ADD to PIECE of SHIT EBAYER LIST: fredtablet

high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
okay ready for another one of these posts? Over a $9 45 he leaves me negative feedback because I told him since he wasn't satisfied I'd give hime a full refund (which includes me coming out of pocket for his return shipping), but he had to send it back to me first. You know, like you would in any other sales transaction on this planet. Macy's ain't giving you your money back if you don't bring the pants back to them.He didn't want to send it back and just wanted a refund and opened a claim in paypal. I responded to the claim choosing the option in Paypal "Will grant full refund once item is returned to seller."He then left me negative feedback, saying I don't give refunds.FUCKER.So, do I have any recourse here? I'm thinking not. Please to advise.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Same exact thing happened to a few months ago. I'm pretty sure you're stuck with the neg.

• You should be able to appeal to ebay if you followed your end of the user agreement and your stated/chosen refund terms.

They might not be able to take off the text but they might be able to remove it from your rating if it's found to be frivolous. They did that once for me in the past, although under a different scenario.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

FUCKER.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    this shit is always over a $9 nothing record too

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I sent eBay an email about it and they didn't do shit.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    how bout these:

this was sent to me AFTER the bidder won the auction!

"Hi, what catalog number has this vinyl and what condition is this vinyl."

and this gem of an email after a week of no payment on a $450 item

"We wish to express our gratitude for your polite correspondence.

I am sorry for being not able to report my work easily busily.

It is a commodity absolutely wanting it because this commodity is what I kept
    looking for for years.

It is promised to buy it without fail.

Please wait only a little more. "

• Happened to me awhile back! Damn Euroman scams!

a UK dude just threatened a chargeback / neg for something I only mailed a week ago - I got a bad feeling about this one

does it ever help to report them to ebay for feedback extortion pre-emptively?

I wonder

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I just got neg from a guy who never paid for the item ! How dose that work ?
    I waited three weeks he told me he could't afford the item. I was like pay me the listing fees and we''l call it even. No reply so i filed a payment dispute. After seven days and still no money i gave him an unpaid item strike. This is almost a month after the initial date of sale mind you. Two weeks later i get a neg from him. Ebay won't remove it even though is says in its listings that this is one of the circumstances in which it would remove negative feedback.
    So now i have one neg rating and if i look at his profile no where can i see that he has an unpaid item strike.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Start another account, wait 'till he sells something cheap, buy it, and then blast him with a neg.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

looking for for years.

AWESOME!

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts

looking for for years.

AWESOME!

sounds babelfish-r

• I just got neg from a guy who never paid for the item ! How dose that work ?
    I waited three weeks he told me he could't afford the item. I was like pay me the listing fees and we''l call it even. No reply so i filed a payment dispute. After seven days and still no money i gave him an unpaid item strike. This is almost a month after the initial date of sale mind you. Two weeks later i get a neg from him. Ebay won't remove it even though is says in its listings that this is one of the circumstances in which it would remove negative feedback.
    So now i have one neg rating and if i look at his profile no where can i see that he has an unpaid item strike.

i thought they took down feedback for people that you open an unpaid strike to ?

luckily i've only had one chargeback situation (knock on wood). some buyer in germany wanted it shipped surface so i shipped it surface, when he didn't get it in a week he did a chargeback. it was over a $9 record so i just blocked him.

• you can always leave him his "positive" feedback, but put some shit in all capitals like "SCAM BUYER! DO NOT SELL TO HIM, WILL LEAVE YOU NEGATIVE FEEDBACK"...also add something like "AND HE TOUCHES LITTLE BOYS"

also instead of emailing ebay, use the "live chat" option, you may be on there a while waiting, but it seems to work better...I had a buyer threatening me with negative feedback if I didnt give him a refund w/o sending the record back. I made a complaint with the "live chat" and they had me send them the email where he threatened me and I never heard anything else from dude, nor got a negative. Maybe if you do the live chat thing and have them look at your payapl claim message "will refund once buyer returns item"...might be helpful

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

that is absolute bullshit... you need to be more diligent with ebay , there is no way they can keep that feedback on your profile. You might even have to call the fuckers (if that is possible)? If they still refuse to remove it after more persistence , I don't know what to say but that would be crazy.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

that is absolute bullshit... you need to be more diligent with ebay , there is no way they can keep that feedback on your profile. You might even have to call the fuckers (if that is possible)? If they still refuse to remove it after more persistence , I don't know what to say but that would be crazy.

same thing happened to me last year from some frog. dude won the record for $200 and then said he couldnt pay that but could give me $100 for it instead. mailed all the info to ebay and they just shrugged their shoulders.

to add to the list of people im blocking:

marcofunk

tired of waiting for his ass to pay for records. tired of his bullshit emails of "as long as this is funk/soul i will pay for record". his money is no good to me anymore.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    a UK dude just threatened a chargeback / neg for something I only mailed a week ago - I got a bad feeling about this one

I wonder

I'd like to know who that is. A buddy of mine in Pasadena had the exact same thing happen to him from a UK chap. Same fellow?

• I was going to poast a new thread, but since it seems like there's action on this one here 'goes.

What do you guys think about partial refunds? I have a guy right now who is unhappy with the condition of a record, says it skips on his deck, it did not on mine, and my policy is always send the record back, get a full refund. Now, nobody ever wants to do this because they have to pay to send it back. Then they beg for $30 back on the purchase or whatever.

My stated policy is clear - returns for defective merchandise, 100% refund. I don't pay for the guy to send it back though. Should I offer to?

• I was going to poast a new thread, but since it seems like there's action on this one here 'goes.

What do you guys think about partial refunds? I have a guy right now who is unhappy with the condition of a record, says it skips on his deck, it did not on mine, and my policy is always send the record back, get a full refund. Now, nobody ever wants to do this because they have to pay to send it back. Then they beg for $30 back on the purchase or whatever.

My stated policy is clear - returns for defective merchandise, 100% refund. I don't pay for the guy to send it back though. Should I offer to?

Depends on the record/price and far away they are ($10 record that went to the Ukraine? Here is your money back, keep the fuggin thing...$400 raer that you know you could sell again easily, ship that fugger back plaese), but Im with you on the all or nothing policy...if they are really unhappy with it then they shouldnt even want to keep it...if they still want to keep the record, then I feel the jackass buyer should pay for it. It is always suspect when someone wants a partial refund, you cant be THAT unhappy if you want to keep the record.

• The price was just short of a c-note.

I'd be happy to keep the LP, it's quite good. The buyer wants ~ 1/3 of the price back.

I wonder

I'd like to know who that is. A buddy of mine in Pasadena had the exact same thing happen to him from a UK chap. Same fellow?

userid: edthrasher

to be honest I've been getting alot of 'where is my record???' shit from the UK over the past week

uh, what about this SNOW SHUTDOWN shite we've been hearing about?

The price was just short of a c-note.

I'd be happy to keep the LP, it's quite good. The buyer wants ~ 1/3 of the price back.

make them send that shit back

I recently had a guy complain that a record was 'unplayable' - he sent it back & I reversed his whole paypal payment

the lp turned out to be a bit dusty - I polished it up for a sec & it played clean - I probably should have cleaned it better before I sent it - but some of these amateur collectros these days don't even know how to wipe down a record - can't even take that for granted

• The price was just short of a c-note.

I guess its either the LP or $66...if its a good record I would take it back, dont let the dude have the satisifaction of having a good record.

Then again if you really need the $66, which is totally understandable these days, then give him his partial refund and never let dude bid on your shit again...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I sent eBay an email about it and they didn't do shit.

Ebay combined with Half.com is terrible when it comes to customer service.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    I know im sayin
    Thanks for the advice. I think im going to have to try and call Ebay or use that live chat.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

to add to the list of people im blocking:

marcofunk

tired of waiting for his ass to pay for records. tired of his bullshit emails of "as long as this is funk/soul i will pay for record". his money is no good to me anymore.

cocksucker!

"this is just a sinple automatic reminder to say 2u ITEM NEVER CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLS LET ME HAVE IT SOON, OR SOON I WILL PROCEDD PER THE RULES TXS SO MUCH"

my response:

"this is the second time youve bought a record from me and said i didnt send you the package. this is also the second threatening letter youve sent me saying you will contact ebay saying i didnt mail your package even when i did. maybe you should check with your postal office because the fault is probably with them. i have not had a package go missing in over 11yrs of dealing records. id be surprised if a $5 LP is, all of a sudden, missing from your post office.

i will be contacting my ebay and paypal representatives in regard to you, your package, and your email.

please let me know if you havent received your package by the end of the week (3/14/09). i will reimburse you for your total amount (LP + shipping to your country).

thank you for your time marcofunk."

he is now on the forever blocked list.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Justin if you need the "special" eBay phone number PM me, I know Nate has got it too.

In other news, the CEO of eBay got paid 22 million this year.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

What do you guys think about partial refunds?

This has been happening more and more often.

I had one german dude want half his money back on an item (in an auction where I posted mp3s of the ENTIRE record so he could easily check condition). Regardless, I said send it back and I'll refund all of your money. He says, "oh no, the record is really in bad shape, you won't be able to resell it. just refund half please." I stick to my guns and next thing I know I get a positive feedback from the guy saying "Great record, great seller thanks!" or some shit.

This leads me to believe that this is just standard procedure for some buyers. They attempt to get a rebate with each item they win - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Just say no to this partial refund shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    With refunds, partial or not, aren't you guys concerned about someone f*cking up the record just on some F*ck you shit before returning it or minting up and sending their skated copy back?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Speaking of sketchiness, at 8:54 this morning, I was outbid on an item and at 8:55 the bid was retracted and I was in the lead again. Honest mistake or max bid discovery?