UFC 92

GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
This card is packedPredictions?I got these dudes:GriffinNogueiraSilva (even though I will be cheering/hoping Rampage can KO silva)

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ah geez... I didn't wanna post today. I'm trying to get shit done, mayne.

Nogueira, easily.

Griffin, probably, but I wanna see dude laid out cold with one of the right hooks Evans hems at folls. My heart is with Evans, my money is on Griffin.

I think right now Rampage, sans meltdown, is a better fighter than Wanderlei. But I have no idea where Rampage's mentals are. I'm gonna have to go with Wanderlei.

• I think right now Rampage, sans meltdown, is a better fighter than Wanderlei. But I have no idea where Rampage's mentals are. I'm gonna have to go with Wanderlei.

huge cosine, I want to see rampage slam the fusk out of silva though.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Predictions, I went 4 for 5 last UFC..

Forrest Griffin < Rashad Evans
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira > Frank Mir
    Wanderlei Silva < Quinton Jackson

Should be a good one, hopefully I can get away from the family long enough to check it out.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I think right now Rampage is a better fighter than Wanderlei.

Hell no. Wanderlei was quite possibly in the best condition of his life in that Keith Jardine fight. He's got some good momentum going into this fight. Besides, I think Rampage is overrated. He got his ass BEAT DOWN in 3 of the 3 fights against Chute Boxe Academy...He's lucky soccer kicks and stomps are not allowed in the octagon.

WAND BY WAY OF KO.

How's Rashad Evans' ground game? Is this where Griffin wants to take it if he's planning on winning?

By the way, Affliction on Jan. 24th features Fedor vs Arlovski. I hope Emelianenko chokes the shit out of that assclown.

blah

blah

Is this a tap-out?

blah

Is this a tap-out?

Kasparov -vs- Deep Blue. There is no winning.

• It's a pretty stacked card, tho I don't know why Okami vs. Lister is a prelim. I really want to see that fight, I'm callin Okami by TKO.

As much as I'd like to see Rashad get the victory I got Forrest taking this one. Shogun, Ortiz, and Rampage couldn't knock out Griffin so odds are that Evans won't either.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    By the way, Affliction on Jan. 24th features Fedor vs Arlovski. I hope Emelianenko chokes the shit out of that assclown.

Pffft...How is Arlovski even given a chance to fight Fedor, didn't he loss to Tim Sylvia twice? We all remember what Fedor did to him. Fedor will wipe the floor with this fool.

Sad to see Wanderlei lose like that, but props to Rampage cuz he was patient and didn't exchange punches like he did in previous matches. He also ducked Wand's hooks and countered perfectly.

Matt Hamel is pretty dope cuz he's not scared of anything.

Rashad Evans with the upset. Griffin is still a winner though.

Rodrigo Noguiera reminded me of his brother fighting against Sokoju and getting KO'd. Don't understand why Noguiera didn't take it to the ground cuz he's never knocked anybody out with his punches.....Please send in the Russian Last Emperor already.

Overall, I enjoyed it.

Actually, I was hating it when two of my favorite fighters got KO'd....but I tried to make the best of the situation...

• all 3 my dudes lost

• all 3 my dudes lost

I won't be watching this one again....

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Predictions, I went 4 for 5 last UFC..

Forrest Griffin < Rashad Evans
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira > Frank Mir
    Wanderlei Silva < Quinton Jackson

2-1 not bad.

Frank Mir owning Nogueira like that, damn that was an upset. He should've taken it to the ground.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Frank Mir owning Nogueira like that, damn that was an upset.

Anyone else think that looked fixed? It was like Frank was the only fighter in the cage.

b/w

I like Forrest as a person and a fighter, but IMO that just proved what the last fight had many people suspecting; he is not quite ready for that level of competition.

Also, who saw CB tap while in the guillotine? He was lucky that Lavigne didn't notice that.

Anyone else think that looked fixed?

What I am skeptical on, is why 75% of the time, the fights are just stand up. It almost seems like everyone's paid more if they knock somebody out, as opposed to submitting them.

Btw, Noguiera lost cuz he was taking Mir lightly. His defense was pathetic. Same deal with Gomi losing to Nick Diaz in Pride. Took him lightly and got his ass beat.

• All my predictions were wrong (except for the obvious ones). Noguiera doesnt seem like the guy to take his opponent lightly, but then again I can't think of any other reason he got beat like that. Wanderlei gettin KO'd really hurt, he was amazing in Pride but I guess all good things have to come to an end.

Can't wait for Okami/Silva..

