corrupt palin

the_spacethe_space 74 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
game the fusk over. first mccain supporters boo mccain after he says that obama wasn't arab and was a decent guy, then palin's trooper gate schitt finally comes to light. OOFTAb,121b,121a href="http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=1&oref=slogin" target="_blank"1http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Palin-Troopergate.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Comments

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121A legislative committee investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has found she unlawfully abused her authority
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121"I like your style lil' lady!"b,121b,121img src="http://img.nytstore.com/IMAGES/NSAP465_SMALL.JPG"1

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121game the fusk over. first mccain supporters boo mccain after he says that obama wasn't arab and was a decent guy, then palin's trooper gate schitt finally comes to light. OOFTA
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121"What goes around come around, and it stinks when it come back, baby!"b,121b,121object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="335" height="28" id="divplaylist"1embed src="http://www.divshare.com/flash/playlist?myId=5559999-b33" width="335" height="28" name="divplaylist" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"1/embed1/object1

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The terrorist in the Alaska State Legislature are attacking her unfairly because she is a woman and they are sexist.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121game the fusk over. first mccain supporters boo mccain after he says that obama wasn't arab and was a decent guy, then palin's trooper gate schitt finally comes to light. OOFTA
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I really don't think that's going to sway anyone unfortunately. The people that like Palin already drank the kool-aid and the rest of us already know she's evil and stupid.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I don't see why Alaska didn't accept McCain's report, admonishing Palin and released a day earlier. McCain is a maverick, and he is not opposed to going after people in his own party, even folks on his own presidential ticket. If Palin did something wrong, I am sure McCain would act appropriate.

• this shit is hella mavericky

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    *overheard by fly on the wall in SNL writer's roomb,121b,121"this is going to be challenging, we don't have footage of this to mimic her abusing her power"b,121b,121"...good point good point, that skit would be a difficult one..."b,121b,121"um...how about we just tell the audience to yell at tina "kill him! treason! kill him"b,121b,121"beep beep ribby ribby!"

• "After hearing on the Obama Infomercial Network (MSNBC) that a bipartisan legislative committee in Alaska found Sarah Palin guilty of abuse of power, I thought I would check it out for myself. I have some expertise in this area of unlawful behavior by government officials concerning public employees.b,121b,121Well, as far as I can tell, and this is breaking fast, there is no legislative finding whatsoever! In fact, the report itself recommends only some legislative changes and no penalties or sanctions that I can find.b,121b,121There is a report by a lawyer named Stephen Branchflower. A committee voted to release the report but took no further action.b,121b,121The gulf between what the MSM is saying about this and what actually happened is huge. It makes you wonder what else they are fibbing about.b,121b,121Update: The legislature doesn't appear to have any jurisdiction over the ethics code. The Attorney General and Personnel Board do have such jurisdiction. There is a bar on acting on complaints against a governor who is running for re-election.b,121b,121The legislature can impeach but that must start in the Senate. The group that commissioned this report is made up of state senators and house members.b,121b,121If I was Palin's lawyer, I'd be thinking due process violations. I can say with near certainty that no competent body has found any violations by Palin.b,121b,121Again, my primary concern here is to warn readers to be very skeptical in these troubled times about what the MSM is trying to sell them.b,121b,121Update: This AP story gets it right but with a misleading headline."b,121b,121a href="http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/023452.html#more" target="_blank"1link/a1

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121If I was Palin's lawyer,
    I'd be happy she's coming back to Alaska in a month to stay./b1b,121b,121b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"After hearing on the Obama Infomercial Network (MSNBC) that a bipartisan legislative committee in Alaska found Sarah Palin guilty of abuse of power, I thought I would check it out for myself. I have some expertise in this area of unlawful behavior by government officials concerning public employees.
    b,121
    b,121Well, as far as I can tell, and this is breaking fast, there is no legislative finding whatsoever! In fact, the report itself recommends only some legislative changes and no penalties or sanctions that I can find.
    b,121
    b,121There is a report by a lawyer named Stephen Branchflower. A committee voted to release the report but took no further action.
    b,121
    b,121The gulf between what the MSM is saying about this and what actually happened is huge. It makes you wonder what else they are fibbing about.
    b,121
    b,121Update: The legislature doesn't appear to have any jurisdiction over the ethics code. The Attorney General and Personnel Board do have such jurisdiction. There is a bar on acting on complaints against a governor who is running for re-election.
    b,121
    b,121The legislature can impeach but that must start in the Senate. The group that commissioned this report is made up of state senators and house members.
    b,121
    b,121If I was Palin's lawyer, I'd be thinking due process violations. I can say with near certainty that no competent body has found any violations by Palin.
    b,121
    b,121Again, my primary concern here is to warn readers to be very skeptical in these troubled times about what the MSM is trying to sell them.
    b,121
    b,121Update: This AP story gets it right but with a misleading headline."
    b,121
    b,121
    /a1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121LOL at skirting the issue. SHE VIOLATED ETHICS RULES. DEAL.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    has McCain commented on this at all?b,121b,121"when I said I'd root out corruption, I didn't mean on my ticket!"

