasure" sans the paranoia. I sure don't miss these muthafuckas!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo,

I banged my share of "trophy babes" in my day; however, when it came to walking down the aisle "till death do us part," I CHOSE[/b] the "good babe." By the way, we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in May.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Fiending for obscure records, then going back to the classics?

Naw for real though, I believe that first sentence is key before "choosing" for a good babe.

Peace out Stakalacks. I've spoken too much....(tip toeing my way out of thread)...

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    having a good women in your life will lead to you becoming successful in all other parts of your life.

Preach Nigga... My wife is a Software Engineer, the other day she said to me, "Ray, I want you to leave your job so that you can stay home and make beats all day..."

let that thought sink in for a minute, not just the making beats all day part but imagine a woman telling you that...

my wife...

Yo,

Marriage is a great institution. It SHOULD[/b] be based upon meeting and falling in love with a wonderful person with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. It also means being committed to him or her and no longer have to put your dick on the crap table banging bar flies. You single guys can have that shit, for real!!! I prefer "pure pleasure" sans the paranoia.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

But still, why get married for that? What's wrong with being in a committed relationship without involving a court or a church?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a softbatch romantic ass fool. I'd be lying if I said I didn't daydream about sappy ass ways to propose or pulling a smooth move at my best friend's wedding like hoLmes does at the beginning of Love Actually, but overall I just don't necessarily agree with the idea of "the institution."

Yo,

Marriage is a great institution. It SHOULD[/b] be based upon meeting and falling in love with a wonderful person with whom you want to spend the rest of your life. It also means being committed to him or her and no longer have to put your dick on the crap table banging bar flies. You single guys can have that shit, for real!!! I prefer "pure pleasure" sans the paranoia.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

But still, why get married for that? What's wrong with being in a committed relationship without involving a court or a church?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a softbatch romantic ass fool. I'd be lying if I said I didn't daydream about sappy ass ways to propose or pulling a smooth move at my best friend's wedding like hoLmes does at the beginning of Love Actually, but overall I just don't necessarily agree with the idea of "the institution."

Hey Herm,

Well, because legally you're not in binding commitment without being married. Just don't be on some lady's lease/mortgage that you're "committed" to (without marriage) when she says "get the F*ck out!!!" Feel me???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Seriously, my dudes, you won't know why you get married until you actually get married.

I was the *most* "why can't we just live in perfect union unmarried" dude. Then I got married.

It's not the same.

Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Herm,

Well, because legally you're not in binding commitment without being married. Just don't be on some lady's lease/mortgage that you're "committed" to (without marriage) when she says "get the F*ck out!!!" Feel me???

So protection (like condoms) is a necessity?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I love my wife like cooked food. I've played the field. I'm so, SO glad I didn't end up with some of the flightier, crazier girls that might've had more of the looks/gear/cash combo up front.

Seriously, my dudes, you won't know why you get married until you actually get married.

I was the *most* "why can't we just live in perfect union unmarried" dude. Then I got married.

It's not the same.

Preach on, brotha!!! Also, to you nasty pervs lurking in to look at Esther's tits, why don't y'all "man up" and respond? I see all those cotdamn views and only 27 replies. Y'all nastay!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Herm,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

But what if it's MY house? Ha ha! All I know is...I'm buying my first house on my own.

Jonny: Please to 'splain to me some more about what makes it different. Not trying to put you on the spot, though, so if it ain't my business it ain't my business, doyouknowwhatI'msaying?