When to not approach a comedian....

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
So, was out at one of my locals tonight. b, 21Aussie comedians are rocking up in droves!! b, 21Our highest paid ones to our longest standing...not to mention one of our most famous models- megan gale (aka the supposed wonder woman).b, 21Out of all these peeps rocking up, i notice that a few are in one of my boys fave aussie films. b, 21Perfect opp- i see one of them standing just near me by his lonesome, thinking- perfect time to maybe have some dialect and see if i can get a pic for the fella. b, 21Cool guy, responds well, very surprised that i even recognised him from the flick- it wasn't too popular. b, 21In a split second i ask him what he and all the other comedians are doing there. b, 21It's a wake!!! b, 21Looking at his almost watering eyes, i was lost for words. Didn't know what to say! Was pretty cool that he kept tryna make conversation after this, but i just felt rotten. Without being pretty boozed, not a common thing for me to talk to strangers!! Best time ever to gain some faux confidence and talk to one....... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nagl2.gif" alt="" 21

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    This is the most specific piece of advice I have ever witnessed on this board.b, 21b, 21Do not approach a comedian when he is at a wake.b, 21b, 21Duly noted.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    LOLb, 21b, 21like it's gonna be too cool for anyone other than a comedian...

• yeah i know, but comedians are always easier to approach cos of the funny thing and there's always that expectation regardless that they are gonna be as hi-larious as they are on radio or stage or tv etc. b, 21Doode was at least super nice and i was surprised that he actually wanted to talk, but it just reinforced my knack for horrible timing. b, 21Harder to be polite at the end and tell them "it was nice meeting you......under the circumstances", "hope the rest of your night is good, i mean, gets better, i mean, is as good as it can be...." blaaaaaaaaaaaah, am superbad in those situations....b, 21b, 21b, 21on another note, can't believe i actually got home and on here and wrote about it......officially OH MY!!haha!!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    you should of tried to cheer him up with a joke. I told a comedian a joke once. Fusk it.

• yeah- don't know how well it would have gone down if i immediately followed news of his mates death with:b, 21b, 21"Sorry to hear that, so What does a blonde and the bermuda triangle have in common?"b, 21"They both swallow a lot of semen/seamen."b, 21b, 21orb, 21b, 21"What's the difference between a female and a male blonde?"b, 21"The female has a higher sperm count."b, 21Ba-dom-dom-chi!haha, oh they are bad....sorry to any blondes out there, they just the only ones i remember.......need some new ones fo sho!!b, 21b, 21btw what was the joke you told, and did you get a laugh?

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    i asked him if he knew how the employees go to the bathroom at dairy queen? How? how do I discribe this.... It was kind of a visual joke. I squatted and moved my ass around like I was making soft serve. He grinned and nodded his head. He could of thought I was a jerkoff but I don't care that joke is funny! I didn't think he would ever use it in his set but whatev...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Two blokes are re-visiting a brothel in Amsterdam with happy memories of the year before. One taps the other on the shoulder, points across the room, and says "There's the one I'd f*ck."b, 21b, 21Unfortunately Sammy Davis Jr., Peter Falk and the Cyclops out of Jason and the Argonauts all overhear him and give him a good kicking.