Shit that I can never get tired listening to...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Music Talk
... that little piano/bongo break in Andrea True Connection "More More More."My neck snaps every time I hear it. Ouch.

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    ... that little piano/bongo break in Andrea True Connection "More More More."

My neck snaps every time I hear it. Ouch.

Daaaam... I just heard that shizz on a commercial and had to download it the other day. Been wantin' to loop that break up ever since, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    nice one.

i cannot stay in my chair for the chorus of Fonda Rae's Over Like A Fat Rat.

hands in the air.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    The long-ass slapbass-drum-handclap-chant that makes up the 2nd half of Gemini's "It's Friday Night!!" A boogie classic.

SG

phil

don't risk it

scarily i think i may have played guitar somewhere on this album.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

word

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    ... that little piano/bongo break in Andrea True Connection "More More More."

My neck snaps every time I hear it. Ouch.

Daaaam... I just heard that shizz on a commercial and had to download it the other day. Been wantin' to loop that break up ever since, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

I think THEY beat you to it dude.

• Post deleted by rape_donkeys

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    FUCKING HILARIOUS!

where's 6 dos when you need him???

i also sipped on some sizzurp with these cats.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

scarily i think i may have played guitar somewhere on this album.

I hope it wasn't the jawn with the dude from that rock band.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This will be no secret to D.Castillo, but I just about had seizures attempting to lip-synch the last minute or so of Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr's "You Can't Blame Me" on lunch in my apartment. How my man on the record managed to keep his insides from coming up with all that singing & yelling is far-far beyond me. But it's not gonna keep me from trying - and I'll never get sick of hearing that song.

i really don't know as i've never actually heard the LP.

dude used to do alot of recording in Halifax where im from.. he produced sessions for the band i was in.. our drummer played alot of drums for them. needless to say there was alot of hanging around in the studio "dude play me some blazing guitar solo on this track" type dealio.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

I NEVER tire of this track. Its the joint - the only joint len ever should've done.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    etta james "AT LAST" never ever gets old. peace, stein. . . .

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Post deleted by rape_donkeys

Aw, man, rape_donkeys, why you delete that?? If it's FUCKING HILARIOUS I want to see it! I like jokes.
    Who are these muddafuckas who stole my "More More More" loop idea? (Matter o' fact, I think I did hear this shizz before... they didn't loop the break, though, did they? Sound clip plaese.)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i really don't know as i've never actually heard the LP.

dude used to do alot of recording in Halifax where im from.. he produced sessions for the band i was in.. our drummer played alot of drums for them. needless to say there was alot of hanging around in the studio "dude play me some blazing guitar solo on this track" type dealio.

I think I know the track you played on. They got one of them washed up rockers from BITD to sing over it, not Vince Neil but some other dude (who I actually ran into poolside in Vegas about 6 years and his skin was so white I was temporarily blinded.) But yeah I forget the name of dude, and the track. But there is a blazing guitar solo on the piece.

But I was into that Len song during that summer. Plus I had a big crush on the girl in that group, for some reason, and all that summer was dedicated to laying girls that looked like her. Lots of sex. Plus I had a very very heavy morphine appetite at the time.

+

=

Serious times.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Post deleted by rape_donkeys

Aw, man, rape_donkeys, why you delete that?? If it's FUCKING HILARIOUS I want to see it! I like jokes.
    Who are these muddafuckas who stole my "More More More" loop idea? (Matter o' fact, I think I did hear this shizz before... they didn't loop the break, though, did they? Sound clip plaese.)

It was hilarious becase 4 dudes, including Violacion De Burros posted the same picture up simultaniously. It was a full Len BREAKTHROUGH moment on Slstrt.

More press than they've gotten in teh past 5 years.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    YOU[/b] can't stop the BUM RUSH.

man everybody was hot for that chick.. dude's sister incidently.. in reality she was like 5 feet tall if that.. very very short

paging sixtoo... im sure dude has some tales to tell.

i think they got CC Deville from Poison to do a solo on this record too.. so it wouldn't surprise me if my blazing licks were at some point replaced...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    man everybody was hot for that chick.. dude's sister incidently.. in reality she was like 5 feet tall if that.. very very short

paging sixtoo... im sure dude has some tales to tell.

i think they got CC Deville from Poison to do a solo on this record too.. so it wouldn't surprise me if my blazing licks were at some point replaced...

That's who it was. I had forgotten dudes name. But yeah, dudes sister was kind of hot.

I want to hear more tales.

i remember lots and lots of candy as well.. at some point they got a grant to do a video and spent like 50% of it on candy... like sacks and sacks of candy.. all over the place... that and my buddy had just had his wisdom teath out so there was liquid coedine up in the mix.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i remember lots and lots of candy as well.. at some point they got a grant to do a video and spent like 50% of it on candy... like sacks and sacks of candy.. all over the place... that and my buddy had just had his wisdom teath out so there was liquid coedine up in the mix.

Damn that sounds like my kind of party for real.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I want to hear more tales.

They played on a show I was working on and their ???posse??? was quite large, so this could be attributed to any of them, but they left a f*cking mess. I would hate to be the clean-up staff at any of the hotels they stayed at. Some of this mess included very dirty q-tips and a white powdery substance. Baby powder? Icing sugar? Foundation?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Does any remember that other shit they did.........

'Hello everybody and how do you do gonna rock shock yer body with the cryptic souls crew, rock rock to the beat y'all....... etc etc'

That was a bit lame, but nevertheless I was still diggin it from when they laced up the More More More braek.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I love how the "shit I could never get tired listening to" thread quickly dissolved into the Len thread hahaha.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Back to the topic at hand:

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    [nerd]I am still looking for a mono of the above to replace my stereo copy[/nerd]

right now it's.....

Sarah Vaughan "Just a little lovin'"
    The Five Corners Quintet feat. Mark Murphy "Before We Say Goodbye"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts