Tell me about LA

13»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21um, dude. its 730. isnt it your mom's turn to use the computer?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Well after she's done driving thru traffic to SG to get some chinese food. She should be back in a couple hours.

• score! well dont forget to take her bra off your head before she comes back!!!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21score! well dont forget to take her bra off your head before she comes back!!!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21haha. u funny.

• Part of visiting LA is absorbing what life is like there so for that reason you gotta EXPERIENCE it.b, 21b, 21you are going to:b, 21b, 21- go for a hike in Franklin Canyon or up by the Griffith Park Observatory and get one of those incredible vistas of LA from the hills a la The Big Lebowski opening sequenceb, 21b, 21- go get some fast food from the places that invented that shit, IN AND OUT BURGER!! nuff saidb, 21b, 21- go get good tacos etc. everybody thinks they know some place, try a fewb, 21b, 21- go to a big old swap meet or flea mkt on the weekend, mexi families sellin shit, but also RECORDSb, 21b, 21- drive to the Pacific via Sunset Blvd, through Hollywood, Bev Hills, and up to Malibu and go for a walk on the beach at low tide, skip Santa Monica and all that promenade garbage unless you want to spend dough at Mall Stores but....b, 21b, 21- imo if you are gonna shop, other than for records, do it in fairfax and silverlake and la brea, slightly less of a mall vibeb, 21b, 21- go see a movie at the Arclight, google itb, 21b, 21- walk down Hollywood Boulevard for an hour or so just to see the stars and the land of hopes and dreams and the freaks and the Capitol records building and the Scientology building and the Chinese theatre, catch an action flick there if you like.b, 21b, 21- go out one night on the East side there are some cool nights going on, I'm sure someone on this board can point you in a direction for thatb, 21b, 21- get a cheap massage in Koreatown followed by bbq, okaaaaayb, 21b, 21- and if you really want to check out a show of LA trashyness just go to the strip on a wed thru sunday night and go to any one of those horrible clubs and you will be sure to get silicone poisoning

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yuichi:b, 21b, 21I lived in LA for almost the entire '80s plus the last two and a half. To put it another way, I I>came of age[/i] in Southern California. So don't try to pull my card - I was choking down '80s smog, watching the original Showtime, learning how to drive on the 10, and sat through an earthquake or two when you still growing peachfuzz in the land of the rising sun. b, 21b, 21Who's the transplant exactly? I>This is LA: half of everyone here are transplants from somewhere[/i]. b, 21b, 21For real - the great thing about LA's size is that I>your[/i] LA and my LA don't have to be the same. b, 21b, 21Shig:b, 21 SOCAL. in every way except the breadth of ethnic food."b, 21b, 21I think ethnic communities in So Cal run deeper and more interesting than they are in the Bay Area just from sheer critical mass. b, 21b, 21I'd also add: LA gets more first run movies than the Bay does. Not for nothing.b, 21b, 21Funny - I think LA is a more interesting place to live than visit. I think the Bay Area is equally enjoyed whether living or visiting (and equally $$$).