Tuna-Fish Sammich???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
I dont ever eat this shit, but today i brought a pack of Bumble Bee (albacore) whatevers.Give me a recipe......Mayo,mustard,scallions,salt,pepper,.....????"traditional" and left of center joints appreciated.Fake ass fish.

Comments

• i dice celery/red onions into it and a bit of dill and a dash of paprika.

• I could go for some tuna & rice, tuna & rice, tuna & rice with some shoyu on the side.

Or kecap manis on the rice. Aiya, that might be lunch today.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Why you gotta hate on tuna salad so bad if you are about to eat it?

I do something like:
    Mayo,scallions,salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,chopped celery,chopped pickles

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Add vinegar to the mayo as well - stops it being so sickly IMO. As mentioned above red onions also go with it nicely. Strictly something to be eaten behind closed doors though as the strongest mint in the world won't combat that combination of odours for the rest of the day.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I plan on makin a big mix and putting it on a sammich.

2 for chopped celery.

Sun dried tomatoes???

The real question is the binder -

Sour cream, Mayo, Olive oil, yogurt???

• Curried mayo

Curried mayo

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    balsamic mayo

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Curried mayo

lime or siracha mayo too

• olive oil, lemon juice, scallion, white beans, a tiny tiny bit o mayo, pepper

or

small diced carrot, red pepper, red onion (or scallion), celery, lemon juice, mayo, tiny bit o mustard

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    It's always mystifying why youse guys have to mess around with this shit.

It's a tuna sarnie. Put the tuna between the bread. Job done.

Go mad and put butter on the bread.
    Go nuts and mix mayo with the tuna.
    Go berserk and chuck some sweetcorn in.
    Go totally Christian Bale and throw some f*cking diced peppers into the brew.

Just don't pretend it's a tuna sandwich any more.

Jesus.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The real question is the binder -

Sour cream, Mayo, Olive oil, yogurt???

I've been rocking these oil-based organic marinades I picked up on the cheap in the organic aisle at the supermarket. They were 50% off, which I realized afterward, was because they suck as marinades due to their oil-based nature. They just don't permeate or tenderize the meat at all. They do, however, make for a delicious binder for tuna. I've been rocking a roasted garlic one and a balsamic joint. The roasted garlic is particularly good. Throw some cheese on that shit too. I've been using a creme brie with herbs.

• I LOVE TUNA.
    I just drain the heck out of it, add a teaspoon of mayonnaise, spread it on some nice wheat bread, and then finish off with some tomato and lettuce

• I used to eat at this Cuban sandwich place in Jamaica Plain (that Miami spot on Centre St. for you Boston heads) that would grill their tuna sandwiches like you would a Cubano. It made them so so extra good.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I dig tuna fish salad. Get the tuna packed in oil. Chopped celery, touch of mayo, barbados hot sauce, ground pepper. Game over.

• Why you gotta hate on tuna salad so bad if you are about to eat it?

Who said I said I hated?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Olive Oil
    Salt
    Black Pepper
    Lemon
    Celery

• What the hell is wrong with you?

Tuna melt with sliced tomato and jack cheese on whole wheat bread.

• What the hell is wrong with you?

Cue Homer Simpson drool....

• i like to throw a can of tuna in a pan with a couple of eggs every now and then too, thats a good ass omelet.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Mayo
    Green Onions
    Sweet Pickle Relish
    Celery
    Pepper
    Lemon
    Sweet pickles

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What the hell is wrong with you?

Sorry, but the combination of fish and cheese is pretty unappetizing to me, & for some reason I've never been able to stand the combination of tomatoes & fish. It truly disgusts me more than anything else.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    What the hell is wrong with you?

Sorry, but the combination of fish and cheese is pretty unappetizing to me, & for some reason I've never been able to stand the combination of tomatoes & fish. It truly disgusts me more than anything else.

Crazy talk. The tuna melt is easily top ten all time for classic sandwiches. I'll occasionally throw a lil' shaved red onion in there as well.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Sometimes I replace the celery with apple.

I'm also known to carry on the elementary school tradition of putting potato chips on top and smashing them down with the bread.

Unfortunately, I eat way too many subpar tuna sandwiches for lack of better options near my work, and it has kind of killed my affection for tuna.

• Curried mayo

This is my favorite. I am having curried chicken salad for lunch today. Currents, pecans, mayo, madras curry and chicken. Would probably work with tuna too.

Adding some madras curry to mayo and using it as a dip for sweet potato fries is where it is at.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I've never been able to stand the combination of tomatoes & fish. It truly disgusts me more than anything else.

Salmon poached in tomato water is amazing.

I like to throw some toasted pinenuts, pecans, or walnuts in with my tuna

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I LOVE TUNA.
    I just drain the heck out of it, add a teaspoon of mayonnaise, spread it on some nice wheat bread, and then finish off with some tomato and lettuce

this was my single days default dinner.

so this is what i did -

Curried Mayo
    Sour Cream
    Raspberry vinegar (homeade)
    Celery Salt
    Fresh Ground Black Pepper
    Red Onion
    Chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes

throwed on some Dark German Wheat bread

• thats too much shit IMO