seattle BIG DIG roll call ..

2»

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

I was in the big room right next to Supreme, but I wasn't always at my table.

d.o.c. album
    extra prolific album for the price of a tallcan of rainier (anywhere other than delridge) and you are my friend for life...thanks!

I'd've been very happy with just the d.o.c. record. I did well; measured and calm; until the third tallcan kicked in and I bought the rufus thomas...
    sly stone records in really great shape, at really good prices? Can't stay away from those. JB for a fiver and Jimmy Smith Sermon for three dollars? I'm not even haggling. Hutson II for a great price. YHU guy seemed pissed off; he was wearing a scarf...but he took five bucks anyways.

Usually I buy stupid records. This time I am proud of myself for doing the right thing and what's right for my family's future. I bought great records. All the sellers were cool, and the body-check factor was only at about 3.4.

You say there's one of the canned food shows at the seattle center next weekend? Maybe I can screw it all up there...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    You forgot to mention you were able to hustle up another $5 to your $35 budget to make it $40. Woo hoo!!! good shit.

You forgot to mention you were able to hustle up another $5 to your $35 budget to make it $40. Woo hoo!!! good shit.

true.
    full disclosure: announcing I had 40 dollars now for nico gomez ritual turned out only to be funny to me. DeeRock icegrillE followed this zinger.
    LOL
    man I swear that's funny.
    no?
    I owe on my tax return this year...it's a good thing I'm content to buy normal person records, or else I'd be toast.

it was a great show, with very few "record store" type sellers (if any). I like the browsing-with-tallcans style, but I'm gonna need one of those beer-helmets or something next time, because I only have two hands.

my complements to the putters-on...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Excellent show for real... I hope they do it again, there were so many good records in that room!!! Was totally diggin' it (Pun fully intended). Made a decent amount of cash as well and the dj was playing joints all day long.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Excellent show for real... I hope they do it again, there were so many good records in that room!!! Was totally diggin' it (Pun fully intended). Made a decent amount of cash as well and the dj was playing joints all day long.

Thanks for the kind words D*n....
    It's no NORS but it's a start!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah, props for starting the show and putting in the work. Would love to check this out in the future if I'm ever in the area.

I'd've been very happy with just the d.o.c. record.

I'm glad I could hook that up via proxy, I asked my man who bought the DOC record but he couldn't
    remember who it was. Shoulda just started yelling, "Who bought that DOC record, I wanna meet that man!".
    I did some yelling, I made my buddy Lucas buy the Milton Wright off Tony, I just got tired of seeing him look at it over and over. "You know you want it, just pull the trigger dude!".
    Selling heavies for your dealers makes you a popular man.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Fun show, so many great records in one room. Good to see all of the hommies under one roof. Here's about half of what I brought home, early bird admission trades were off the hook. Can't wait for the next show. Laserwolf, please bring some gospel next time.

Jerms how much was the Slits Boot?
    I had one for $30 and nobody even sniffed it.
    Not to many people looking for punk or indie stuff, I was surprised.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    $20

yeah, I was surprised nobody was buying any indie. I like that Aislers Set alot..

I like that Aislers Set alot..

Cool.

• jeez, was this like the Leroy Hutson sell-a-thon?
    anyway i'm jealous- there are no good record shows around here. ever.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

3 notable NW diggers.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    jeez, was this like the Leroy Hutson sell-a-thon?
    anyway i'm jealous- there are no good record shows around here. ever.

Seriously. Like every dealer had multiple copies of Leroy Hutson!

• erikbeatserikbeats 129 Posts
    yo the show was dope
    here are some pics

my finds

the show

from my hotel room

checking back in to report that the stupid metal guitar song has a backwards message at the end of it: for the white boys.
    that's all.