Gifts for guys?

13»

Comments

• But I did try to get him cognac before and he complained.

Who complains about a gift?
    I know where he's coming from, though--he didn't want a simple store bought thing, he wanted intellectual beauty encapsulated in a piece of art.

But my point being, people shouldn't expect other people to give them things, and they for damn sure shouldn't get disappointed if it's not something they absolutely love.
    I'd smash the bottle of cognac on the ground in front of her and take a picture of the glass and her and superimpose the image of her angry/sad face on the picture of the broken glass.
    very avant garde of you.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    But I did try to get him cognac before and he complained.

I know where he's coming from, though--he didn't want a simple store bought thing, he wanted intellectual beauty encapsulated in a piece of art.

But my point being, people shouldn't expect other people to give them things, and they for damn sure shouldn't get disappointed if it's not something they absolutely love.
    I'd smash the bottle of cognac on the ground in front of her and take a picture of the glass and her and superimpose the image of her angry/sad face on the picture of the broken glass.

Then tell her to have it framed and give it to you for Valentine's Day.

• But I did try to get him cognac before and he complained.

tee hhee. Well, if he isn't blown away by the shrinky dink record ornament set with pet hair and smudgy fingerprints, I'll pelt him with them and photograph the carnage / emotional fallout / tears, and post here accordingly. Of course.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Possibly, but no. I'd affix the picture to a Carlos Rossi jug filled with salt water and give it to her as a lifetime collection of tears.

Possibly, but no. I'd affix the picture to a Carlos Rossi jug filled with salt water and give it to her as a lifetime collection of tears.

I'm pretty sure Reynaldo wins at the internet today.

• I spoiled the shit out of my old bf, and loved every minute of it. I would get him all types of little things he loved, he was really into potato chips and chocolate so I would find the best chips and chocolate, then I would usually get him something as a joke like pineapple flavored blunts and a subscription to some weird embarrassing magazine like 'Milfcrazy', and then I would get him art supplies like really nice pens and imported inks and shit, and then I would get him something I knew he wanted like these
    http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/panasonic-rp-htx7pp-w-retro-style-monitor-headphones-white

and then I would probably buy him some records he had been searching for since childhood and a cashmere sweater.

I always made him something too like a drawing or a book of photos or a shirt or some home remedy with essential oils. Maddd shit you can get for a dude you just have to know him, what he's all about and be creative and heartfelt, just like you would with anyone you cared about. I do that for everyone in my life whom I love and it makes me feel good, but to each their own, spoiling is not for everybody.

• I'm pretty sure Reynaldo wins at the internet today.

Too true.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

I'm pretty sure Reynaldo wins at the internet today.

Too true.

He knows what he likes. That's for sure.

But he's obviously still only developing at baller status. I would never have to worry about this kind of uncomfortable interaction. Because people do not buy anything for me. Not because they don't want to, but because, they confess at some point, that they know I have everything I want and they are also sure I would not like anything they could buy.

• Reynaldo lays hands on Carlos Rossi?

Reynaldo lays hands on Carlos Rossi?

Yeah. That's where the kid's slipping back. He should have talked about how he'd hire a Russian to do all that shit.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    conclusion: booze, gift cards, knives

• I mean, I just want to know if he's swerving with the 40 Water up there in the north bay.

or drawers

• I spoiled the shit out of my old bf, and loved every minute of it. I would get him all types of little things he loved, he was really into potato chips and chocolate so I would find the best chips and chocolate, then I would usually get him something as a joke like pineapple flavored blunts and a subscription to some weird embarrassing magazine like 'Milfcrazy', and then I would get him art supplies like really nice pens and imported inks and shit, and then I would get him something I knew he wanted like these
    http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/panasonic-rp-htx7pp-w-retro-style-monitor-headphones-white

and then I would probably buy him some records he had been searching for since childhood and a cashmere sweater.

I always made him something too like a drawing or a book of photos or a shirt or some home remedy with essential oils. Maddd shit you can get for a dude you just have to know him, what he's all about and be creative and heartfelt, just like you would with anyone you cared about. I do that for everyone in my life whom I love and it makes me feel good, but to each their own, spoiling is not for everybody.

Underrated post. (she-is-a-keeper-R)

YOU MADE HIM A SHIRT?

• conclusion: booze, gift cards, knives

or drawers

or great sex/blowjob. seriously - the best present you can give a guy.

or drawers

This is part of a healthy relationship, not a gift. You might as well give the gift of your company and personality while you're at it.

• A special occasion for good sex? What part of the game is that?

• conclusion: booze, gift cards, knives

or drawers

I'm pretty sure the laydee (miss almond) said it was for a non-romantic interest or her bro.......don't think this would really, ahem, do........

I'm pretty sure the laydee (miss almond) said it was for a non-romantic interest or her bro.......don't think this would really, ahem, do........

"What did get in the Secret Santa pool?"
    "Harry Connick CD. You?"
    "Blowjob. Gotta say???didn't see that one coming."
    "Beats Harry Connick, though."
    "i guess. It was awkward, though, and I kind of like Harry Connick."

FIN

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

or drawers

LMHO - yup she did. Not counting the drawers, girlie mags and above average romp, I think most of our answers would be pretty different

For the record. I hate blowjobs.

For the record. I hate blowjobs have never had a great blowjob.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Isn't that logic kinda circular?

• I don't want to detract too much but since it is gift-related, I recently discovered that the karaoke place in Japantown has "Dick in a Box" on the machine with backup vocals on the track and everything

Fixed.

Depends on if you think your dislike for what you understand to be a standard blowjob necessarily precludes enjoying one from a master artist. I will further say I have found most to be disappointing myself, but have recently seen the light, having met the Jimi Hendrix of that shit.

• I don't want to detract too much but since it is gift-related, I recently discovered that the karaoke place in Japantown has "Dick in a Box" on the machine with backup vocals on the track and everything

That's awesome. I'll hold out for Ras Trent.

Fixed.

Depends on if you think your dislike for what you understand to be a standard blowjob necessarily precludes enjoying one from a master artist. I will further say I have found most to be disappointing myself, but have recently seen the light, having met the Jimi Hendrix of that shit.

The Jimi Hendrix of blowjobs? OK. I'm hoping for more of an April Lawton.

The Jimi Hendrix of blowjobs? OK. I'm hoping for more of an April Lawton.

• having met the Jimi Hendrix of that shit.

James Flames?

• For the record. I hate blowjobs have never had a great blowjob.

Fixed.

Depends on if you think your dislike for what you understand to be a standard blowjob necessarily precludes enjoying one from a master artist. I will further say I have found most to be disappointing myself[/b], but have recently seen the light, having met the Jimi Hendrix of that shit.

hence the extra-special aforementioned gift (a great[/b] blowjob)