KUTIMAN remixing youtube (!!!!!)

2»

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I am a picky bastard.

This is, musically and conceptually, amazing, easily the best thing I've heard this year. Blowing my mind right now...I have no idea who this Kutiman guy is but I'd like to know more and buy his music and support.

I mean this in no way to make out like "oh I already thought of that", but I had really wanted to do a project with found video clips for a long time, but I never dreamed it could be this extensive or this well-done.

Haters you are trippin. Hard.

• I have no idea who this Kutiman guy is but I'd like to know more and buy his music and support.
    This is the track that won me over. I think it came out in the summer of '07.
    That trombone (I think) solo and Karolina killin' it on the vocals at the end get me every time.

• I am a picky bastard.

This is, musically and conceptually, amazing, easily the best thing I've heard this year. Blowing my mind right now...I have no idea who this Kutiman guy is but I'd like to know more and buy his music and support.

I mean this in no way to make out like "oh I already thought of that", but I had really wanted to do a project with found video clips for a long time, but I never dreamed it could be this extensive or this well-done.

PLUS THESE GUYS:

F*ck, i even like the music without the videos on most of them

• the stars must be in alignment or something cause my friend just emailed me "I'm New" last night. Funny someone mentioned Josh, anyone remember Midnight In A Perfect World? Or howsabout this:

threepieceband.mov - 27.91MB

Personally I think it's dope. And I haven't heard Exile's project, but I did see that video with all the boomboxes, is he only taking samples from the airwaves? If so, I saw some crazy cat do a show where he was sampling live on the fly from the AM/FM and manipulating it with a custom made program he wrote. It was pretty amazing. I think I posted something about it a year ago or so.

• I am a picky bastard.

PLUS THESE GUYS:

F*ck, i even like the music without the videos on most of them

i'm not hating ok anti haters?

but doesn't this just sound like trip hop? ahahahah

my favorite bits are the parts where he doesn't overdub blockrocking breaks, and the videos are just playing over other synced vids. that shit is ill. the end of track 3, with the singer on top of the pianist.

• but doesn't this just sound like trip hop? ahahahah

my favorite bits are the parts where he doesn't overdub blockrocking breaks, and the videos are just playing over other synced vids. that shit is ill. the end of track 3, with the singer on top of the pianist.

OH MY GOD U R SUCH A f*cking HATTEUR! LET ME SEE YOUR f*cking TRACKS AND SEE IF ITS BETTA! TYPICAL SOUSTRUT HATE!

j/k

My man, what's up with some new disco edits? That one you sent me eons ago was el bis-nass.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I kind of want to join Young Kufilicious in hating on this latest work of blazing multimedia downtempo, but I don't want to invest the time in actually watching it.

BARE WITH ME DUDES

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I really like "I'm new". Some of the videos were just alright but it's a cool concept.

I kind of want to join Young Kufilicious in hating on this latest work of blazing multimedia downtempo, but I don't want to invest the time in actually watching it.

BARE WITH ME DUDES

It's good to have the godfather of these kind of poasts back - and in top form nonetheless.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

BARE WITH ME DUDES

• Check earcave.com

i got two edits for sale from the label PPU (peoples potential unlimited)

midnight express - danger zone 12" edit

&

sir bently - tom noble street shuffle

--

i'm also starting a proper 12" series with PPU as well. dropping the first one next! two sides of pumping disco beef.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Kutiman's shit is banging (even though I'm partial to the DJ Day Remix of "Music Is Ruling My World.") Plus he's down with my dudes in Tel Aviv the Soulico Crew.

That video shit is fresh too...

• Check earcave.com

i got two edits for sale from the label PPU (peoples potential unlimited)

midnight express - danger zone 12" edit

&

sir bently - tom noble street shuffle

--

i'm also starting a proper 12" series with PPU as well. dropping the first one next! two sides of pumping disco beef.

Oh sh!t, T*M! Waddup girlfriend.

I just checked to see if Groove Merchant had that "Midnight Express", shit is dope. I keep my ears and open.

• TrueStuTrueStu 91 Posts
    I think this is really dope, but it's definitely nothing new.

Coldcut was sampling videos for songs and releasing videos of it 10 years ago - the music actually sounded similar too.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    One of the best parts about this (as with all sampled media) is being able to explore all the source material.

Exhibit A:

one of this kid's other videos is used in babylon band. the dude is so ill on the bouzouki. f*ckin

i like how he starts smiling in this video when the old dudes start singing b/c he knows how goddamn good it sounds

• it's like i can feel the heart of each one of those musicians. the video does add to the effect for sure.i dont know, i just like it. feels good.