Dilla Day (What Are Your Plans?)

13»

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Slum Village Fantastic 1 & 2

Really? I don't remember that many people riding for him when SV first came out. In fact, the most positive things I did hear were along the lines of, Jay Dee's beats are a-ight, but those emcees suck. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an actual turning point now, although such a thing would probably be closer to the release of the Jaylib record than the initial release of the SV shit.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

Our tribute ...

Louis Van de leest Jr. aka LuiGi from Infinitskills (drums), Louis Van de Leest Sr. (violin), Hendrik Vanattenhoven (double bass) & Pierre Anckaert (fender rhodes) aka the Louie Gee Ensemble present a bossa-jazz version of Rene Costy's Scrabble used by J Dilla for "F*ck the Police"... read more and listen

Thats great. Im still looking for this origonal if anyone has a spare.

there was one in the market place yesterday?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

i want a copy of this mixtape plaese

thanks!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Slum Village Fantastic 1 & 2

Really? I don't remember that many people riding for him when SV first came out. In fact, the most positive things I did hear were along the lines of, Jay Dee's beats are a-ight, but those emcees suck. In fact, I'm struggling to think of an actual turning point now, although such a thing would probably be closer to the release of the Jaylib record than the initial release of the SV shit.

He certainly got dap with the Slum Village stuff, but like someone said above, I think around/after Donuts was really when the Cult of Dilla really sprang up and dudes were jizzing. in. their. pants. at the mention of his name.

I remember him getting the critical praise for Jaylib, at least for his production. I think that put him on the whole Stones Throw scene and built the foundation for the nutriders to start suckin dick while they're walkin when Donuts dropped.