SoulStrut 2009 Fantasy MLB League

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Now open to all members of the board:URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1League ID#: 152810Password: LEOSAYERLive online draft is set for Tue Mar 24 10:00pm EDT5 spots remain

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Can't do it. Ever since Tim Flannery retired, fantasy baseball means nothing to me.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    bump

only 8 teams, anyway to get another 8 more?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not sure what that means.

League set to 10.

2 spots remain.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I played last year but didn't sign up this year. I am in a work league (NL-only, automatic draft, WTF?). If you guys still need a warm body, I will play.

The biggest moment of excitement last year (for me) was the draft. Beers were cracked, bowls were packed, trash was talked.

Someone was feeling a little ambitious and took Josh Fields of the White Sox. Being that is my team, I took Joe Crede with the very next pick. It was a showdown: Who would it be on third for the South Siders??? We now know how that turned out -- Josh Fields barely played all of last year; Crede had a monster start and then was sidelined much of the second half of the year with back issues. Now Fields is penciled in again and Crede is on the Twins, and the season is just around the corner.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    damn i wanted to change my team name to Set Adrift on Ramirez, Aramis but it won't let me go beyond 20 characters

In my work league, my team's name is a twist on triples master Lance Johnson: One Dog's Millionaires.

• One Dog's Millionaires.

Makes me long for the days of Hawk & Wimpy.

Just join the darn league already, dude.

OK, I joined, with my name a sort of baseball private fantasy boner: Pasqua & Karkovice.

Gene -- I am sure you love and remember the cap that Pasqua is sporting on this card. I collect some of the vintage White Sox fits but this one is not widely made, at far as I can tell.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    League now full. On to the draft...

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Dudes...not feeling this Bob Djukic (selperfuge) character at all. GTFOHWTB....

• Dudes...not feeling this Bob Djukic (selperfuge) character at all. GTFOHWTB....

That's Brohannon.

What'd he do?

• Oh I see.

Yeah, it would be tight if dude fleshed out those positions. I guess it's not patently unfair?

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Oh I see.

Yeah, it would be tight if dude fleshed out those positions. I guess it's not patently unfair?

Not patently unfair...just L-A-M-E. Kinda throws of the balance of the league. It's a good thing theres no money on the line here.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    ^^
    shook

I have a friend who I have tutored in the art of NBA Live on the PS3. He doesn't have his own system or game so he pretty much only plays at my house. Likewise, I don't play the game a hell of a lot on my own either. After maybe playing once or twice of month throughout the season, we have gotten to the point where we are equals.

Except -- when he runs with the Rockets, playing with a line-up of Yao, Dikembe, Battier, Artest and T-Mac. Talk about going "big" right? No matter what I do, I struggle to counter with that line-up, and he wins fairly easily. Chalk it up to the short quarters and me being unable to tire out his big boys (and the fact that my boys, the Chicago Bulls, often go cold on the jump shots and can't penetrate that Great Wall inside), but it's a clear advantage that, for some reason, doesn't/wouldn't work in the real world.

That's sort like it is with this guy -- having too many pitchers on the roster. It doesn't happen in the real league, seems unfair in the fantasy league, yet for some reason, doesn't break any rules and is thus OK (yet still wack).