Akai made my dream controller.

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I have a sketch from a few months back of my "dream controller" for Ableton, and it looks almost identical to this one. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked about it.More info:http://www.akaipro.com/apc40

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Holy shit.
    What's the street price?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    jesus i feel so dumb for buying a mpd32 now. at least i got a year out of it...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    jesus i feel so dumb for buying a mpd32 now. at least i got a year out of it...

This looks like it has an entirely different application than the MPD, no?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    indeed, not knocking the mpd just saying this looks far better for what i do. I have an old mpd16 so the pads are a bit redundant for me.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    yes

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Holy shit.
    What's the street price?

No word on pricing or availability yet.

Found this though:
    http://www.ableton.com/touch (no homo)

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Nice.

Also I didn't know a young Viggo Mortensen was behind Ableton.

• I mean you could trigger clips, and do song arrangment(mixing) on the fly, but if your not using loops on songs already recorded, how would you go about making a new clip using say drum rack or the keyboard sounds it comes with? You need a whole nother controller right?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I mean you could trigger clips, and do song arrangment(mixing) on the fly, but if your not using loops on songs already recorded, how would you go about making a new clip using say drum rack or the keyboard sounds it comes with? You need a whole nother controller right?

I'm betting the pads are flexible, but yeah they're more for triggering clips in session view, which is something I've been looking for.

APC40 + MPK49 =

• snosno 332 Posts
    hopefully it can be a Monome-type of controller with the new MAX for Live app.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Ableton CEO says price is $399 MAP

• Looks pretty cool. If I only used live I would def get it. Or if it was programable to be used with other programs...

• to the person with 2 akai mpd's...if you need to sell one of them so you can buy this new albeton controller let me know

ps, i'm cheap