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121has McCain commented on this at all?
    b,121
    b,121"when I said I'd root out corruption, I didn't mean on my ticket!"
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I haven't heard any comment, but it was painful to watch Grandpa McCain having to try and do his 'straight Talk' routine with what amounted to a conference of remedial adults of rural Minnesota yesterday. Jesus, Sarah Palin looks like Stephen Hawking compared to some of these folks (my people, by the way, hello Lakeville!). They might as well have come out and said, "If a guy like this gets into office, hell, even if he's ALLOWED to run, this negatively impacts my ability to be openly racist in my personal, political, and professional life! That is just not fair!". No wonder even McCain looked like he was thinking, "what have I unloosed here?'!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121The terrorist in the Alaska State Legislature are attacking her unfairly because she is a woman and they are sexist.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Also: Liberal media bias!

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121The terrorist in the Alaska State Legislature are attacking her unfairly because she is a woman and they are sexist.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Also: Liberal media bias!
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Also: she might have done some shit!

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Correct. The media by and large have completely misreported what has happened. The alaskan legislature has not found palin guilty of anything. All they have done is vote to release a report delivered to them by a lawyer hired by Hollis french(the guy who promised an "october surprise" for the McCain ticket before a single witness had even been interviewed)b,121b,121To assess the general quality of the report needs only a cursory look. I quote from the report below:b,121b,121"...it is noteworthy than in almost every contact with subordinate employees, Mr. Palin's comments were couched in terms of his desire to see trooper wooten fired for reasons that had nothing to do with fear. His comments were always couched in terms that he was a bad trooper..."b,121b,121In the very next paragraph he relies on this to concludeb,121b,121"that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the palin's real motivation: to get Tropper Wooten fired for personal family related reasons."b,121b,121Let that marinade in the think box for a while. He accepts todd palins complaints about wooten's poor professional conduct as his true motivation in order to dismiss the idea that the palin's were motivated by their fear of Wooten, and then immediately discards that motive in order to posit that they were actually motivated by "personal family related reasons". Something is either true or it isn't. You cannot simultaneously accept something as true to disprove one thing and reject it as false to prove another.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Correct. The media by and large have completely misreported what has happened. The alaskan legislature has not found palin guilty of anything. All they have done is vote to release a report delivered to them by a lawyer hired by Hollis french(the guy who promised an "october surprise" for the McCain ticket before a single witness had even been interviewed)
    b,121
    b,121To assess the general quality of the report needs only a cursory look. I quote from the report below:
    b,121
    b,121"...it is noteworthy than in almost every contact with subordinate employees, Mr. Palin's comments were couched in terms of his desire to see trooper wooten fired for reasons that had nothing to do with fear. His comments were always couched in terms that he was a bad trooper..."
    b,121
    b,121In the very next paragraph he relies on this to conclude
    b,121
    b,121"that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the palin's real motivation: to get Tropper Wooten fired for personal family related reasons."
    b,121
    b,121Let that marinade in the think box for a while. He accepts todd palins complaints about wooten's poor professional conduct as his true motivation in order to dismiss the idea that the palin's were motivated by their fear of Wooten, and then immediately discards that motive in order to posit that they were actually motivated by "personal family related reasons". Something is either true or it isn't. You cannot simultaneously accept something as true to disprove one thing and reject it as false to prove another.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I think you've misread this, and quoted selectively in an attempt to make a point that isn't there.b,121b,121He doesn't accept the fact that Todd Palin's concerns about Wooten's poor professional conduct was the true motivation in seeking to get him fired. He is pointing out that while on the one hand the Palin's stated that they feared Wooten, on the other hand their actions (in this case Todd Palin's contact with subordinate employees) suggest this was not the case.b,121b,121Try reading these three paragraphs again:b,121b,121"Governor Palin has stated publicly that she and her family feared Trooper Wooten. Yet the evidence presented has been inconsistent with such claims of fear. The testimony from Trooper Wheeler, who was part of her security detail from the start, was that shortly after elected to office, she ordered a substantial reduction in manpoer in her personal protection detail in both Anchorage and Juneau, an act that is inconsistent with a desire to avoid harm from Trooper Wooten or others. Moreover, assumiung that Trooper Wooten was ever inclined to attack Governor Palin or a family member, logic dictates that getting him fired would accomplish nothing to eliminate the potential for harm to her or her family. On the contrary, it might just precipitate some retaliatory conduct on his part. Causing Wooten to loose his job would not have a de-escalated the situation, or provided her or her family with greater security.b,121b,121"Finally, it is noteworthy that in almost every contact with subordinate employees, Mr. Palin's comments were couched in terms of his desire to see Trooper Wooten fired for reasons that had nothing to do with fear. His comments were always couched in terms that he was a bad Trooper, that he was not a good recruiting image for AST, that his discipline amounted to nothing more than a slap on the wrist, that nothing had happened to him following the administrative investigation, and so forth. According to interview notes form the Attorney General who interviewed former Chief of Staff Mike Tibbles, Mr. Palin even sought to obtain information about Trooper Wooten that was confidential by law ['Todd Palin asked for Wooten's file,' 'wanted Grimed report,' 'refuses to give it him']. The words selected by Mr. Palin, and his actions, give insight into his motivation and that of his wife, Governor Palin.b,121b,121"I conclude that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the Palins' real motivation: to get Trooper Wooten fired for personal family related reasons."

