Is Jamie Lidell Strut-Approved?

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    white privilege like a motherfucker on this btw

I'm usually happy to laugh quietly to myself when people post dumb shit on here, rather than get in their faces, but this is some dumb shit.

Robin Thicke = talented singer/writer
    Jamie Lidell =
    aint no question thicke gets over on white privelege too, i just think his songs are better. nothing as sexy as 'i need love' on that lidell album

what exactly is next level about dude anyway? his voice is rough and sounds like hes trying real hard to sound 'soulful.' musically its just kinda generic throwback shit w/ a few bleepy noises thrown in occasionally so ppl will call it 'next level.'

not feeling it at all. if he wasnt dressed trendy and on warp records he wouldnt even be good enough to make it into starbucks

His live show, which I saw over three yrs ago now, was next level to me. And if looking like a med student pulling an all-nighter is trendy, then his style was next level, too. He's not trying any harder than the next young white dude doing something resembling or drawing from soul. Since it's between him and Thicke, I'm not looking to argue it - it's a matter of taste.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    how many suckers will be dragged to watch the Sex in the City movie with their better half?

Im going w/ the X,but i was the one who get her into it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I'm usually happy to laugh quietly to myself when people post dumb shit on here, rather than get in their faces, but this is some dumb shit.

Jamie Lidell =
    aint no question thicke gets over on white privelege too, i just think his songs are better. nothing as sexy as 'i need love' on that lidell album

what exactly is next level about dude anyway? his voice is rough and sounds like hes trying real hard to sound 'soulful.' musically its just kinda generic throwback shit w/ a few bleepy noises thrown in occasionally so ppl will call it 'next level.'

not feeling it at all. if he wasnt dressed trendy and on warp records he wouldnt even be good enough to make it into starbucks

His live show, which I saw over three yrs ago now, was next level to me. And if looking like a med student pulling an all-nighter is trendy, then his style was next level, too. He's not trying any harder than the next young white dude doing something resembling or drawing from soul. Since it's between him and Thicke, I'm not looking to argue it - it's a matter of taste.

Robin Thicke has a Ghetto Pass. I dont fucks w/ him, though.

Lidell who?

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts
    I will just say that I really really really liked Multiply, I really really really like Jim, didn't care so much for Muddlin Gear, and I'm totally gay for this song/video.

So charming. *swoon*

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Jamie Lidell =

Well, I think the way he presents it, both live and (to a lesser extent) on record mark him out as being a bit more than just a studiedly-retro blue-eyed soul revivalist. Any resemblances to, say, Jamiroquai or even Robin Thicke only really apply on a very superficial level.

Your perception of him is fair enough, I guess, but I was aware of him long before "Multiply", so I know his musical range is pretty broad. I can see what you mean about the Warp connection and how it seems unusual that he???s involved with them, but Warp aren???t entirely about electronic music these days, and in any case, Lidell does come from that scene to some degree.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    also doc mccoy aren't you british??? i thought you'd be the one to say

In the back of my mind I keep confusing Lidell for Lewis Taylor...

Hahaha! Lewis Taylor and Jamie Lidell couldn't be more different.

• Last night I heard Jamie Lidell at Chipotle. Next stop: