Going to the bar alone

RerogRerog 569 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
So all my friends are either out of town or occupied with family matters and I'm getting a bit restless here at the house...I never really go out alone so this is newish for me, but am contemplating being that strange guy at the end of the bar by himself...Suggestions?

Comments

• I do that sometimes (though not on christmas) even though I don't drink. bring some herb (or somethin stronger) and make an adventure out of it

• do it!!
    We had 2 Betty's (literally) who both had friends cancel on them for our pre-paid 4course lunch yesterday(christmas day) so they were both on their lonesome.....one because her mate was getting his legs amputated (she herself had a tumor removed from her head last christmas).
    Anyway- they were both in their 60's or 70's and very sweet and we hooked them up and they ended up sitting and chatting long after meals were finished!!awwwwwwwwww.....
    you never know who you may meet....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Real men go dolo. No need for wingmen.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    OK...I'm sitting here watching fuc-king Dangerous Minds on VH1 so I got to get outta here...

Dive bar or better? I'm leaning towards a a particular dive I like, but food sounds good too and they dont have any.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    OK...I'm sitting here watching fuc-king Dangerous Minds on VH1 so I got to get outta here...

Dive bar or better? I'm leaning towards a a particular dive I like, but food sounds good too and they dont have any.

Louie's off of Ross ...they used to have decent pizza too.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I really dig Louies...I had pizza there a couple months ago and it was still good. That's pretty close to me too. I could get some pizza then go across the street to Barcadia and get a beer and play skee-ball...I think you just helped me plan my night. Thanks Rock!

I really dig Louies...I had pizza there a couple months ago and it was still good. That's pretty close to me too. I could get some pizza then go across the street to Barcadia and get a beer and play skee-ball...I think you just helped me plan my night. Thanks Rock!

I spent many nights at Louie's back in the day....Hitzges and Hansen used to hang out there.....Scott Murray too....and local musicians...was always a weird 1310 Ticket vibe there long before the Ticket existed.

• OK...I'm sitting here watching fuc-king Dangerous Minds on VH1 so I got to get outta here...

Your TV game is weak. There's a House marathon on right now.

• Lakewood Tavern still open?

Lakewood Tavern still open?

Yeah.....I never get over there...mainly because the old Lakewood Diner is gone.

• OK...I'm sitting here watching fuc-king Dangerous Minds on VH1 so I got to get outta here...

There's a Mythbusters marathon on Discovery, too.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Go to the movies. Kill 3 hours with the same cost as a couple brews.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Ended up being a good night...had a burger at Lakewood Landing alone and talked to the bartender who has great taste in soul music, then went to hang with a friend who was home alone watching his kid...played with his kids new toys and watched some of the aforementioned mythbusters marathon.

4 hours, 5 beers, 3 shots, and 1 burger later, here I am back at home...

Tomorrow will be fairly epic though as Brooklyn resident/former Dallas resident/Strut member/good good homie Clint Torez will be tearing shit up with the old crew...can't wait!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts

My TV game is usually pretty tight, but I was slippin last night.

I've heard good things about house but have never caught an episode...Is that something I can just drop in on or do I need to catch up first?