New U2

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
yeah, I still listen to U2 and been listening to "No line on the horizon". I like it.Ride or die

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• I'll give it a good listen. But I haven't filed anything since Zooropa.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i dont know why but i CANNOT feel this band.

the song about New Years day is ok though

• 4 pager

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I ride for this (youth related)...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That's about it though.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

that wasn't bad.
    bono could stand to shutup a little more during the end of that, though

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Ride or die

Die.

• There's not nearly enough conflict of opinion to stretch this to even 3 pages.

Everyone hates U2. At least, everyone I know...

I ride for their entire output from Boy through Rattle & Hum. I own the double album and DVD. Even my wife hates that shit.

After that, it gets a little spotty. I've filed Achtung Baby and Zooropa, but for personal reasons. I like the latter more than the former.

It's so pathetic. People laugh as I pay $1 for sealed "Under A Blood Red Sky" and hide my face.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Altho I don't like anything past Zooropa, the new stuff is not bad, just uninteresting to me.

• EY THIS IS RED ROOCKS

• I ride for "The Wire" from Unforgettable Fire...

• Brian Eno

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I fell off the U2 bandwagon with Rattle and Hum. As I sat watching it on video while getting paid for my plasma (starving college student-related), I couldn't seperate the two unpleasant experiences I was enduring and henceforth I have sworn off U2. It makes me dizzy even thinking about it now.

• who produced it?

• I fell off the U2 bandwagon with Rattle and Hum.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I fell off the U2 bandwagon with Rattle and Hum. As I sat watching it on video while getting paid for my plasma (starving college student-related), I couldn't seperate the two unpleasant experiences I was enduring and henceforth I have sworn off U2. It makes me dizzy even thinking about it now.

yea I sold plasma too! Never got a six pack afterwards. Woulda be a cheap buzz.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'll ride for a lot of the stuff from Joshua Tree and early.

• Pretty much everything after the first two records is a variation on the same variety of hot garbage...

• 2 more ta go.....

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Bono Vox is a cool name, cuz it means he has a good voice and can sing really good

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I firmly believe that dude will be putting on oversize sunglasses and singing in front of a wall of TV screens for the next 45 years...they're only halfway done with that...

I'm reading Donny Hathaway hate on another post in here, so there's no way U2 is allowed any love.

Come on.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    It's so hard to disentangle U2's music and production from their righteous bullshit, but in the rare instances I am able to come close to doing so I think they are amazing, and am kind of in awe of their sound.

• Better than a lot of their stuff i've heard over the last several years. I dig the old stuff in that take you back to when you were young kinda thing.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    i dont know why but i CANNOT feel this band.

BONO....

• I am kind of in awe of their sound.

Yeah, I stomach Bono enough to really get into the production and esp the guitar tones. I really like that shit.

• I just threw my copy of War onto the ole turntable. I forgot how simple and raw the production was. The drums sound great. Of course, the guitar parts are incredible. And Bono was easier to take when he was younger.

My curiosity for these guys vanished after Zooropa, like a few others on here. At the time I think it was "Lemon" that dealt the fatal blow. Achtung Baby was interesting though I'll probably never listen to it again. And I've heard Joshua Tree enough unless I need an injection of nostalgia at some point.

Those first albums are some undeniably good rock and roll, though. I can see myself using War as a drum playalong record (I'm learning ... on a 1940s Slingerland kit that I was given recently. If only my downstairs neighbors could share my joy).

• Hahaha "Sunday Bloody Sunday" intro for DAYS

Irony is, I actually really like "Lemon". It is definitely a song I caught a LOT of shit for liking.

I find Zooropa to be more of a classic U2 record than people give it credit for being. Achtung, on the other hand, is pretty terrible. I might have to de-file... then again, they form such a perfect block on me shelves.

• this thread made me go and try to dig out Unforgetable Fire, but I flipped to Def Leppard "High and Dry" first and I took that out and am listening to that instead now...

• Hahaha "Sunday Bloody Sunday" intro for DAYS

Yep ... that's what prompted my drum comment without a doubt.

Irony is, I actually really like "Lemon". It is definitely a song I caught a LOT of shit for liking.

It's funny ... as I was writing that I was thinking that I might need to revisit that song out of curiosity (I mean, tastes have changed a bit since high school and that was probably the last time I listened to it). So I'm listening to it right now. And I'm diggin' it a lot more than I ever did.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hahaha "Sunday Bloody Sunday" intro for DAYS

Yep ... that's what prompted my drum comment without a doubt.

I saw Nirvana in July 91 opening for Dino Jr. Grohl kept playing the intro to Sunday Bloody Sunday between every song. Cobain dove off the top of a giant stack into the crowd...with his guitar on.