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    No brotherly (or sisterly) love for Palin in Philly:b,121b,121http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/11/192018/03/127/607040b,121b,121 b,121b,121b,121

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121No brotherly (or sisterly) love for Palin in Philly:
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Even the excessively loud music couldn't drown out the booing. Delicious.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Even the excessively loud music couldn't drown out the booing. Delicious.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121And even putting her youngest daughter in a Flyers jersey couldn't protect her from inevitable booing. Using children as heckle shields is wrong.

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121And even putting her youngest daughter in a Flyers jersey couldn't protect her from inevitable booing. Using children as heckle shields is wrong.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Not simply wrong, [i]dangerously/i1 wrong at best, unpatriotic and anti-life at it's worst. Tsk tsk, Governor Palin, we expect better.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As much as I'm feeling this, they would boo the Pope and Dalai Lama b,121tossing $100 bills into the crowd in Philadelphia. Fact.

• /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121As much as I'm feeling this, they would boo the Pope and Dalai Lama
    b,121tossing $100 bills into the crowd in Philadelphia. Fact.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121I suspect the Pope and the Dalai Lama would both be too smart to show up at a Flyers game.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Correct. The media by and large have completely misreported what has happened. The alaskan legislature has not found palin guilty of anything. All they have done is vote to release a report delivered to them by a lawyer hired by Hollis french(the guy who promised an "october surprise" for the McCain ticket before a single witness had even been interviewed)
    b,121
    b,121To assess the general quality of the report needs only a cursory look. I quote from the report below:
    b,121
    b,121"...it is noteworthy than in almost every contact with subordinate employees, Mr. Palin's comments were couched in terms of his desire to see trooper wooten fired for reasons that had nothing to do with fear. His comments were always couched in terms that he was a bad trooper..."
    b,121
    b,121In the very next paragraph he relies on this to conclude
    b,121
    b,121"that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the palin's real motivation: to get Tropper Wooten fired for personal family related reasons."
    b,121
    b,121Let that marinade in the think box for a while. He accepts todd palins complaints about wooten's poor professional conduct as his true motivation in order to dismiss the idea that the palin's were motivated by their fear of Wooten, and then immediately discards that motive in order to posit that they were actually motivated by "personal family related reasons". Something is either true or it isn't. You cannot simultaneously accept something as true to disprove one thing and reject it as false to prove another.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I was being parodic in my post. Were you?

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121True, but let me enjoy the moment at least. I am surprised peopel didn't start throwing change and cups....probably worried about the Secret Service. I smile inside at Palin taking to the ice like the goons in 'Slap Shot', as the crowd registers their displeasure!b,121b,121I did enjoy the cluster of THUMBS DOWN gestures right behind her as they were on the ice. That made me laugh.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Even so, you gotta love the Obama/Biden signs that are in plain view in that youtube preview still.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/11/192018/03/127/607040b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121And even putting her youngest daughter in a Flyers jersey couldn't protect her from inevitable booing. Using children as heckle shields is wrong.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Not simply wrong,
    dangerously wrong at best, unpatriotic and anti-life at it's worst. Tsk tsk, Governor Palin, we expect better. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121 /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"I've been warned that Flyers fans, they get so enthused, that they boo everybody at the drop of the puck," Palin said at a Saturday fundraiser. "But what I thought I'd do is I'd put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!"
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1

/font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/10/11/192018/03/127/607040b,121b,121object width="425" height="344"1param name="movie" value=""1/param1param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"1/param1embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"1/embed1/object1b,121b,121b,121 b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121Not simply wrong,
    dangerously wrong at best, unpatriotic and anti-life at it's worst. Tsk tsk, Governor Palin, we expect better. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121"I've been warned that Flyers fans, they get so enthused, that they boo everybody at the drop of the puck," Palin said at a Saturday fundraiser. "But what I thought I'd do is I'd put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!"
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121I truly admire her otherworldly powers of self-deception and denial. If she can come up with a way to make lying about everything reflective of Executive Experience, I just might have to switch my vote on general principle.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    b,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121Gov. Palin couldn't even drop the puck by herself. Wow.

• You can find dirt on everybody if you dig deep enough.b,121No exceptions.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    SMALL AXE RICK VS LILMONSTU