• Btw, Noguiera lost cuz he was taking Mir lightly. His defense was pathetic. Same deal with Gomi losing to Nick Diaz in Pride. Took him lightly and got his ass beat.

no way. Nog has just been beaten on too much. He's getting (sadly) like an older ALI. He didn't look good in any of his past few fights except for the few seconds where he pulled out the win. I was wrong on most the fights last night but i wasn't surprised one bit by nog loosing. Plus i don't know why people act like this is a rocky type story. Mir is good.

Hell no. Wanderlei was quite possibly in the best condition of his life in that Keith Jardine fight. He's got some good momentum going into this fight. Besides, I think Rampage is overrated. He got his ass BEAT DOWN in 3 of the 3 fights against Chute Boxe Academy...He's lucky soccer kicks and stomps are not allowed in the octagon.

WAND BY WAY OF KO.

Your programmer needs to rewrite some of the fight prediction subroutines.

Cashless/Rampage vindicated.

What I am skeptical on, is why 75% of the time, the fights are just stand up. It almost seems like everyone's paid more if they knock somebody out, as opposed to submitting them.

Dude, the main fights were heavyweight/LHW bouts, ending in the first round. What ground game did you expect from Silva/Rampage? Especially the NEW[/b] Silva, the guy that only knows how to throw short, disengaged punches. What the hell were YOU watching?

Mir won, to my disbelief, because he was the better fighter. Period.

Griffin's legs were at 12 o'clock early, knees were locked straight and there was no bounce. He was standing straight up, throwing TIRED kicks and punches. His guard guard was unusually weak. He was done early, very early.

Rewatch the fights ya'll. The shit was plain as day.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Dude, the main fights were heavyweight/LHW bouts, ending in the first round. What ground game did you expect from Silva/Rampage? Especially the NEW[/b] Silva, the guy that only knows how to throw short, disengaged punches. What the hell were YOU watching?

Mir won, to my disbelief, because he was the better fighter. Period.

Griffin's legs were at 12 o'clock early, knees were locked straight and there was no bounce. He was standing straight up, throwing TIRED kicks and punches. His guard guard was unusually weak. He was done early, very early.

Rewatch the fights ya'll. The shit was plain as day.

Agreed. Forest wasn't looking bad in the first round with those leg kicks though.

UFC 94
    Georges St-Pierre Vs. BJ Penn!

WAND BY WAY OF KO.

Your programmer needs to rewrite some of the fight prediction subroutines.

Cashless/Rampage vindicated.

Okay, so he came with a fight plan and now he's 1-3 against Chute Boxe.

Good win for him though. I wanna see Rampage/Evans next.

• Frank Mir owning Nogueira like that, damn that was an upset.

Anyone else think that looked fixed? It was like Frank was the only fighter in the cage.

In 38 professional fights, this is the first time Big Nog has been stopped. I can't fathom how anyone would think he took a dive.

It really pains me to say this, but I think that he and Wanderlei are just about ready to hang 'em up. Two of my favorite fighters right there.

I didn't mean I actually believed it was fixed, just that it was an extremely one-sided display. I doubt that Noguiera would have loose enough morals to agree to something like that anyway.

Ultimately, I just hate Frank Mir and I'll now be rooting for Lesnar's revenge.

• It really pains me to say this, but I think that he and Wanderlei are just about ready to hang 'em up. Two of my favorite fighters right there.
    At least in wanderlei's case, there needs to be some kind of evolution in their game if they want to be contenders. it kinda seems like the sport is catching up to the guys who are wild strikers with no guard.. you have younger guys coming up that actually bother to keep their guard up and block punches with their hands instead of their face (sorry nog). i don't really get the rashad hate but dude is the future

I doubt that Noguiera would have lose enough morals to agree to something like that anyway.

Why would he have morals to begin with when the org he was fighting for suddenly got bought out, cherry picked for its best fighters, and decimated?

It really pains me to say this, but I think that he and Wanderlei are just about ready to hang 'em up. Two of my favorite fighters right there.
    At least in wanderlei's case, there needs to be some kind of evolution in their game if they want to be contenders. it kinda seems like the sport is catching up to the guys who are wild strikers with no guard.. you have younger guys coming up that actually bother to keep their guard up and block punches with their hands instead of their face (sorry nog). i don't really get the rashad hate but dude is the future

You're right. And it pains me that grapplers don't get the time of day cuz dumb ass promoters and even more retarded fans start booing when the fighters are trying to set their own pace and tactics.

Throw some motherfuckin' K-1 fighters up in that bitch. lol if it's just gonna be about striking. Allow head stomps if you're gonna allow dudes to wimp away from the ground game.