Rahm Emanuel

2»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Republicans in the cabinet?b, 21b, 21Chuck Rangel? Not SoD. Maybe Agriculture?b, 21b, 21Colin Powell? b, 21b, 21My other thought is with the Ds in control and Lieberman being called on the carpet will some R senators flip? b, 21Hagel?b, 21Snowe?b, 21Brownback?

• i like hagel. in some way i'd like him to pick him for some cabinet position.b, 21b, 21yeah i just said it i like a republican.b, 21b, 21thought he would have been a better pick for vp.b, 21b, 21not so big on brownback.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21i like hagel. in some way i'd like him to pick him for some cabinet position.b, 21b, 21yeah i just said it i like a republican.b, 21b, 21thought he would have been a better pick for vp.b, 21b, 21not so big on brownback. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21brownback:b, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21In a May 3, 2007 debate among the 10 candidates for the 2008 Republican Presidential nomination, Brownback was one of three who indicated that he did not believe in evolution.[32] b, 21b, 21h, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohmyer1.gif" alt="" 21

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I LOVE Robert Gibbs. Good dude.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    My only gripe with the guy:b, 21b, 21"In Congress, Emanuel has been a consistent and vocal pro-Israel hardliner, sometimes more so than President Bush. In June 2003, for example, he signed a letter criticizing Bush for being insufficiently supportive of Israel. "We were deeply dismayed to hear your criticism of Israel for fighting acts of terror," Emanuel, along with 33 other Democrats wrote to Bush. The letter said that Israel's policy of assassinating Palestinian political leaders "was clearly justified as an application of Israel's right to self-defense" ("Pelosi supports Israel's attacks on Hamas group," San Francisco Chronicle, 14 June 2003).b, 21b, 21In July 2006, Emanuel was one of several members who called for the cancellation of a speech to Congress by visiting Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki because al-Maliki had criticized Israel's bombing of Lebanon. Emanuel called the Lebanese and Palestinian governments "totalitarian entities with militias and terrorists acting as democracies" in a 19 July 2006 speech supporting a House resolution backing Israel's bombing of both countries that caused thousands of civilian victims."b, 21b, 21http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9939.shtmlb, 21b, 21And basically my whole thing is that b1I'd like to see the Obama administration take a more balanced position in the Arab-Israeli conflict[/b], so we probably won't be seeing that anytime soon.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21My only gripe with the guy:b, 21b, 21"In Congress, Emanuel has been a consistent and vocal pro-Israel hardliner, sometimes more so than President Bush. In June 2003, for example, he signed a letter criticizing Bush for being insufficiently supportive of Israel. "We were deeply dismayed to hear your criticism of Israel for fighting acts of terror," Emanuel, along with 33 other Democrats wrote to Bush. The letter said that Israel's policy of assassinating Palestinian political leaders "was clearly justified as an application of Israel's right to self-defense" ("Pelosi supports Israel's attacks on Hamas group," San Francisco Chronicle, 14 June 2003).b, 21b, 21In July 2006, Emanuel was one of several members who called for the cancellation of a speech to Congress by visiting Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki because al-Maliki had criticized Israel's bombing of Lebanon. Emanuel called the Lebanese and Palestinian governments "totalitarian entities with militias and terrorists acting as democracies" in a 19 July 2006 speech supporting a House resolution backing Israel's bombing of both countries that caused thousands of civilian victims."b, 21b, 21http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9939.shtmlb, 21b, 21And basically my whole thing is that b1I'd like to see the Obama administration take a more balanced position in the Arab-Israeli conflict[/b], so we probably won't be seeing that anytime soon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif" alt="" 21

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21My only gripe with the guy:b, 21b, 21"In Congress, Emanuel has been a consistent and vocal pro-Israel hardliner, sometimes more so than President Bush. In June 2003, for example, he signed a letter criticizing Bush for being insufficiently supportive of Israel. "We were deeply dismayed to hear your criticism of Israel for fighting acts of terror," Emanuel, along with 33 other Democrats wrote to Bush. The letter said that Israel's policy of assassinating Palestinian political leaders "was clearly justified as an application of Israel's right to self-defense" ("Pelosi supports Israel's attacks on Hamas group," San Francisco Chronicle, 14 June 2003).b, 21b, 21In July 2006, Emanuel was one of several members who called for the cancellation of a speech to Congress by visiting Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki because al-Maliki had criticized Israel's bombing of Lebanon. Emanuel called the Lebanese and Palestinian governments "totalitarian entities with militias and terrorists acting as democracies" in a 19 July 2006 speech supporting a House resolution backing Israel's bombing of both countries that caused thousands of civilian victims."b, 21b, 21http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9939.shtmlb, 21b, 21And basically my whole thing is that b1I'd like to see the Obama administration take a more balanced position in the Arab-Israeli conflict[/b], so we probably won't be seeing that anytime soon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif" alt="" 21 b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Honestly, I'm not trying to open up a can of worms here. Carry on...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21He grew up privileged, a son of doctor, in a very affluent-elitist-white suburb of Chicago --Wilmette which is reputed for "cake eaters". Dude is a weasel. Well most politicians are so that is no surprise. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I am checking but his dad apparently was in Irgun and Rahm served in both the first Gulf War and I think the IDF, Israel Defense Forces. I love this look for no other reason that it will drive the buffoons of the net-left like Juan Cole bonkers. Take that Palestinian Studies professors. Obama's chief of staff is a former Israeli soldier. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21So does this mean Obama's election will NOT mean the death of Israel? b, 21b, 21Has Joe the Plumber been consulted yet? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21haha dude this election was so crazy. JOE THE PLUMBER? glad that is behind us.b, 21b, 21on a serious tip, Israel's security will not be determined by the White House chief of staff. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21You sound disconnected from election season gaffes. b, 21b, 21At some rally where JTP was at, some moron said, "Don't you think if Obama is elected, that will mean the death of Israel?" upon which, JTP replied, "I'm going to say...yes to that."b, 21b, 21I swear to god, you just wanted to take a leaden pipe to dude's melon.

• - I read recently that Emmanuel advocates dismantling controversial settlementsb, 21b, 21- The wh chief of staff doesn't set Israeli-Palestinian policy. When's the last time you saw Andrew Card negotiating a ceasefire?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21b, 21And basically my whole thing is that b1I'd like to see the Obama administration take a more balanced position in: ______________[/b]b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Israel Palestine included.

• This dude is a money player. I'm interested to see Obama's plan. I have a feeling this administration is going to be a spicy meatball.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 I have a feeling this administration is going to be a spicy meatball. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21TOTALLY! AND THIS JUST IN:b, 21b, 21THE SKY IS BLUE!

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21My only gripe with the guy:b, 21b, 21"In Congress, Emanuel has been a consistent and vocal pro-Israel hardliner, sometimes more so than President Bush. In June 2003, for example, he signed a letter criticizing Bush for being insufficiently supportive of Israel. "We were deeply dismayed to hear your criticism of Israel for fighting acts of terror," Emanuel, along with 33 other Democrats wrote to Bush. The letter said that Israel's policy of assassinating Palestinian political leaders "was clearly justified as an application of Israel's right to self-defense" ("Pelosi supports Israel's attacks on Hamas group," San Francisco Chronicle, 14 June 2003).b, 21b, 21In July 2006, Emanuel was one of several members who called for the cancellation of a speech to Congress by visiting Iraqi prime minister Nouri al-Maliki because al-Maliki had criticized Israel's bombing of Lebanon. Emanuel called the Lebanese and Palestinian governments "totalitarian entities with militias and terrorists acting as democracies" in a 19 July 2006 speech supporting a House resolution backing Israel's bombing of both countries that caused thousands of civilian victims."b, 21b, 21http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9939.shtmlb, 21b, 21And basically my whole thing is that I'd like to see the Obama administration take a more balanced position in the Arab-Israeli conflict[/b], so we probably won't be seeing that anytime soon. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21the US is pretty much the only country in the world that recognizes Israel's right to bomb a country that attacked it (as Lebanon did in your example). were it not for the US's support of Israel, the world would long ago have acquiesced to its dismantling and seen a majority of the world's Jews become refugees for a 2nd time in the 20th century. There's your "balance" right there.b, 21b, 21I have no problem with Emanuel's position on this issue. That said, as Chief of Staff he will have basically zero to do with formulating Obama's foreign policy.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21 I have a feeling this administration is going to be a spicy meatball. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21b, 21TOTALLY! AND THIS JUST IN:b, 21b, 21THE SKY IS BLUE! b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21Where do you live? Around here the sky is brown. b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/game02vy9.gif" alt="" 21

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21/font1Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21He grew up privileged, a son of doctor, in a very affluent-elitist-white suburb of Chicago --Wilmette which is reputed for "cake eaters". Dude is a weasel. Well most politicians are so that is no surprise. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I am checking but his dad apparently was in Irgun and Rahm served in both the first Gulf War and I think the IDF, Israel Defense Forces. I love this look for no other reason that it will drive the buffoons of the net-left like Juan Cole bonkers. Take that Palestinian Studies professors. Obama's chief of staff is a former Israeli soldier. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21So does this mean Obama's election will NOT mean the death of Israel? b, 21b, 21Has Joe the Plumber been consulted yet? b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21haha dude this election was so crazy. JOE THE PLUMBER? glad that is behind us.b, 21b, 21on a serious tip, Israel's security will not be determined by the White House chief of staff. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21You sound disconnected from election season gaffes. b, 21b, 21At some rally where JTP was at, some moron said, "Don't you think if Obama is elected, that will mean the death of Israel?" upon which, JTP replied, "I'm going to say...yes to that."b, 21b, 21I swear to god, you just wanted to take a leaden pipe to dude's melon. b, 21b, 21h, 21b, 21b, 21oh no, I saw that ridiculous exchange when it happened. and like I said, I'm glad these shenanigans are behind us.

• Lol. Oh god, I just 'membered asking while being faded at Baghdad "yo in a nutshell......explain Israel vs Palestine"

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21- I read recently that Emmanuel advocates dismantling controversial settlementsb, 21b, 21- The wh chief of staff doesn't set Israeli-Palestinian policy. When's the last time you saw Andrew Card negotiating a ceasefire? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21That's what I'm saying. Dude is certainly pro-Israel, but the one thing we know is that Obama will be the one undisputedly in charge and have independent judgment.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Lol. Oh god, I just 'membered asking while being faded at Baghdad "yo in a nutshell......explain Israel vs Palestine" b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21hahaha.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21spicy meatballb, 21b, 21h, 21

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21- I read recently that Emmanuel advocates dismantling controversial settlementsb, 21b, 21- The wh chief of staff doesn't set Israeli-Palestinian policy. When's the last time you saw Andrew Card negotiating a ceasefire? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Dude, you don't get it - I was making a joke about how some redneck idiots think Obama is bad for Israel (though they don't explain why), then Joe the Plumber co-signs it (even though he has no clue what's up). My point isn't that Rohm will have shit to do with US/Israeli policy...I was just saying that one could [i]humorously/I> reply to those numbnuts that Obama's first executive decision was to appoint the son of an Israeli resistance fighter as his chief of staff. b, 21b, 21Jesus! Or...um...Abraham! People thought I was being serious?