Good Times TV Show !!!

13»

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Go to any Art School across the country and Basquiat style is aped by mad students. Ernie Barnes' style doesnt leave the ghetto.Basquiat is Global.

BATMON BFA.'91

If your case is strictly academic, Ernie Barnes isn't taught in most art schools outside of HBCU's. The one week you get on African American art probably consists of Romare Bearden, Jacob Lawrence. MABYE! Most Fine Art curriculums don't group him w/Black artists but instead avant garde artist like Warhol.

Basquiat is over rated, I'll take Ernie Barnes over his work any day... jacob Lawrence is what's up though, one of my favorite artists. This is my favorite by him:

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    JUST GREAT!!...a Good Times appreciation thread but no appreciation in the Soul Train thread

from the looks of things, there's no Good Times appreciation in the Good Times thread

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    JUST GREAT!!...a Good Times appreciation thread but no appreciation in the Soul Train thread

from the looks of things, there's no Good Times appreciation in the Good Times thread

i admit i didnt read the entire thread but i loved Good Times i own all seasons on DVD and can quote that bitch front to back ...but...the show was/is an embarassment...guilty pleasure i guess

i admit i didnt read the entire thread but i loved Good Times i own all seasons on DVD and can quote that bitch front to back ...but...the show was/is an embarassment...guilty pleasure i guess

The scripts and acting weren't always the best - James, Florida and Willona were the glue that held it together, and truthfully J.J., Thelma and Michael were still learning their craft. But even so, I still like the show.

Hell, Diff'rent Strokes was even worse - at least Jimmie Walker knew enough to retire the "dy-no-mite!" business when it got to be too much, but Gary Coleman kept on with the "whatchutalkinbout" line for an ungodly long time.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    J.J., Thelma and Michael were still learning their craft. But even so, I still like the show.

Bernadette Stanis is the worst actress of all time

J.J., Thelma and Michael were still learning their craft. But even so, I still like the show.

Bernadette Stanis is the worst actress of all time

listen closely on those early episodes; she's got the thickest Bronx accent this side of bugs bunny

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

she's got the thickest ass this side of the Bronx