SUGGEST A RECORD LABEL

Comments

• Nature Sounds.

Let me know if you want to contact them directly, my man runs the label.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    parkz, hopefully we will stay with penalty for europe. we mainly need a u.s. deal. stein. .

• yan, we'll see you at juicy beats on the 30th theres also more german dates peep. .
    www.myspace.com/uglyduckling
    peace, stein. . . .

darn, I leave berlin on the 31st of July

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Wasnt the last one on Emporor Norton?

I would try Nature sounds, Babygrand or BBE. I think. Oh hell what do I know.

Please tell me this album isnt about meat.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You know, the more I think about it, the more I bet Rap-A-Lot would actually put that shit out. Those dudes are crazy.... J-Prince man... I bet he would!! I'm dead serious, you should contact them. That would be so ILL to see UD put out by Rap-A-Lot....

Put it out on Bushwick Bill's label. Check this out:

I kind of thought his Slim Shady persona was kind of similar to your Chuckie. Why is he a sell out?[/b]
    Because he says it on his own fuckin??? records. He could say anything and it???ll sell. He???s taken black music and making more money than the average black artist. What Eminem is doing is what Elvis did to Little Richard, is what Eminem is doing to rap, personally. I don???t know how he feels personally about it, but when I look at the demographics and look at all this stuff going on, I mean D12 don???t even sell as much if he???s not on a song with them. And D12 is tight, they can hold they fuckin??? own. But he???s just a token white rapper basically, it???s what it boils down to. And that other kid that says I???ma make you speak Chinese, when he first did his interviews he said he wasn???t gonna lean on his ethnic background but I didn???t see why he shouldn???t. All I know is I don???t see Eminem really dealing with white issues basically. The only white issue he deals with is his mom. I???m sorry. He???s not dealing with blue collar crime. He???s dealing with black crimes and the average white man is not going to do a black crime. Because if he does get caught in a black crime he???s going under blue collar status. As talented as he is, I???d like to hear him rap about blue collar crimes.

What???s a blue collar crime?[/b]
    Blue collar crime is credit card scams, bank fraud, Enron, in short.

I???d like to hear a lot of people rap about shit like Enron.
    But your average black kid don???t grow up with his dad owning a multi-million dollar company. It???s like Vanilla Ice, he???s my homey but he???ll even tell you. Back in the day, they told him to say he was from Miami and he???s from Dallas. Saying he grew up with 2 Live Crew and he???s from Texas. The labels and the PR people will dictate what you say to people, or what your bio says is what people will interview you based on. I???d really like to hear about some white collar crime, that other kid, that Lee Iaccoca guy, that had the car that they used in Back 2 the Future?

John Delorean?[/b]
    Yeah, yeah him. A couple of them cars had coke in the tires and all that shit. That man didn???t do no major time, but that is a blue collar crime. Cuz think about it, when Ice T did that song ???Hustlers??? right, he was running through the airport and everything but he was moving CDs. But he had a white accountant doing everything for him. And no, ???Pusherman,??? he did a song ???Pusherman??? too. I???m that nigga in the alley shit? See? That???s what I???m trippin??? on. We deal with all of the issues of street drama. Drama of growing up poor, welfare, single family. I would just like to hear a white rapper come out there and talk about why they???re suicidal, why they???d tie a bag around their neck to masturbate and half the time hang themselves. You know what I???m saying? He ain???t talking about none of that, but he???ll talk about Michael Jackson. He???ll fuckin??? talk about George Harrison???s son falling out of the hotel window. You don???t remember that? On ???I am What Would I Say I Am,??? he said ???why they messing with my music when Harrison can???t stop his baby from falling out the balcony???? See he dealing with people emotional status. Only time I seen him rectify anything was with the gay community and Elton John had to justify his homophobic issues. Personally I give a fuck if a motherfucker is gay, that???s they???re fuckin??? business. I don???t like them personally but I don???t give a fuck what they do. As long as they don???t invite it to my kids, to me, to my environment, I???m cool.

• pasepase 89 Posts
    Counterflow

Hum Drums

Exceptional

counterflow is a shitty label, they don't pay their artists...

• Options
    How about Yorktown like all your other records.

K.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

• Please tell me this album isnt about meat.

Here here... the concept of meat doesn't bear repeated listening in comparison to the other album you guys put out

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Peanuts and Corn? Shaman?

naw, no meat references whatsoever. stein.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Bad Boy

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Stein, what's the name of the new album?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Maybe Popeye's will start up a label?

h

BANG FOR THE BUCK

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

BANG FOR THE BUCK

From the album name it'd seem Female Fun would be fitting but I would say put it out yourself.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    okay. we've just completed the new ugly duckling record. i need ideas on who to shop to. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!
    peace, stein. .

EPITAPH - they haven't underpromoted nor mishandled the Rhyme Sayers material they've released from what I can see...

Brett's previous DIY experience in Bad Religion parallels that of much independent hip-hop... And has enabled him to build Epitaph into a viable label w/ solid channels of distribution...

A good look from my vantage point...

Man, I wish I was in a good enough position to hook it up!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Spent all your scrilla on Puto?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Phill -

That's still one of my fave Profile Records releases - that King Sun full length...

My Zakia 12" of 'Hey Love' remains in the crates...

yeah me too! thanks for the inspirational visuals tho. .looks dope. stein. . .

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Yo Stein, are you only pressing a super-limited amount on vinyl again this time or going for a few more?

Otherwise we'll all be like:

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

BANG FOR THE BUCK

might I suggest a slightly more catchy title?

KNUCK IF YOU BUCK

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    EPITAPH - they haven't underpromoted nor mishandled the Rhyme Sayers material they've released from what I can see...

Brett's previous DIY experience in Bad Religion parallels that of much independent hip-hop... And has enabled him to build Epitaph into a viable label w/ solid channels of distribution...

A friend who engineers for some of the bands on Epitaph told me that Anti- (their offshoot label) is releasing more hip-hop records this year.

They're solid folks.

http://www.anti.com/home.php

Spent all your scrilla on Puto?

Yeah, that gawddam Puto... blew his $50,000 advance on god knows what, it sure wasn't on recording his album! Remember how "Stop Disrespecfellatin'" was only like 3 seconds long? Well, he gave me his "finished" album and it was like 11 songs, all of them 5 seconds or less. I haven't seen that muthaf***er since. You notice how he doesn't show up on Soulstrut much anymore, right? That's the reason why, the little batch is trying to duck me!
    It's a shame... it's always the talented ones who end up being the biggest headaches in this rap sh*t!

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

It's a shame... it's always the talented ones who end up being the biggest headaches in this music[/b] sh*t!

It's a shame... it's always the talented ones who end up being the biggest headaches in this music[/b] sh*t!

okay, i've emailed every label suggested and the only reply i got was from
    FEMALE FUN. any more suggestions would be appreciated. it would be sad for me if no more ugly duckling records came out. peace, stein. . .

Damn dude.... uh... Ninja Tune?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    okay, i've emailed every label suggested and the only reply i got was from
    FEMALE FUN. any more suggestions would be appreciated. it would be sad for me if no more ugly duckling records came out. peace, stein. . .

Einstein! I'm gonna investimagate and make this shit happen. DO NOT FRET.