How many pillows are on your bed? (tupr)

2»

Comments

• I was a one pillow guy.
    Then I was married. I don't remember how many we had.
    After she split I had trouble sleeping. So I grabbed two pillows and put my arm around them. I realized I was so accustomed to having my arm around her when I slept, I had to put my arm around someone, or something.
    Now I sleep with 6 pillows. I got one I put between the knees sometimes. I have two that I put under my head. Then two I put my arm around.
    My new girl bought me a new pillow. I didn't not realize how flat my old pillows got. It is not like one day you realize you need new pillows.
    Now that I am thinking about it, I should get one new pillow and get rid of the flattened ones.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    between the knees

supposed to be good for the spine? is this true?

good to change them every six months or so because they are CRAWLING WITH HORDES! ARMIES! THOUSANDS! of mites.

and WTF is a body pillow?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Three for me and three for the lady plus two larger pillows that are more like cushions. Most of these are more for watching TV etc in bed than for naptime. All but two pillows each are actually thrown out of the bed at sleep time though.

People who cover their whole beds in pillows give me strange flashbacks to being a child and regularly falling out of bed in the night because I'd filled up all sleeping space with cuddly toys.

• good to change them every six months or so because they are CRAWLING WITH HORDES! ARMIES! THOUSANDS! of mites.

They won't do you any harm really unless you're the 10% of people who are are allergic, it's mainly psychological.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    There are mad displays of masculine insecurity in this thread. Knowing a lot about bedding and decoration doesn't make you a fag, tough guy! Try to make your shit look nice. Women will appreciate some color and a sense of style in your house, plus you look stupid rocking those cumsoaked sheets you stole from mom's closet when you moved out. (See any "finds" thread for evidence of this.)

I seem to remember one faux_rills seeking the advice of soulstrut when he stepped his duvet game up.

what the hell are all these pillows for? so the babies don't fall off the bed? to build a fort? to impress your neighbour's great-aunt? to grab Martha Stewart's attention?

I see these beds with a gazillion pillows, most covered in baubles and sequins and shit that would cut your face open and I think what the hell are all these pillows for?

I happen to know a bit about this, as I work with bedding stylists quite often. Yea, that's right, Profession Bed Makers! Before you laugh, these folks make a grip styling beds (and yea, if you're wondering, it's mostly gay dude and chicks who love cats--no offense A********h).

Let me break it down for you:

(I actually worked on this shoot.)

In order from the headboard towards the foot of the bead:

Euro Shams: Big square pillows. Usually against the headboard. In sets of 2.

Standard: Normal pillows, used for sleeping. In sets of two. Often, if there are more than two, there will be a set of plain white pillows (for sleeping), and a pair with a flange or a decorative tie to the duvet cover (used for decorating, or propping of the head while watching the boob).

Decorative: These are smaller pillows, usually anywhere from 3 to 6 on the bed. They will complete the color palate, and usually tie in thematically with the patterns on the sheets, duvet, or throw(s).

Lumbar: Optional. Usually in the middle of the bed. Also know as a bolster. (This is the phallic shaped one for you dudes too scared to ask.)

I worked on a bedding video shoot with Martha Stewart once, and it was horrible. She takes this shit way too seriously. She yelled at the soft stylist (the person who folds towels and styles the curtains) for folding wrong.

At home I have 4 standards, 3 dec pillows, 1 throw and one of grandma's crocheted afghans. And I get mad sex (not just from gay dudes, either.)

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't like decorative pillows. They always wound up permanently on the floor because we don't need them when we sleep and there was nobody looking at the bed during the day, so why decorate it? Now they are out on the couch.

• 1 for her
    2 for me
    wall pillow

4 total

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    decorative pillows....insecure or not. No bueno. If somebody payed me to take pictures of them I would. Still not gonna have 15 of them on my bed. As far as getting laid, I can't see the amount of pillows on your bed being a deal breaker. Just saying, decorative bed pillows end up being decorative floor pillows. No thanks.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    decorative pillows....insecure or not. No bueno. If somebody payed me to take pictures of them I would. Still not gonna have 15 of them on my bed. As far as getting laid, I can't see the amount of pillows on your bed being a deal breaker. Just saying, decorative bed pillows end up being decorative floor pillows. No thanks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    no offense A********h).

lol - none taken, you can call me a gay dude any time.

What Up, E??

soft stylist

oh yes!
    --------------

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I seem to remember one faux_rills seeking the advice of soulstrut when he stepped his duvet game up.

In retrospect, this was the wrong place to ask.

b/w

I just copped some Marimekko print sheets earlier today.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    When i was 14 i put dogshit in my brothers pillowcase.

• Is a "wall" pillow something you put in between you and the person with whom you sleep?

King Size Tempurpedic + 6 pillows right here.

• When i was 14 i put dogshit in my brothers pillowcase.

my brothers best mate used to get their dog to hump & "finish" on his brothers pillows!!

Blaaaaaaaaaaaah!

• I just copped some Marimekko print sheets earlier today.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I just copped some Marimekko print sheets earlier today.

I had to google that....snazzy