snow & driving

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I swear we had snow for about an hour or so here in south Jersey. It's like people forget how to drive when they see snow flakes. Hey gramps! Just because there are some flurries it doesn't mean you have to drive 20 miles under the speed limit.

Comments

• better safe than sorry.

Driving at half the speed limit on a busy road isn't "safe"....

...especially in NJ...

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    better safe than sorry.

where do u live? in arizona??

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    see, the EXACT OPPOSITE in my midwest college town when it snows. moronic fratboys flip their suv's like a mofucka.

"SNOW? WHO CARES I GOT 4 WHEEL DRIVE DUDE!!!! LETS HIT THIS TURN AT 45! AWESOME!"

false security

I witnessed an suv flip a few years ago. I was the first on the scene. I was useless. Not one of my finer moments. That suv was diriving like you described. He passed me and I was like. "mofo is driving kind of fast" Next thing you know...flipped

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I swear we had snow for about an hour or so here in south Jersey. It's like people forget how to drive when they see snow flakes. Hey gramps! Just because there are some flurries it doesn't mean you have to drive 20 miles under the speed limit.

Yep, that's the "Jersey Driver" mentality. Being in a hurry always trumps public safety and well-being up here. Going fast and perhaps injuring oneself and others is the way to go!!! I had to this nutjob earlier for driving crazy as F*ck, trying to cut me off on snowy roads. Sometimes, I wanna whip somebody's ass the way they drive in Central Jersey!!! If only I drove a beatdown, rusted out'74 Impala...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

where do u live? in arizona??

lol. nah i just think if they're driving like that it's probably for the best they don't try going faster. I consider myself a good driver but there's been times when it's snowing i simply can't see the lines on the roads and dudes are flying by in their's suv's going 90 mph and you get to thinking 'aww shit' what i'm a do now. lol. I don't know, that's why roads have more than one lane.

when I was goofing on slow ass drivers. There wasn't even snow on the road. Just flakes falling. I'm all for being careful but when you drive extra slow it sucks. It's actually more dangerous to other drivers.

I'm all for driving condition safety but you can drive too fast AND you can drive too slow.