soulstrut sister?

13»

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    is there a site similar to soulstrut for indy/rock/whitemusic/etc...?

Your question had me laughing out loud. Of all the things I thought your post would be about this never crossed my mind.

Is there a site where your girlfriend can post an innocent question, get clowned, then have the post turn into a missbassiemontrealtravelougeappretiationpost? I doubt it.

Dan

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Yo,

As we speak, Miss Bassie is on a train back to TO. Montrealers are starting to come out of hiding & life is slowly returning to normal...

A whirlwind weekend if there ever was one: Dosas, digging, reggae, St Laurent, falafel, & asses of varying degrees of phatness. I'm fucking pooped out, yo: my feet are killing me, my back is sore & I'm bloated; either I'm partied out or I'm pregnant.

Miss B is quality peoples. She is a lady that you can laugh, chill & dig wit'. Thank you for a great weekend! You've left me grinning like a foll . Can't wait for the next time you pay la belle province a visit!

I'm happy that we bumped into Rootless. That dude is very dude. If you're reading, that chick you was with was hella fly...

Mark, get yourself a plane ticket. What are you waiting for?

Peace

h

So this is what it???s like to need a vacation to recover from a vacation.
    HAZ covered it pretty well ??? we showed Montreal a very good time and it did the same for us.

I can???t say enough about what a great host HAZ is ??? the city of Montreal tourism owes him large! Whatever I ate, goodness knows I walked it off. I???m exhausted, but I feel very good after a weekend of great company, delicious food and amazing music.

I???m craving Boustan???s veggie plate right now???

PS. Yes, Mark get yourself a ticket. You will not be sorry.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

One other thing: Miss Bassie can put a meal away like nobody else I've ever met - I'm sure dudes will be like "yo, I can eat 5 pizzas" & shit, but, seriously, she has put me to shame & I'm a glutton.

I???m craving Boustan???s veggie plate right now???

YO!!!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    (contrary to what folks say, there are records in Montreal).

MissB

Just not in the amount like 4-5 years ago tho...

And I've also noticed prices have been raised significantly.

Hope ur having a great time!

Dun worry... I'll hold things down here until you get back!

Billy

I just got some wicked records! Will post in weekend finds. I'm having a GREAT time - HAZ is taking very good care of me. He is the King of Montreal.

John Holt, Sugar Minott and Shinehead were just amazing last night - real charismatic performers, top-quality voices, no half-ass stage show - non-stop goodness. The sound was unbelievably clean and heavy and it was the same backing band for the whole show and there was not a weak moment from them.

Our night ended at Boustan, a Lebanese food joint, at 4 AM where there was Middle Eastern dance music blaring and a line-up out the door (with good reason, the food was so delicious). There were sporadic bursts of clapping and people dancing (very Middle Eastern thing) and the highlight of it all was when this TOTALLY HOT woman started to dance. I will let HAZ describe it in his own words, but all I can say is that I am pretty sure I have brain damage after watching her move.

One other thing: Miss Bassie can put a meal away like nobody else I've ever met - I'm sure dudes will be like "yo, I can eat 5 pizzas" & shit, but, seriously, she has put me to shame & I'm a glutton.

We had lebanese @ 5 am.

Indian food @ 1 pm.

A big Italian meal w/ wine @ 7 pm.

Coffee & snacks in between...& some booze & jamician & thai food the night before.

I've just had 5 pepto tablets, 1 gas x & some tums.

I'm about to meet up with her again, & I hope to god that she's full...

help me.

h

She can drink me under the table... Or so I will let her believe...

Yeah, She is great. But I'm glad she's back home! Montreal may borrow her once in awhile, but have her back by monday... She keeps the city on point.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

that is hilarious. "why are you laughing?" my co-workers are asking.

ok - enough funny stuff - i think everyone here should know i would never tie a sweater around my shoulders.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

i remember seeing this on a website like a year or two ago, something like wehaveblackfriends.com. weird.

and "Is there a site where your girlfriend can post an innocent question, get clowned, then have the post turn into a missbassiemontrealtravelougeappretiationpost? I doubt it."
    .... riight?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "doubt it, doubt it"

and "Is there a site where your girlfriend can post an innocent question, get clowned, then have the post turn into a missbassiemontrealtravelougeappretiationpost? I doubt it."
    .... riight?

whose girlfriend? mandrew, are you really womandrew?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    "doubt it, doubt it"

I haven't checked every message board/web community, but I think that Soulstrut is a raer beast. I've learnt a lot about music here & met some great people. This summer has been really cool: hung out with Raj, Otis & Delay; visited TO & hooked up with some strutters there & benifited from their hospitality; met dudes like Rootless & Danno, people who are top shelf in my book; & just had a great weekend, chillin' with Bassie. Its crazy to think that a message board about music can facilitate shit like this.

Peace

h

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Just thought I'd chime in on the luv-fest here during my post-lunch comatose malaise. Missbassie and Haz - you are the the best (cue drunk slurring) "i loooove you guys, man!!!"

Haz- thnx for recognizing game. But far from just being "hella fly," my companion of Sat. night is a stimulating conversationalist and happens to love puppies just like me. Our relationship represents an important cultural exchange between the Francophone and Anglo communities, not to mention a small effort toward a long-overdue rapprochement between the American and Vietnamese peoples.

That being said, I'm only pissed I missed the fine middle eastern rump shaking! Those who know me know that ME rump (no ayo) is pretty much my bread and butter.

Love B.