Lux Interior RIP

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
For Immediate Release: February 4, 2009 Lux Interior, lead singer of The Cramps, passed away this morning due to an existing heart condition at Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, California at 4:30 AM PST today. Lux has been an inspiration and influence to millions of artists and fans around the world. He and wife Poison Ivy???s contributions with The Cramps have had an immeasurable impact on modern music. The Cramps emerged from the original New York punk scene of CBGB and Max???s Kansas City, with a singular sound and iconography. Their distinct take on rockabilly and surf along with their midnight movie imagery reminded us all just how exciting, dangerous, vital and sexy rock and roll should be and has spawned entire subcultures. Lux was a fearless frontman who transformed every stage he stepped on into a place of passion, abandon, and true freedom. He is a rare icon who will be missed dearly. The family requests that you respect their privacy during this difficult time.http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/cramps-lux-interior-rip/

Comments

• It is getting TOUGH to be a music fan these days...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Oh man, RIP, I love the Cramps. Sad sad news.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Oh crap. I'm never gonna get to see them live. I am sad.

• DAMN! A true original (and a SERIOUS record collector). How old was he?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    RIP

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    This sucks. I'm bummed. One of the best performers I ever saw.

• RIP
    This really sucks. I love this band dearly.

• DAMN! A true original (and a SERIOUS record collector). How old was he?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    For Immediate Release:
    February 4, 2009

Lux Interior, lead singer of The Cramps, passed away this morning due to an existing heart condition at Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, California at 4:30 AM PST today. Lux has been an inspiration and influence to millions of artists and fans around the world. He and wife Poison Ivy???s contributions with The Cramps have had an immeasurable impact on modern music.

The Cramps emerged from the original New York punk scene of CBGB and Max???s Kansas City, with a singular sound and iconography. Their distinct take on rockabilly and surf along with their midnight movie imagery reminded us all just how exciting, dangerous, vital and sexy rock and roll should be and has spawned entire subcultures. Lux was a fearless frontman who transformed every stage he stepped on into a place of passion, abandon, and true freedom. He is a rare icon who will be missed dearly.

The family requests that you respect their privacy during this difficult time.

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/cramps-lux-interior-rip/

RIP.

The Cramps were a truly great rock'n'roll band. I only ever saw them once, but luckily it was the o.g. line-up, when they first toured the UK with the Songs The Lord Taught Us album, and they looked and sounded genuinely unhinged. They were playing at Eric's in Liverpool, and my boy Jamie, who was part of the in-house crew and a hardcore rockabilly head, later said that Bryan Gregory was the only person he'd ever met who genuinely scared him. All the Abbott-and-Costello-Meet-The-Wolfman, comedy-horror, cartoon goth shit that came in their wake kinda dissipated the initial impact they had after a while, but they made some terrific records.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    This is really sad.
    Gonna be listening to the Cramps all day.
    "Let's whoop it up and have a real bad time!"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    oh shit...that SUCKS

RIP Lux

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    RIP.......bummer!

• RIP

This one time I saw the cramps...Lux had on some pleather pants, and while he crawling around on the PA speakers he dangled his leg off of them and it looked like he had a garden hose running inside his pants...sweat was pouring out of the leg non-stop, it never let up...just a constant stream.