who spends more? (u and your girl related)

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
apparently i do, but i don't believe it. the other night we sat down and went over monthly expenses (trying to save for a house) and hers came out significantly less. i'm not buying it, but i'm curious as to how this works in other relationships/marriages....

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    wasn't sure at first if you meant who spends more on "dates" or who spends more overall. i think i spend more when we go out but spend less money overall.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I spend way more.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    wasn't sure at first if you meant who spends more on "dates" or who spends more overall.

no, not dates. "who spends more on themselves" would have been the better phrased question.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I spend more.......of her money that is.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    wasn't sure at first if you meant who spends more on "dates" or who spends more overall.

no, not dates. "who spends more on themselves" would have been the better phrased question.

definitely her. her clothing and shoes habbits cost way more than my record habit.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Me by some way but then I earn way more and most of what I buy for me benefits both of us anyway. I'm good like that.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

definitely her. her clothing and shoes habbits cost way more than my record habit.

Me too. And I've actually bought about five records in the last year. I'm in school right now, so I'm racking up some serious charges in that sense. I bought some gear with some birthday money, but other than that I've been on the low. I am trying to make a PS3 happen in June, though. That would be the first real "toy" that I've bought for myself in a long-ass time. My wife buys shoes and clothes on the regular. She makes more than me, and she needs most of those clothes for her job, so I'm not mad.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    She is a designer so she buys mad clothes and shoes but she gets to expense all of it so it doesn't cost us a dime. She gets stuff for me that way but I haven't really strayed from a uniform of clarks, levis and plain tees in a minute.
    As for other expenses, we spend the most money on food and traveling, then after that we are both careful not to be superfluous and instead go for things that are really useful and that we love. Records.
    Tryin to spend money on experiences and not so much material clutter. Other than records. Which are not material in my opinion.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Me.