I got laid off today.

13»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    BUMP.

After 6+ months of searching and sending out 90 resumes, I got a (really killer) job today.

Good luck to the rest of my unemployed Strutters. It's rough out there, but things are picking up.

Congrats, nice to hear some good news on the Job front coming out of the hard hit bay area !!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BUMP.

After 6+ months of searching and sending out 90 resumes, I got a (really killer) job today.

Good luck to the rest of my unemployed Strutters. It's rough out there, but things are picking up.
    congrats man!!!!!!!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    what?!? u got laid off? that sucks!!!

yeah!!! u got hired! congratulations!!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

congrats Rawss, best to your wife ed_powers..

Whoa!

Take THAT Prop 8!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    BUMP.

congrats !

Wife just got axed today....

Shit! So sorry to hear it, Ed. You already know to apply for unemployment TODAY, right? They get the checks to you much faster than you'd imagine. Don't know what line of work she's in, but I found Indeed.com to be a really helpful job search site.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Congrats homie.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Congrats man, and all the best, Ed Powers.

Tough times out there, but hoping things are turning a corner.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    congrats man

last month I was sweating getting fired because homeland security is f*cking retarded as shit, it's some on going bullshit that I'm currently still appealing but it should be resolved very soon in my favor. But yeah for a minute I was stressing on loosing a job over someone elses mistake.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    BUMP.

Congrats! I'm 3+ months and counting. Summertime is the greatest time to be unemployed tho.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Congratulations, R*ss!

And sorry to hear that, J. Hope things come around soon.

• Congrats Boss Employee Hogg!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    whoa that was in regards to the guy who got hired not the dude whose wife lost her job.
    i troll here but not that way.[/b]

Quoted for posterior.

b/w

Congrats, Ross! I read an article on the plane yesterday about a guy who sent out 300 resumes and only got 12 call backs and 2 interviews.
    Shit is no joke right now.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    It is tough, and you gotta be persistent...likes it's your JOB!!!

btw, made cupcakes for my employees because I accidently missed a shift...won their hearts back

• Options
    I'm going back to work after a 7 week lay off. The new job pays about 40% more than the old--but of far greater importance, I'll be doing the kind of work I've been dreaming about in the not-for-profit sector.

Bonus Beat: I also received a job offer (on the same day!!) from the arts org I've been volunteering with since losing my old job.

I hope some of my luck rubs off on all other 'strutters trying to get back in it. Good luck!