Dump Mylatency as Moderator

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I crave the cock.

Comments

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    I can think of about three good reasons for a moderator to edit somebody else's post:

1. It contains something seriously offensive

2. It makes confidential information public

3. It impedes the function of the board, an example being posts that contain oversize jpegs

I don't think a moderator should ever edit another person's post on sheer whim.

I also don't think a moderator should edit other people's posts without making it clear that he or she has done so and that the post--as edited--can't be entirely attributed to the person that created it.

These are not controversial ideas--they're pretty basic to any reputable online community.

Here are two examples of mylatency abusing the powers of moderator from the past week:

1. Deleting one of fatback's posts because he was "getting sick of this thread"

2. Editing one of tripledouble's posts because T**y referred to him as "captain-props-to-diplo"

These are the ones I know about; it is worth noting that he left no indication in the latter post that he had altered it in any way.

This sh!t is really not acceptable.

Word, get this dude the fuck out of here.

• hey tough guys... blow it out yor azz. mylatency rules forever.

anthony in california

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    hey tough guys... blow it out yor azz. mylatency rules forever.

anthony in california

Censorship is like, totally, NOT cool Anthony. Shit harshes my mellow.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i tend to agree.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    mylatency rules with a ironfist forever.

I cant believe all of you are taking it so seriously,you guys know he's good peoples.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I don't know about dumping him but doggie definitely needs to chill with the edits. Everyone been cool with the older moderators so no reason to screw that up with the newer ones, right?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    at the end of the day, who cares, soulstruts just a stupid message board for wax nerds like me!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I don't know about M*rk editing Tripledouble's post, but I think he edited Fatback's because it contained something seriously offensive, as Faux put it. Wasn't it a racist joke or something? I gotta say, I didn't understand what dude meant when he said he was sick of the thread. Maybe tired of all the hate going on?

I can't dump on the guy. From what I can see, I don't think he's doing a bad job as a mod at all. Can anyone give details of that 2nd edit? What thread was that in?

Peace

h

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Its This one. Yeah, I had to look. It is a tad odd....

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Its This one. Yeah, I had to look. It is a tad odd....

That's strange. I don't understand why he would want to edit Tripledouble's post there...M*rk should explain himself on that one. Not to hate, but that just seems unnecessary/weird.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Sayin

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    All I know is that this thread better get good. I'm bored.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    All I know is that this thread better get good. I'm bored.

Nat Bizzo still lives with his moms.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I gotta agree with my pink shirted brethren on this one. I thought he was an odd choice - and this has nothing to do with my personal taste - mainly from his ironfoot episode. He seems to lose his restraint sometimes which I think is a bad quality for someone in power. Raj, DCastillo, DJAnna... all consistently sane and levelheaded. At least the few times Raj has seemed a little off he's had valid personal reasons.

I know I'm not one to be mature all of the time, but I don't think, from reading what I have read, that he's mature enough to be a moderator.

I agree 100% with faux. For 99.9999% of the time, Soulstrut actually seems to police itself through public shaming - except for extenuating circumstances, I think the ability to speak freely is what makes a place great.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

I cant believe all of you are taking it so seriously,you guys know he's good peoples.

Not targetin' anyone per se, Mag, but you know even w/ good peoples: power corrupts absolutely -> even in a seemingly petty situation as a mod on a message board...

Just sayin'...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I thought he was an odd choice - and this has nothing to do with my personal taste - mainly from his ironfoot episode.

I thought that Ironfoot thing was a joke. Aren't him & Mango friends in the real world?

I hope m*rk chimes in on this thread to explain hisself.

Why are you all even bothering to put a "*" in his name? What name other than Mark could it be?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Why are you all even bothering to put a "*" in his name? What name other than Mark could it be?

Soulstrut in-club cliche.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm wired on coffee looking for trouble!!!!!!!! I need to use more smileyfaces!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

You're right; it's just habit. Its like when typing A*am. Everyone knows who that its, but I always do it...

h

You're right; it's just habit. Its like when typing A*am. Everyone knows who that its, but I always do it...

h

I'm just now realizeing it's one of those "raer" "pap" things. It's just Soulstrut mang!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

Murk Stevens? Mirk Doots? Mork Calling Orson, Come In Orson?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

SHOZBOT!

Or was that Shazbot?

Or Sh*zbot.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

SHOZBOT!

Or was that Shazbot?

Or Sh*zbot.

My vote's on Sh*zbot.

I rocked those suspenders when I was a kid.

h

My vote's on Sh*zbot.

h

Did you have the ones with the built in buttons or just the rainbow suspenders?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

My vote's on Sh*zbot.

h

Did you have the ones with the built in buttons or just the rainbow suspenders?

The one with the buttons...I'm gonna check ebay for this shit...

• FAGTILLOFAGTILLO 33 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Can anyone give details of that 2nd edit? What thread was that in?

yo, i dont really care that much, but it was a weird thing to notice the "edited by ..." on my post all of a sudden.i had to look for what really got edited. maybe m*rk just wants to be known as #1 dip cheerleader and nothing else
    for real though, latency should read fauxs initial post well regarding the proper times to "moderate". he's new at the whole thing, so we should chalk it up to learning on the job. no big deal since it was a harmless conversation, so check yourself m*rk and work it out.