Sorry to get all TMZ on you...

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
...'cause I usually hate this type of BS, but I thought Christian Bale's flip out was pretty damn funny and over-the-top.

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    yes! I just listened to that. haha

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    slightly disturbing display of assholery

• Paaaaaaaaaaants man!! Why? Why'd you have to post that herm? He just lost all (ok, maybe 95%) of his appeal in that audio!!nagl!

• What are you talking about? TMZ is the best. They asked Sarah Palin if she's seen Nailin' Palin, today. A lot of it is filmed in my neighborhood so it's funny like that, too. Hey, look. They're filming in front of my girlfriends work again. LOL.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Sounded like legitimate anger to me...

• Sounds like that guy forgot how important actors are!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I didn't know he was English. He's still a good actor but needs some serious anger manageement classes or to stay away from the steroids.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    damn bale sounded like he was running that set. mcg needs to grow some balls and back his dp up a little.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    like we havent been pissed at someone at work. jesus, tmz will make 'news' of anything.

• One of my manual pads is in front of Crown Bar. The valet dudes hate me.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• So he's an actor,a good one at that, and they where filming and some guy ruins it? How is he an asshole?

Did the guy really deserve to get reamed out like that in front of the entire set? Even if someone's being a bit of a prick, there are classier ways of dealing with it than that.

Funny that the film company made sure the insurers had a copy of this, in the event Bale walked off set. I dunno, maybe that's standard practice, but there seems to be some suggestion that Bale is known not to be above this kind of behaviour.

• Dude is a DP on a high-profile major motion picture. You would hope somebody at that point would get a clue.

I don't know man, I guess i'm just riding for dude because he is a great actor and the DP in somewhat in the wrong. If this was just a regular half-wit I can honestly say I would see it different.

• Everyone has a right to be spoken to with dignity and respect on the job. Anything less is unacceptable.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    what a dick

"my mind is not in the scene"

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Everyone has a right to be spoken to with dignity and respect on the job. Anything less is unacceptable.

Yes.

I like Bale as an actor, but it seems he is just another primadonna f*cking actor. What a tosser. Will this cause me to boycott his films? No. Will this cause me to think he is a self-centered dork? Yes.

• Everyone has a right to be spoken to with dignity and respect on the job. Anything less is unacceptable.

Yes.

I like Bale as an actor, but it seems he is just another primadonna f*cking actor. What a tosser. Will this cause me to boycott his films? No. Will this cause me to think he is a self-centered dork? Yes.

I mean he was a child actor too. These famous actor types seem to lose all sense of reality. At least he isn't knocking over convenience stores. That said, "self-centered dork" covers it.

• ehhhh...maybe the DP had been doing this shit all frickin day and bale had asked him before not to enter his scene a few times before we heard the freak out. DP clams up and doesnt defend himself, so maybe dude was fuggin shit up...

Man, talk about quick out of the blocks...

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    So he's an actor,a good one at that, and they where filming and some guy ruins it? How is he an asshole?

we only have bale's word for it that the other guy "ruins it." and besides, on a film set, for every scene they do take after take after take. for one to be ruined is no big deal, unless you're blowing something up that can't be blown up twice, or you nail a scene like it's never been nailed before. I would have to imagine Bale has "ruined" many takes on this film and hasn't been talked to by anyone in anything close to this manner. And, perspective: this is a Terminator movie being made by McG; we're not talking about Citizen Kane here.

maybe after working with Herzog on Rescue Dawn, Bale got bitten by the Klaus Kinski bug. If that's the case, he should rewatch My Best Fiend and make his rants both more delirious and more inventive from this point forward.

• McG

This dude.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Why does Bale's accent keep on slipping all over the place - very strange. I took it as read at this point in his career that Bale's a complete jerk off who has absolutely zero sense of humour. Doesn't stop me enjoying the movies he's in or rating him as an actor like most of the big names in Hollywood.

That clip's still probably going to be about twenty times more entertaining than this movie anyway.

McG

This dude.

How does he continue to get work? I mean, a Charlie's Angels movie was never going to be the zenith of cinematic achievement in this or a million other lifetimes, but any director worth the appellation ought to be able to make a decent popcorn movie out of it, especially when you've got a bunch of marquee-name eye candy on board. Yet Full Throttle was an absolute f*ckin' dog's breakfast of a picture. "Hey, let's get Cameron Diaz to do the Dorky White Girl dance to Baby Got Back! It'll be so kewl, because, like, she's got no butt an' shit..."

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    all I gotta say is props to the Sound guy for keeping it rolling, hahaha.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    If we all stop enjoying the art created by people who had at one time or another behaved like major arseholes, we'd probably have to close this place down.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This never gets old

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    If we all stop enjoying the art created by people who had at one time or another behaved like major arseholes, we'd probably have to close this place down.

thank god we can seperate the art from the person. i dont give a F*ck that he is a little bitch in real life, ill never have to deal with him in real life, it wont stop me from seeing his movies though.

McG... how the hell does he have a career?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

McG... how the hell does he have a career?

the name "Rootless Cosmo" comes to mind