favorite madonna jammy

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
like the sade post...you gotta pick just one. if you like a remix or extended version let it be known.for me it's Papa Don't Preachthat violin intro is the shit, and when it melts into main bassline that is pop perfection right there

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    like the sade post...you gotta pick just one. if you like a remix or extended version let it be known.

for me it's Papa Don't Preach

that violin intro is the shit

by Papa John Creach???

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Lucky Star

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Justify My Love with the PE Loopz for dayz

sexy controversy video

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    'physical attraction'

• I was into her early stuff...."Borderline"....but once she got in that "Papa Don't Preach" phase I tuned out.

• like a prayer. one of the 1st songs (current at the time songs) that i actually recalled liking.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I always liked "Cherish" - I have a soft spot for all those 80s songs that bite the 60s pop/motown style.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    "Angel" (don't mind the Extended Dance Mix either)
    "Into The Groove"
    "Like A Prayer"
    "I'd Rather Be Your Lover"
    "Human Nature"
    "Take A Bow"

I never liked much of what she has come out with after Bedtime Stories[/b].

Forced to pick one, maybe "Angel".

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Dear Jessie - under the radar pop hit style

Always reminds me of Prince's 'Starfish & Coffee'

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Everybody

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Cherish for sure

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    holiday and into the groove are fresh!

• not a fave but i recall thinking 'frozen' wasn't too shabby either....

• Options
    La Isla Bonita. We used to put that and "Fantasy" by Earth Wind and Fire on the jukebox if a bar happened to be overcrowded with dudes at the time.

• La Isla Bonita. We used to put that and "Fantasy" by Earth Wind and Fire on the jukebox if a bar happened to be overcrowded with dudes at the time.

Great trick- they also btmtch perfectly. I love 'Everybody' and all that stuff from when she was knockin fringed boots with Jellybean Benitez

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Y'all are sleeping on "Dress You Up" -- but "Holiday" slays them all.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    lucky star
    holiday
    into the groove

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Express Yourself. POUNDING.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    also the Bside of Holiday is quite lovely

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    jesus, we all like the exact same madonna songs...

my top 5 in no order

borderline
    holiday
    into the groove
    everybody
    burning up (you guys heard the OG demo of this? great stuff!)
    like a prayer (guilty pleasure, the rest fit in w/ a good leftfield disco set...)

• "holiday" all day, every day!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    All some good choices on some usual suspects shit. I'll say:

Vogue (Killing it on the Shep Pettibone production)
    Ray Of Light (don't front this record is BANGING)
    Live To Tell (Amazing songwriting)
    Human Nature (Yeah this record was killing it in NY at the time it came out.)

And there are so many remixes that are ill I can't even begin. PS - Like A Prayer is one of the best records to end the night with in the history of music.

• Into the groove and Burning Up are my jams!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'd add Material Girl and Beautiful Stranger to the ones already mentioned. I'm also impressed that this discussion hasn't devolved into Madonna's music is "for gays only." I have known a buncha asswipes that would say that shit.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Vogue (Killing it on the Shep Pettibone production)

I was going to say "Vogue," however I have never heard this remix. But I am a Pettibone fan and am comfortable assuming that it's that realness.

The intro to "Vogue" kills me.

Ray Of Light (don't front this record is BANGING)

Easily the best song of the latter half of her career. Took the trance sound that was so popular and made a beautiful pop tune. Kinda waiting for "Music" to become popular, might be a few years' away.

I was sorta hoping someone would say "Playground (This Used To Be My)," the theme song to A League of Their Own. No seriously though, I do rememeber Madonna looking rather thick (in a very good way) in some of the videos from that era. Suppose that is another topic for another day...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Beautiful Stranger is a great pop song. That's a William Orbit production I think, as is Ray Of Light. And Shep Pettibone did the album version of Vogue - a bunch of stuff around this time period actually.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• Everybody

word up...i was going to suggest this...the 12" dub version is even better for me.

just about anything off her 1st lp...that production cant be beat.

justify my love was cool...always had me heated cuz when i saw an interview of lenny kravitz short ass talmbout... "oh those drums... mmm yea i just had them laying around".
    puhhhleeeze.

jackin for beats.
    reminding me of when dallas austin stole the main source shit for madonna as well.
    thats 2x they got jacked for pop hits.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    'physical attraction'

w /Burning Up/ on the B side. The last minute of Burning Up is the touche of this song.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Greg Wilson says: " 'Dirty Talk' was a huge track for me on the Electro-Funk scene back in '82. I was the first DJ to start playing this in the black clubs as an import on Zanza and it soon became the biggest track at my nights at Legend in Manchester and Wigan Pier (it was also quite controversial, as the purists on the scene thought that this shouldn't be played). The Hacienda had only just opened and the DJ there, Hewan Clarke, picked up on it - it was as a result of hearing Hewan play it that New Order borrowed the record from him and used it as one of the templates for 'Blue Monday', which they were working on at the time." Essential classic.