Comments

• What is going on here? What was the original price of this?

• awesome.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol @ shooter ali in that threadb, 21b, 21 img src="http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/jusbidnis/gripper.gif"1

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I think it was around 2-240 maybe?? Unless I'm thinking of something else, Void pointed it out when it was posted.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    JP and Kala e-beef revealed.b, 21b, 21Ice grill all over NY for days.b, 21b, 21East coast heads plaese to file reports from the field.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21What is going on here? What was the original price of this? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21$150 if I recall. Maybe even lower. Definitely "below market" hence, I assume, the *ahem* "Buy-It-Now" "upgrade."

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21lol @ shooter ali in that threadb, 21b, 21 img src="http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/jusbidnis/gripper.gif"1 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21How the game is played, son!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I always thought that something fishy was going on in all those set sale lists with "SOLD", "SOLD", "SOLD".b, 21I mean, dudes were listing KISS records and a few hours later you got a "SOLD! Thank you very much".b, 21b, 21This is the first documented case of a FAKE SALE that I know of. b, 21b, 21FAKE SALE

Do you remember this type of transaction being known as 'Indian giving'?b, 21b, 21You don't hear it any more here due to the racist connections.b, 21How about in America?b, 21b, 21We still call it 'Welshing' though.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21We still call it 'Welshing' though. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/word3rp.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21That's, uh...Welshist?

Don't worry, there are plenty of folks who stand up for Welsh rights.b, 21b, 21

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Kala is not dumb enough to try to sell that record for $150. This has all appearances of some fake "hype up this record" BS. That record does show up on occasion. Do not front like it is East of Underground part two.b, 21b, 21Or, maybe dude is dumb enough to sell it for $150. I don't know which situation is more embarrassing.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I always thought that something fishy was going on in all those set sale lists with "SOLD", "SOLD", "SOLD".b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21It's actually kind of true. Every time I do a set sale, with reasonable but not dumb prices, the inbox is blasted in the first 5 minutes.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Kala is not dumb enough to try to sell that record for $150. This has all appearances of some fake "hype up this record" BS. That record does show up on occasion. Do not front like it is East of Underground part two.b, 21b, 21Or, maybe dude is dumb enough to sell it for $150. I don't know which situation is more embarrassing. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Hmm... it was about a month ago I think and a copy was on ebay. End selling price was around $450 or higher. There, now the the record has a POPSIKE price! img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/WHYMUSTICRY.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21We still call it 'Welshing' though. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/word3rp.gif" alt="" 21b, 21b, 21That's, uh...Welshist? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Ha! I call it "reneging".

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ok since a personal business issue has now been made public for no good reason......[thanks o'wang/paycheck!] i will chime in with the sausage rally that got nothing better to do in they life but to mind other folks businessb, 21b, 21in the interim of posting this in the classifieds i was ganked out of 300 dollars that was owed to me.b, 21b, 21This was the money i was planning on paying my health insurance bill with this monthb, 21b, 21i meekly apologized twice to JP via PM,but obviously that did not seem to sooth or relieve his intense malady of asshurtedness b, 21b, 21so instead of being cool about it and understanding that a man has to take care of his business he choose a different optionb, 21hence these bickering petty lame ass PUBLIC postsb, 21b, 21once again .....i apologize for not selling you the fucckking record waaaay under market valueb, 21b, 21BUT i am glad i didn't because now i will be able to pay my bills...a concern that is mine and not yours.b, 21b, 21as far as playing this out in public -the whole thing reeks of immature bullshitb, 21if i hadn't apologized[twice] or not admitted the mistake i would understand being put on public blast b, 21but that was not the caseb, 21i was humble,explained the situation in full detail but to no availb, 21b, 21 now i guess i will not be stopping bye to sell records at your shop anymore jonny,because i doubt you would buy them in a reactionary retortb, 21oh fuckking wellb, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21no one got my back except meb, 21is my health insurance bill more important than paycheck's rare record needs?b, 21b, 21i think sob, 21b, 21b, 21happy ...JOY...and LOVE img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/doggie.gif" alt="" 21

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ps b, 21b, 21does anyone really care?b, 21b, 21and if you do you have too much time on your hands

Didn't you contribute to the list of ebay douches recently? And how is your putting them on blast any different from Paycheck putting you on blast?

• Dudes I have been nothing but fair to Kala over the years. Bought records from him in my shop (even junk that would never sell in a million years) and never once cracked on him or called him out of his name on this site.b, 21b, 21The asking price was $175. I guess I should've paid paypal and had it shipped immediately, I offered to pay him cash and I guess that gave him time to rethink it.b, 21b, 21Maybe someone got in his ear about the "true" value. But more likely he got a bunch of frenzied, gripp-tastic PMs and started rethinking things.b, 21b, 21Gotta love the internet - picture me pulling a record out of a customer's hand mid-sale, saying "well I just got this here Con Ed bill and I'm real sorry but I'm going to have to sell that on eBay for $375 buy-it-now."

• Btw folks, it's up on ebay now. Go Gripp It!b, 21b, 21

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    not different from flea market dude unwilling to sell to reputable record dealer just because "if he wants this record it must be worth serious $$$"

• haha, true that.b, 21b, 21DJNevilleC played me this record two years ago. Long before Kala posted it here to try and obtain information on it. I didn't even know the value off top. Just a cool record. b, 21b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21I've never seen the record game played so badlyb, 21b, 21h, 21

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    A pustule-ridden case of seller's remorse!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21no one got my back except meb, 21is my health insurance bill more important than paycheck's rare record needs?b, 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Why is every third poast kala makes about health insurance?b, 21b, 21I think teh hillary may have a job for him.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    this thread makes me feel icky.b, 21b, 21i was going to post a img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poor.gif" alt="" 21 graemlin in referance to Kala's bills, but then i decided not to.b, 21b, 21i am impressed that he managed to type an entire post without once resorting to a CAPS-LOCK assault on PAYCHEKKK.b, 21b, 21im out.b, 21b, 21this shit is sad.

If you had stood your ground on the ban and made it a resigning issue, we could have been spared all this comedy angst.b, 21b, 21b, 21b/w why does he need med insurance with all those vitamins to hand?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Kala got "ganked" so he in turn had to "gank" someone else.b, 21b, 21IT'S THE AMERICAN WAYb, 21b, 21And for the record, Discovery Club is every bit as rare as East Of Underground.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    And now it has a home.