b, 21booing santa claus type mindbogglingness
    b, 21
    b, 21wow
    b, 21
    b, 21LOL
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21"dawgiee pleez" aside, this guy has a point. i poasted five pager becuase i thought it would be a nice red in the tooth battle of hatters and lovers. b, 21b, 21the fact that 90% of you are shitting on them tells me that: b, 21b, 211) you consider music a trend, and because people got excited about revisiting them 5-6 years before you, that means it's not worth your time b, 21b, 21or 2) you on some uber-nerd i only listen to os brazoes unreleased acetates type level b, 21b, 21or 3) you're on the fence on everything, unable to form an opinion, and a well timed BATMON/Cosmo/triplediplo rec would change your fair weather ass entirely

• Ok, so, everyone loves Os Mutantes...b, 21b, 21b, 21What I'm saying about the band is they did some GREAT things, but they also did some snores. Ok, yeah, context included, it is 'important,' but I agree that the Gilberto Gil S/T is a better album. I think they are a band with great MOMENTS, but don't think their albums as a whole hold up.b, 21b, 21Just because their not my favorite band, or because I don't think they're band is the BEST BRASILEROS OF ALL TIME doesn't mean I don't like their music. It DOES mean that I don't think they don't deserve some editing. And, yes, in an era known for excess, I know editing may seem uncool, but F*ck it- that is far from some Philly-battery-throwing-at-Santa-shit.b, 21b, 21Fools are so scared of criticism sometimes, DAMN.

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21soulstrut is the philly sportsfans of musictalk on the internet
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21wow
    b, 21
    b, 21LOL
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21"dawgiee pleez" aside, this guy has a point. i poasted five pager becuase i thought it would be a nice red in the tooth battle of hatters and lovers.
    b, 21
    b, 21the fact that 90% of you are shitting on them tells me that:
    b, 21
    b, 211) you consider music a trend
    WRONG/b1, and because people got excited about revisiting them 5-6 years before youWRONG/b1, that means it's not worth your timeWRONG/b1.b, 21b, 21or 2) you on some uber-nerd i only listen to os brazoes unreleased acetates type levelNOT MY PERSONAL FAVE EITHER[/b] b, 21b, 21or 3) you're on the fence on everythingWRONG/b1, unable to form an opinionWRONG/b1, and a well timed BATMON/Cosmo/triplediplo rec would change your fair weather ass entirelyWRONG/b1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    font class="post"1

• saba i made your banner from that shrine or colony or whatever that damn lead you poasted that i got $1K off of.b, 21b, 21btw sell me yr og os mutantes

• The next person who posts, 'Saba never posts about music!' should be forced to buy a $1,000 banner ad.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21soulstrut is the philly sportsfans of musictalk on the internet
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21wow
    b, 21
    b, 21LOL
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21"dawgiee pleez" aside, this guy has a point. i poasted five pager becuase i thought it would be a nice red in the tooth battle of hatters and lovers.
    b, 21
    b, 21the fact that 90% of you are shitting on them tells me that:
    b, 21
    b, 211) you consider music a trend, and because people got excited about revisiting them 5-6 years before you, that means it's not worth your time
    b, 21
    b, 21or 2) you on some uber-nerd i only listen to os brazoes unreleased acetates type level
    b, 21
    b, 21or 3) you're on the fence on everything, unable to form an opinion, and a well timed BATMON/Cosmo/triplediplo rec would change your fair weather ass entirely
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I don't know what the hell you're talking about - but if anyone construed my comment as haterating on Mutantes that wasn't my intention.b, 21b, 21I was simply saying that after listening to the comp CD a million times I was disappointed to hear that everything on the albums it drew from was not equally incredible.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    not fair!b, 21b, 21"dawgie pleez" is to that dawg; don't lump it in with the philly analogy...b, 21b, 21put that dawg back in there

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21not fair!
    b, 21
    b, 21"dawgie pleez" is to that dawg; don't lump it in with the philly analogy...
    b, 21
    b, 21put that dawg back in there
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Please ban this idiot

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21Please ban this idiot
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21 img src="http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v369/50/101/770563934/n770563934_965924_7661.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21comeon dawgie

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21saba i made your banner from that shrine or colony or whatever that damn lead you poasted that i got $1K off of.
    b, 21
    b, 21btw sell me yr og os mutantes
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21And what a wonderful banner it was. I don't have any Mutantes OG's. Thats was the reason behind this thread. I have the Tropicalia comp and theGilberto Gil LP so I was familiar with their sound, but I always put off picking up their first LP. Because contrary to MoogMan's opinion, I consider Os Mutantes closer to a rock band than a Tropicalia band because I just don't here the bossa/samba/whateveryouwanttocallit influence in their music as much as somebody like Gil and I'm not into Brazilian rock. I like some of the Mutantes songs "A Minha Menina" "Adeus Maria Fulo" "Bat Macumba" but I don't think the first LP is a $200 LP

• i must have been drunk last nigiht becuase i have no recollection of poasting to this threadb, 21b, 21also os mutantes has dropped many img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif" alt="" 21of: terds particularly that late period prog stuffb, 21b, 21wait i think everyone agrees now. this was a weird argument.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The Gilberto Gil S/T LP from 1968 is with them as the back-up band. And IMO thats a better tropicalia LP and a just plain better LP than any of the first three Mutantes LPs.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I can't comment which is better as they're both new to me. I found a link to the Gilberto gil though for anyone wants to check it out. I'm liking it so far. b, 21b, 21a href="http://rs268.rapidshare.com/files/101011596/Gilberto_Gil_-1969-_Gilberto_Gil__320_.zip" target="_blank"1http://rs268.rapidshare.com/files/101011596/Gilberto_Gil_-1969-_Gilberto_Gil__320_.zip/a1

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21The Gilberto Gil S/T LP from 1968 is with them as the back-up band. And IMO thats a better tropicalia LP and a just plain better LP than any of the first three Mutantes LPs.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21I can't comment which is better as they're both new to me. I found a link to the Gilberto gil though for anyone wants to check it out. I'm liking it so far.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    /a1
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I haven't clicked on it, but that looks like the 1969 LP, as opposed to the 1968 one. Those nutty Tropicalistas and their ubiquitous S/Ts.