soulstrut sister?

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
is there a site similar to soulstrut for indy/rock/whitemusic/etc...?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

what constitutes whitemusic?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

And they're off!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

music that blackpeople like?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

WORST THREAD OF THE YEAR.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

youknowwhatimean.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    is there a site similar to soulstrut for white music etc...?

Stonesthrow.Com
    Okayplayer.com
    Blackalicious.com
    Deadprez.com
    SlugfromAtmosphere.com
    Jurrasic5.com
    TheRoots.Com
    Turntabelab.com
    HipHopsite.com
    Sandboxautomatic.com
    CatchDubbs.com

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    all we need is a reference to George Bush, and the Shin Bet and we have the perfect makings of a 12 page thread

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    With a sprinkle of Josh.

i was telling my friend about this site and she wanted to know if there was anything similar for her musical tastes. damn homey.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

i was telling my friend about this site and she wanted to know if there was anything similar for her musical tastes. damn homey.

Does your friend like ?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Does your friend like ?

She proballly thinks its the best kind i.e. "I like GOOD RAP like Atmosphere and DJ Shadow".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

youknowwhatimean.

Tell her to pick up "White People" by The Handsome Boy Modelling School. She'll love it.

She proballly thinks its the best kind i.e. "I like GOOD RAP like Atmosphere and DJ Shadow".

no no. not
    like a soulstrut for people that like rock...
    killers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Crowes, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Doves, Mars Volta, Regina Spektor, U2, Soundtrack Of Our Lives, Arcade Fire, The Walkmen, Sparta, The Music, Louis XIV, Kings of Leon... and what not.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

no no. not
    killers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Crowes, Smashing Pumpkins, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Doves, Mars Volta, Regina Spektor, U2, Soundtrack Of Our Lives, Arcade Fire, The Walkmen, Sparta, The Music, Louis XIV, Kings of Leon... and what not.

some of us like that...tell her to chat it up and well school her with Arcade Fire raers

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

youknowwhatimean.

Tell her to pick up "White People" by The Handsome Boy Modelling School. She'll love it.

hahah too perfect of a response

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

no no. not

I love all of that stuff. I am black.

youknowwhatimean.

Cue up "Dueling Banjoes"

Um, Soulstrut is already a board for people who like rock. I bet if you started a thread on ANY of the above bands, someone would chime in. In fact there's been so many discussions of rock here recently that one Soulstrutter accused the other Strutter rock enthusiasts of being "trendy" for admitting they like Van Halen.

- DJ "I've hung out backstage with The Black Crowes, my band opened for BRMC, I've done a print ad for Arcade Fire, and I've brought a Killers album to a DJ gig" Marco*

*no namedrop

no no. not

My wife is "white" and she doesn't like any of those bands.

in all seriousness, an ideal forum of what you're talking about would be if the magazine mojo music had a forum. that magazine has good taste in music PERIOD. and they tend to talk about the "indie" music you speak of as well as all other genres. i wish they had a stronger lean on hip hop though, but its still the best music magazine. if they have a forum, i wouldnt want to know about it, cause i'd easily be addicted to it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

This reminds me of stores that have "black music" sections.

Out of curiosity, did she say "something for white music"? That's hella funny

in all seriousness, an ideal forum of what you're talking about would be if the magazine mojo music had a forum. that magazine has good taste in music PERIOD. and they tend to talk about the "indie" music you speak of as well as all other genres. i wish they had a stronger lean on hip hop though, but its still the best music magazine. if they have a forum, i wouldnt want to know about it, cause i'd easily be addicted to it.

oh phuck

http://ubb.mojo4music.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=1

1000 thread's on sex pistols and how jarvis cocksucker cocker is god. does your girl need to look further?

thanks.

assuming the answer to my og question is 'no.'

anyone else feel like there was a lot of miscommunication in this thread?

• no no. not

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

thanks.

assuming the answer to my og question is 'no.'

anyone else feel like there was a lot of miscommunication in this thread?

EMPATHY BELLY!!!

(sorry, I just had to say it before the week was over)

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Soulstrut is already a board for people who like rock.

but you have to go through rap and funk to get to that...for every one rock thread, there are 20 raregroove/hip-hop-derived threads...soulstrut has rock threads, alright, but its not like thats the claim to fame.

i guess if your friend wants an alt-rock version of soulstrut she might try sound opinions.com

for every one rock thread, there are 20 HOT OR NOT threads....

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Soulstrut is already a board for people who like rock.

but you have to go through rap and funk to get to that...for every one rock thread, there are 20 raregroove/hip-hop-derived threads...soulstrut has rock threads, alright, but its not like thats the claim to fame.

i guess if your friend wants an alt-rock version of soulstrut she might try sound opinions.com

Serious, does Pitchfork Media have a forum?