strut people w kidz- do you SPANK their lil azzes?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
talk to me about it

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    only their sons cause their daughters are too precious for punishment

• Very rarely, and when we do it's a pat on the bottom only after everything else has failed.

I came up with my Pops using the strap. Never that son(s).

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    talk to me about it

this is a very poor/creepy use of the 'popcorn' icon.

I do not have kids , but when I do I will never spank them.

• haven't had to yet but it is not out of the question

• my friend told me that the only time he caught a whoopin was when he almost got ran over by a car.
    he was outside playing, a pitbull started chasing him and he ran into the street and a car had to swerve to avoid hitting him.
    his dad was outside witnessing the whole thing and then pulled off his belt and whooped him silly for running into traffic.
    LOL, we still joke that the only time he caught a whooping was when it wasn't his fault.

• only their sons cause their daughters are too precious for punishment

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I don't "spank" like over the knee type, but they can catch a quick swat...

I don't think too many parents ever want to hit there kids

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    On only the rarest of occasions and even then, it was more of a "slap on the hand" than a straight up spanking like my dad used to hand down.

My wife is vehemently opposed to corporal punishment and in theory, so am I, but I can have a short temper when it comes to certain kinds of behavior and there's a little voice in the back of my head whispering, "smack. hand. down."

Personally, I don't think corporal punishment is a necessity but I definitely believe in the notion of "consequences."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I generally put my son in an armbar or heel hook when he acts up. Spanking is a gateway to girlymen.

• I've never given them a full on whoopin', but a slap on the wrist for sure. My 8 year old has caught a few slaps on the mouth for saying foul things after being told not to say them.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

someone forgot to tell my Dad!
    It was administered here and there, and looking back, nothing hard; more symbolic, a warning.

I only got the belt once - when I was 9. I stayed out til 7 after school without calling or checking in. Usually I called to say where I was and who with, but I forgot this night. My friend Stephanie and I were playing in the underground garage of her building the whole time. Fun! When I found out what time it was, I was so scared, I thought I was going to puke. I'm running towards my building and coming in the other direction are my parents who have been driving around for two hours looking for me. They were scared out of their minds and furious. I got put in the back seat, taken home and got a literal ass-whooping. It didn't hurt, but I was PISSED.

• I had six siblings and my mom only ever hit my older brother once. That was when she was a single mother and he was acting wild. The shit he pulled, I am surprised she didn't kill him. I don't think I was ever hit once as a kid, so I doubt it is something I would ever do to my own kids.

• when the little man is giving backtalk i make him listen to spank rock

much more painful and leaves no marks

someone forgot to tell my Dad!
    It was administered here and there, and looking back, nothing hard; more symbolic, a warning.

I only got the belt once - when I was 9. I stayed out til 7 after school without calling or checking in. Usually I called to say where I was and who with, but I forgot this night. My friend Stephanie and I were playing in the underground garage of her building the whole time. Fun! When I found out what time it was, I was so scared, I thought I was going to puke. I'm running towards my building and coming in the other direction are my parents who have been driving around for two hours looking for me. They were scared out of their minds and furious. I got put in the back seat, taken home and got a literal ass-whooping. It didn't hurt, but I was PISSED.

I wont even go into my moms steez.

But I remember this kid Kenny didnt come home at the right time, and his mom walked around the hood w/ a baseball bat, askin' questions.
    And we were teenagers!
    He must have did somethin wrong.
    After that cats were called his mom Mookie Wilson.

• I ONLY spank my wife!

• I generally put my son in an armbar or heel hook when he acts up. Spanking is a gateway to girlymen.

my son already tries to armbar me when we wrestle.
    if he was a couple of years older, i would probably have to TapouT

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    On only the rarest of occasions and even then, it was more of a "slap on the hand" than a straight up spanking like my dad used to hand down.

Personally, I don't think corporal punishment is a necessity but I definitely believe in the notion of "consequences."

My parents did this to me. Just like a swat on the ass when I did something bad to reinforce inna Pavlovian style.

This would be the most I ever do to my child, once I have one. I'm a try to be more like the "fear of God" type dad that gets results with ill ice grills and strong words. Until they call my bluff, that is.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Psychological violence is much more powerful.

With all ages.

• I'm a try to be more like the "fear of God" type dad that gets results with ill ice grills and strong words.

I'll let my wife do this when we have kids. Her ice grill sons the shit out of mine.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    seriously - the fear of knowing I had messed up rattled me way more than a couple of slaps

• only their sons cause their daughters are too precious for punishment

yeah i wish!! i used to get a good ole belting/swatting up until i was 16 or 17 (even thought i was about to cop one last year), never on the ass though! Not a good method in my opinion, made me rather quick to lie to try cover my ass in the face of danger.......and avoid talking to my dad!!haha!!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    seriously - the fear of knowing I had messed up rattled me way more than a couple of slaps

A world of hurt is far more vast and ominous in the imagination than it is on the behind.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    it's against the law to lay a hand on your kids here, a fairly recent anti-smacking bill is to blame, it has received mixed responses from the population.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    it's against the law to lay a hand on your kids here, a fairly recent anti-smacking bill is to blame, it has received mixed responses from the population.

I'd love to see the ad campaign promoting the enforcement of this law.

Psychological violence is much more powerful.

With all ages.

i wish to get a good ole swatting on the ass!haha!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Very rarely, and when we do it's a pat on the bottom only after everything else has failed.

I came up with my Pops using the strap. Never that son(s).

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I got swatted/paddled/belted....you name it.

Corporal punishment is fine when you know its limitations.

• OH BUTTMON, I MEAN, BATMON!!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Never. No matter how you rationalize it, hitting your kid is a parenting failure, straight up.