Why I hate live hip-hop bands...

13»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I am going to throw out a crazy concept here.
    b, 21
    b, 21If you hate something don't listen to it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21What does that have to do with excoriating it on a message board?

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I am going to throw out a crazy concept here.
    b, 21
    b, 21If you hate something don't listen to it.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21What does that have to do with excoriating it on a message board?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I really hate Crox. I believe a grown ass man in his 30s should not be wearing the same shoes as a 4 year old girl. I want to be the Crox Hunter just knocking people out their Crox. b, 21b, 21The thing is, I hate Crox and I don't wear Crox. If someone hates live bands in hip hop so much, don't listen to it. Don't go to the shows. Find something you dig and dig it.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    This is so unspeakably bad...b, 21girl in the audience made me cringe so hard, I'm afraid it left a knot in my colon.b, 21b, 21object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Come on man, three quarters of these motherfuckers up on this jawn are the same suspects that be on the same "waahhh waahhhhhh" curmudgeon shit all the time about everything. I mean REALLY - you expect these dudes to really be up on some other shit other than on some David Allen Grier "Hated it" shit? It's motherfucking Soulstrut - the home of people who do not DO but love to TALK. Not saying, just saying.b, 21b, 21By the way, hope all is well with you and your family.b, 21 Band IMO, but it's two different dynamics. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's bad. Kind of like all rap music. And there you have it...b, 21b, 21The funny thing is that before I opened this thread I was thinking of the time I saw Fishbone act as the backing band for Goodie Mobb and De La Soul back in 1996. Amazing show, so motherfucking tight from front to back.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I don't really know anything about hip hop but Fishbone.. isn't that some lame funk rock band from the 80s?b, 21b, 21From the very few shows out of this genre that I've seen, Jurassic 5 was really amazing and The Roots were a little boring, too much bad Rock but it was the horrible, horrible German crowd that made this the only concert out of hundreds I've seen that I've left halfway through.b, 21b, 21Oh and I almost forgot, I saw De La Soul once back in the late 80s and remember that it was really great. I think they played with 24-7 Spyz which weren't that good as far as I remember but that was a long time ago.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21By the way, hope all is well with you and your family.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Thanks Cosmo. b, 21b, 21It was a week ago tomorrow that we buried my Father. It has been hard times. My life has been series of extreme ups and downs. I have had to deal with multiple murders in my family. There has been a network mini-series with someone playing my Father taken from a book about some fucked up things that happened around my family. I could go on and on, but I pride myself in being able to survive it all. My fam is some resilient motherfuckers. Somehow I would always find my way back to the surf side of the wave. I have often said the lower the lows you experience, the higher the highs. My shrink calls it bi-polar but I call it life. b, 21I got some really amazing things starting to fall into place for next year. b, 212009 is going to be mine.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    All my best, man. Trust me I know all about the ills of bipolar disorder. Just hold your head.