In class, need help

minneapminneap 541 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
I'm in an Intro to Math class right now to fulfill some bullshit business math requirement and we're working on Excel Spreadsheets. This is up there amongst more boring classes of all time. Worst part is we're working on this shit for the next two weeks.My question is, aside from the Strut, what are your time killing sites that don't require sound?

Comments

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    math. what would the RZA think??

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    or jeru???

(sublime directory)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Skip class and do bong hits.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    :notdisrespecfulatin: math, just these kids that sound like they've never seen a computer before. I need some entertainment.

And the dude gives credit for attendance. It's an easy 10 or 15% tagged onto the grade.

• what kind of business do you want to go into? knowing excel inside and out is an excellent tool. that shit goes preeeeety deep IMO.

i mean, i guess it does suck to work with numbers that don't really mean anything tho.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ...and we're working on Excel Spreadsheets. This is up there amongst more boring classes of all time. Worst part is we're working on this shit for the next two weeks.

HA!!!

I spend about 95% of my work life in an Excel file.

Try creating a VLookup (Turd vs Heater)using the catalog numbers of all your CTI records.

Crete a Pivot Table for amount of times Lil Wayne name checks

1. Coke
    2. Baby
    3. Art School

• organize your rekkids

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I had to take a business calc class that was mostly Excel-based like a year ago and most of the time I really enjoyed it. But the teacher and the dudes I sat with were pretty cool though.

Its weird to me that most profs have no problem with kids using laptops in non-computer related classes though. Most of the time they're either looking at Facebook or sports sites through the entire class.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    math. what would the RZA think??

Wait, it's a class on Supreme Mathematics?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    :notdisrespecfulatin: math, just these kids that sound like they've never seen a computer before. I need some entertainment.

I know what you mean. Some late teens/early 20s people just do not know how to work a computer. If you reveal a trick like holding down shift while in Excel to select multiple rows/columns, they treat you like Bill Gates.

I have a basic understanding of Excel from classes I already took but this is about as basic as it gets. We're talkin plugging formulas into cells here.

I'll graduate next year with a BS degree in Music Business with an emphasis on Marketing/Advertising. Not sure how valuable a working knowledge of Excel will be in that situation but I agree that it'll be a good look for resumes.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    My dad taught me excel starting in middle school cause he knew I'd need to use it, and it is the best skill I've learned for the work world, hands down.

...and we're working on Excel Spreadsheets. This is up there amongst more boring classes of all time. Worst part is we're working on this shit for the next two weeks.

HA!!!

I spend about 95% of my work life in an Excel file.

Try creating a VLookup (Turd vs Heater)using the catalog numbers of all your CTI records.

Crete a Pivot Table for amount of times Lil Wayne name checks

1. Coke
    2. Baby
    3. Art School

Not tryin to dump on Excel. I think the program's really interesting and I'd like to be more familiar with it but again, dude is takin this shit real slow to accommodate the kids that act like plugging in numbers for a Future Value function is something out of a med school textbook.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    I like to look at news feeds at times like that. less guilt

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I never took any classes that required EXCEL, but over time ive learned quite a bit at my present job.

The Inventory is done on EXCEL.

Ive actually considered takin a class to GIT FAM.