Rep your local hesher experience

2»

Comments

• Arinell actually used to be a decent slice. I can't call it these days.

Arinell's remains the best slice in SF and the best slice in Berkeley. DEALETH.

I lived upstairs from Arinell's in Berkeley for 2-3 years. All I can say is the flavor on the pizza that you like so much might not actually be an ingredient of pizza.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz we've been subject more than once over the years to your complaining about Shied: the Berkeley years.....dirty white people with drug problems, etc. I have no doubt a pizza place actually run by dirty white people with drug problems is not a place you hold dear to your heart. plaese to drop knowledge on the hot pizza spots in Orinda/Walnutsack Creek/Lafayette.

• Arinell's is probably the closest thing to a good NY slice I can think of in SF. I do not like Cable Car at all.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Arinell's is probably the closest thing to a good NY slice I can think of in SF. I do not like Cable Car at all.

I can't even go back to my old spot in NY and get a good slice......now they have all this hyped-up fancy-assed BS pizza...I just want a slice.....cheese only ....GTFOOHWT "Grandma's white double thick" BS.....Sween..WTF happened to just a regular old Lonk Guyland slice of friggin pizza!!~?????

• Arinell's is probably the closest thing to a good NY slice I can think of in SF. I do not like Cable Car at all.

shitty-ass Cable Car is still in business for one reason and one reason only: it's open when the bars let out (while Arinell's closes long before then).

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Knowledge dropped indeed.

What is the etymology of such a term?

Hessian+Headbanger+Thrasher= Hessian. More or less.

Your "math" is a little off there, but I get what you're going for.

What's a hessian?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    What's a hessian?

• Arinell actually used to be a decent slice. I can't call it these days.

I lived upstairs from Arinell's in Berkeley for 2-3 years. All I can say is the flavor on the pizza that you like so much might not actually be an ingredient of pizza.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz we've been subject more than once over the years to your complaining about Shied: the Berkeley years.....dirty white people with drug problems, etc. I have no doubt a pizza place actually run by dirty white people with drug problems is not a place you hold dear to your heart. plaese to drop knowledge on the hot pizza spots in Orinda/Walnutsack Creek/Lafayette.

Skinpolini's Pizza is good but suffers from the soggy bottom you so dislike. I used to work at the one in Clayton as a teen. The only downside is that it's the only pizza I know of that doesn't taste better the next day. I think it's in large part because they don't use a lot of oil in their pizza. At least that's what I've been told.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    so they rock long hair and three-cornered hats?

I'm only getting more confused. Never mind, kids.

• What's a hessian?

high school pic of Matt Pike of High on Fire, and since he uses the word "hessian" a few times in his lyrics, its safe to say that this is an accurate representation of a modern day "hessian"

shitty-ass Cable Car is still in business for one reason and one reason only: it's open when the bars let out (while Arinell's closes long before then).

Never had their pizza but there's one in the same neighborhood that sells them in squares and displays them in their window. Surprisingly bland pizza.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    i was one.

well, my brother was one, so I tried to be one for awhile. I think.

they are disappointingly rare today, but come out of the woodwork in amazing numbers for Slayer shows, etc... Seattle has a pretty big metal scene, but even so: a real authentic hesher ass metalhead sighting makes me happy.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Arinell actually used to be a decent slice. I can't call it these days.

Talk about zzzzzzzzzz. There were great pizza spots on Shattuck...namely Pirro's and Salerno, both since closed. But if you want to ignore how disgustingly filthy the area where Arinell's makes their pizzas in is, go for it dude with your extra rat hair on your slice for no extra charge.

• Harvey, i actually checked Arinell's heath score last week and they were rated a 92/100. Not sure about the Berkeley spot though

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Harvey, i actually checked Arinell's heath score last week and they were rated a 92/100. Not sure about the Berkeley spot though

Never been to Arinell's in SF, but the Berkeley Arinell's...

• WHAT IS THIS PIZZA CRAP? Clearly you guys grew up far away from any real heshers or are too young to know so here's some clarification. While you were breastfeeding with Debbie Gibson on in the background this was occurring:

• B/w
    If you have some time watch this insanity. Hesher tragedy, who remembers this shit? NSFW maybe and definitely contains footage. Don't watch if you are suicidal: