weekend finds!

124»

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    karlophone, id love to go through your collection someday.

p.s. the mono record i found was mcdonald and giles.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    karlophone, id love to go through your collection someday.

p.s. the mono record i found was mcdonald and giles.

ill trade you a dig thru my collection for an Ako drum recording session!

Well damn, never seen a mono. and ive had the odd fortune of picking up no less than 11 McDonald And Giles in the last few years. ive got a white label DJ copy but its stereo. with my 3 keepers, 4 in the trade pile and the rough ones given away, i thought i was "done"...but mono, huh.....

• Alice is a long time favourite. Finally got around to copping the vinyl. Happy is a Finnish jazz LP that I had never even seen before.

How do you like that Happy album? I'm unfamiliar with it ...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Well damn, never seen a mono. and ive had the odd fortune of picking up no less than 11 McDonald And Giles in the last few years. ive got a white label DJ copy but its stereo. with my 3 keepers, 4 in the trade pile and the rough ones given away, i thought i was "done"...but mono, huh.....

check it out:

IMG src=http://www.divshare.com/img/display/6359303-4a1>

• Alice is a long time favourite. Finally got around to copping the vinyl. Happy is a Finnish jazz LP that I had never even seen before.

How do you like that Happy album? I'm unfamiliar with it ...
    It's a very basic throwback jazz LP from 1971. I really like two tracks on it though: the hard bop tune "Lappri" and the cover of "Summertime". Check for yourself.

"Lappri"

"Summertime"

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    pulled these two oldschool joints from the $bins, havent seen them before not sure if they're raer or command any sort of value....

The label screams $$, the novelty aspect keeps it below $10.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    damn theres so much fire in this thread!

This thread > all 08 finds threads combined

• Some recent additions:

I think Guzzo is up on that Ernie Story LP, no?

Yes, that was part of the bounty I traded to Chris, $200 LP whiteboy soul private press thing.

Personally I wasn't feeling it so much but I know dudes in Japan are

Since we are keeping things in the strut fam, I can only guess that the Ralph Robles was the one Joe Gaines sold to me, but shipped to Andr*w, who then flipped it to you. Enjoy it.

• Some recent additions:

I think Guzzo is up on that Ernie Story LP, no?

Yes, that was part of the bounty I traded to Chris, $200 LP whiteboy soul private press thing.

Personally I wasn't feeling it so much but I know dudes in Japan are

besides for the cut disco city that record is a huge steaming turd, sold my copy years ago for $20, now it's $200 or more, i need it again for that cut, if anyone has one for sale get in touch

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Since we are keeping things in the strut fam, I can only guess that the Ralph Robles was the one Joe Gaines sold to me, but shipped to Andr*w, who then flipped it to you. Enjoy it.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Want to get in on this action. Some long-time wants nailed down by generous fellow strutteurs (Age & Aleit I see you!!)

The TF record I've literally been looking for since day one, probably the first raer that I ever heard of. Al Escobar is Stone Mint 100% perfect copy.

All of the following are dope except the Conjunto Lobo. Beware folks, this ones a terd.

• Best find in a long long time...

A super clean Bermuda Triangle LP on Winter Solstice.

6 Dollars. Thank you Alabama!

Peace,

Dress

• woah!! some heavy stuff in this thread!!!

here's my guff from the last few weeks - various sources: charities, interent, local shops etc...

"HOW PINK ARE THOSE ELEPHANTS" (pink elephant comp of euro rock and soul, has a feew nice jeronimo tracks and, most importantly - "speakin my mind" by Taiconderoga (i cant afford the 45 ))
    SOUND CEREMONY ( one man wonky garage rock from 1980)
    BILL DOGGETT - "wow" (fun organ jazz, title cut is great)
    HAIR (another one for the collection, this one is small group instros - heavy on the organ!)
    LOST NATION (rare earth heavy organ rock)
    "SALVATION" ost (hippie musical with an awesome scat/breakbeat track)
    STOOGES (not listened yet. shameful!)
    KENSINGTON MARKET (canadian pop psych stuff - -some great tracks on here - most notably "the thinker" -as heard on dr delay's "REM" psych mix)
    NILSSON (never had this before!! "jump into the fire" is awesome!)
    K-TEL TV GREATS (never seen this one before. all the usual suspects on here)
    DIANE SOLOMON (tasty dusty fingers-esque "sunshine superman")
    LONNIE SMITH (jazz funk. nothing special to my ears)

plus some 45's:
    K-TEL MULTI-EXERCISER RHYTHM-MUSIC (what it says on the tin. moogy!)
    GEORGIE FAME - "beware of the dog" (killer mod instro - spare)
    MARIANNE FAITHFUL - "morning sun/ this little bird" (very pleasant)
    GOLDEN TOADSTOOLS - "silly savage" (brilliant fun raw mod funk stuff - can't wait to play this out)
    SLADE - "candiddate" (another nice slade b-side.. .although "the man who speaks evil" is the best ive heard)
    THE TROGGS - "maybe the madman?" (killer psych with good drums)
    WHITE DENIM - "let's talk about it" (my GF picked me up the original 45 release of this great song - worse artwork than the rerelease but a better b-side!)

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    vacation pics. real world finds. dumb cheap.

also caught a spare copy of These Trails s/t LP, but sold it to a strutter before i got a chance to take pics.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Damn, nice finds on those last 2 singles!

Did you really only pay $4 for "Hercules??"

That Covay LP rules, too. My copy looks clean but plays like crap

• observobserv 55 Posts
    wow shitzr those are some great finds. a lot of hawaiian heat!!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Damn, nice finds on those last 2 singles!

Did you really only pay $4 for "Hercules??"

That Covay LP rules, too.
    Pretty much what SOI said, there's some nice 45s in there.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    all the 45's were under $5. half from one spot, the other half from a packrat from around the way. definitely caught fools sleepin, cause if you can see the price tags, they're dated (and i'm assuming put out for sale) four months ago!

hercules was a nice surprise, but was never too big a fan of the track. what really got me geeked were the vashonettes 45 and the bugs 45. both

• Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket spare

gravedigger

Photobucket

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    As luck would have it I was able to pick this up today for $0.25 in EX to NM condition. PM with offers if interested!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Photobucket

Nice one! the version of 'Caravan' is great. Don Alias kills it on that album too.

• also caught a spare copy of These Trails s/t LP, but sold it to a strutter before i got a chance to take pics.

Fake finds.

Nah, for real that's probably my favorite record purchase in a long time. Thanks again for hooking me up.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    As luck would have it I was able to pick this up today for $0.25 in EX to NM condition. PM with offers if interested!

nice find

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

$0.30!

• radrad 51 Posts