Rep your local hesher experience

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Arinell's Pizza on Valencia Stb, 21b, 21- Grouchy heshers slapping your pizza on the counter like they hate your yuppie gutsb, 21- Always some stoner rock and metal playing too loudb, 21- signs like these up near the registerb, 21b, 21img src="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2144/2381871408_24cdff6f28_b.jpg"1b, 21b, 21img src="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2182/2399725808_e2c1dd29d6_o.jpg"1b, 21b, 21img src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/406840441_89ab18df99_b.jpg"1

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What's "no mooing"?b, 21is this SFspeak for smoking?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    That pizza looks pretty dry and ungood. Not many heshers in my hood. It's more of a hipster/college kid burg.

• wtf is a hesher? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game02vy9.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Arinell's Pizza on Valencia St
    b, 21
    b, 21- Grouchy heshers slapping your pizza on the counter like they hate your yuppie guts
    b, 21- Always some stoner rock and metal playing too loud
    b, 21- signs like these up near the register
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21that's awesome. Ross took me there once and I thought it wasn't what was really. I usually go to Truly Med for food or if i'm *ahem*out of sorts on teh late night I go to cable which is now like a "WINGS AND THANGS" or some shiet.

• Arinell actually used to be a decent slice. I can't call it these days.b, 21b, 21They sure do hire some shitbirds, though.

• and that "crackhead" drawing is very Al Jaffe

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    If I owned any establishment blue tooth's would be banned.b, 21b, 21But these Hesher's are minor leaguers compared to a local Dallas dude who owned "Vito's Pizza" in the late 80's. Vito was from NYC and talked more shit than anyone I've ever met.....loudly. The first time I stepped foot into Vito's he was harrassing a table of customers "You don't deserve to eat my pizza, go down tthe street to GD Pizza Hut if you're gonna eat with a fork". Constantly yelling at his diners telling them they were not worthy of his food. b, 21b, 21I let him know up front that I was from NY which automatically gave me a pass. But as a result everytime I walked in I became a part of his 'show"...."Hey Richie, look at these dumbass Texans, they wouldn't know good pizza if it bit them in the ass". Some of my co-workers refused to eat there because Vito was so over the top.b, 21b, 21The dude had no scruples about what he said and to who he said it......one night I went to pick up a pizza and as he was closing the box he was having a hard time because the box was cut wrong...he yelled out.... "I got this box from friggin Joe Lisanti, he should be BURIED in a box like this".b, 21b, 21One Friday night I call in an order and go to pick it up. As I walk in I see a very large black policeman standing next to the counter waiting for his order. When Vito sees me he starts in with "Hey Richie, you're gonna have to wait until I'm done with the friggin moulinyan"......Now I knew what he meant and I'm hoping to god that I'm the only one......my first reaction was to lay into Vito but I realized if I did, the meaning of what he was saying might become evident. b, 21b, 21At that point I decided to stop going to Vito's......about six months later I heard through a friend that Vito was gone....had moved out of the state although the restaurant was still there....still is some 20 years later.....I always assumed Vito had said the wrong thing to the wrong person and went to visit Jimmy Hoffa.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Hi Audrey img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 211986-87 I WAS the local hesher experience! I should post some pictures some time. We'll have a "Who was the most metal in 86-87" thread. LOL

• SF food thread #2,153?

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    why do crackheads always need huge amounts of ice anyways?

• Hi Audrey

1986-87 I WAS the local hesher experience! I should post some pictures some time. We'll have a "Who was the most metal in 86-87" thread. LOL

Hi C*******!

Are you sure 1986-87 wasn't your human trafficking period? I keed, I keed

I'm sure there are other strutters have some pics of their metal era days too. That would be a good thread!

• wtf is a hesher?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Knowledge dropped indeed. b, 21b, 21b, 21What is the etymology of such a term?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Arinell's Pizza on Valencia St

- Grouchy heshers slapping your pizza on the counter like they hate your yuppie guts
    - Always some stoner rock and metal playing too loud
    - signs like these up near the register

None of these drawings approximate the image of Eddie, so you're probably actually dealing with faux-heshers in this case.

• One Friday night I call in an order and go to pick it up. As I walk in I see a very large black policeman standing next to the counter waiting for his order. When Vito sees me he starts in with "Hey Richie, you're gonna have to wait until I'm done with the friggin moulinyan"......Now I knew what he meant and I'm hoping to god that I'm the only one......my first reaction was to lay into Vito but I realized if I did, the meaning of what he was saying might become evident.

At that point I decided to stop going to Vito's

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Hi Audrey

1986-87 I WAS the local hesher experience! I should post some pictures some time. We'll have a "Who was the most metal in 86-87" thread. LOL

Hi C*******!

Are you sure 1986-87 wasn't your human trafficking period?

DAMN A*****! You KNOW you are not supposed to talk about that!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    These are totally awesome.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    wait so no cell phone = no pizza? I'm confused!!

• wait so no cell phone = no pizza? I'm confused!!

heh, the message at the top is NO CELL PHONES[/b]

that lightning bolt line below acts as a page break, so the bottom half is

(picture of cell phone) = NO PIZZA[/b]

• You know i'd tell that foll to

• Al Jaffe

• teh god yo

• Arinell actually used to be a decent slice. I can't call it these days.

Arinell's remains the best slice in SF and the best slice in Berkeley. DEALETH.

They sure do hire some shitbirds, though.

for sure true.

Arinell actually used to be a decent slice. I can't call it these days.

I lived upstairs from Arinell's in Berkeley for 2-3 years. All I can say is the flavor on the pizza that you like so much might not actually be an ingredient of pizza.

• Eddie

So, Bluetooth = NO PIZZA FOR EDDIE ???

• Knowledge dropped indeed.

What is the etymology of such a term?

Hessian+Headbanger+Thrasher= Hessian. More or less.

Arinell's = card board pizza

Eddie

So, Bluetooth = NO PIZZA FOR EDDIE ???

LOL.

• the hesher around my hood worked at JnR Groceries and he would sell us beer and always talked to us about the "fresh pussy he was always getting." This was during junior high of course. He always gave us free sandwiches if we gave him weed or smoked him out.

Arinell's = card board pizza

if you mean that the crust is slightly crispy, then you're right. that's how it should be. F*ck a wet bottom slice (pasue).