bringing your mpc on nyc mass transit. yey - ney?

2»

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    yeah man, ride your fixed gear from woodlawn to 86th in the summer. i hear it's a beautiful ride above ground.

Jerome Ave to Fordham Road, over the bridge to 207 St, 10th Ave to Harlem River Dr all the way down. Bring a roll of quarters, a boxcutter, and keep that bike chain on the ready.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Personally, I prefer to bike through the Callahan Tunnel to my friend's apartment in East Boston. But it can be a bitch if I forget my gas mask. Then I have to take the Tobin Bridge and go through Chelsea. Lovely neighborhood, though. The meth heads always smile and wave as I pass by.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    yeah man, ride your fixed gear from woodlawn to 86th in the summer. i hear it's a beautiful ride above ground.

Jerome Ave to Fordham Road, over the bridge to 207 St, 10th Ave to Harlem River Dr all the way down. Bring a roll of quarters, a boxcutter, and keep that bike chain on the ready.

true.

you know what's the worst? the people don't want to obey my hand signals when peddling down saw mill. especially on the exits.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

true.

you know what's the worst? the people don't want to obey my hand signals when peddling down saw mill. especially on the exits.

you ride on the Saw Mill? or the trail that runs alongside it?

or are you talking Saw Mill River Rd??

i am one of those people who doesnt get enough exercise but last summer i did downtown Yonkers down Riverdale Ave to Broadway across the bridge, onto Dyckman to the GWB and across to Jersey and back. it was fun.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    next thing you know people will be making sandwiches on the seats.

I swear to God I saw someone doing this on a DC bus. Like a normal looking chick, too. Silly shit.

This morning this dude was boldly swigging off his paper bagged bottle of Cobra Malt Liquor on a packed 84 Bus. I am gonna take a wild guess and figure that his destination was not his job at the local bank.

I am gonna add to Delay's train rules:

You did not pay for more than one seat. Your bag can sit on your lap, it does not require it's own chair.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    you ride on the Saw Mill? or the trail that runs alongside it?

or are you talking Saw Mill River Rd??

i am one of those people who doesnt get enough exercise but last summer i did downtown Yonkers down Riverdale Ave to Broadway across the bridge, onto Dyckman to the GWB and across to Jersey and back. it was fun.

hahaha naw, i'd never ride a bike on saw mill pkwy. i don't ride a bike anyways in NYC since the train's convenient enough, plus friends have cars.

the craziest thing i've ever done was ride my bike uptown in DC all the way to alexandira via 14th street. i was going to meet my mom and decided to not take the metro since i was already out on my hog. at about P st the sky opened up and just started pouring. i had a hyvent shell in my bag and threw that on, but something told me "just go all the way, f' the other bridges." to let you know, the end of 14th street turns into 395. so it's 4:30pm, in the middle of rush hour, it's pouring down hot summer rain, and i'm on a bike trying to merge onto a highway with cars doing 60 and i have to cut across 4 lanes on a bridge where the small-ass "shoulder" is riddled with debris. that was the best feeling once i got into crystal city.

i will not do that again.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    How long is your trainride? 20 minutes? Is it really worth lugging that shit to maybe try a few different ways to quantize your drums?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    About a month ago I got on the 6 down at City Hall (Iast stop related). THese kids come busting in laughing from another car. Apparently there was a pile of dookie. We all proceeded to watch people get on sniff around, see the dookie, and then get off. When the train started moving it went a few stops, and this Korean girls who was all dressed up trying to look fashionable saw the dook, and sat down right next to it, which sent our whole car into an uproar.

Don't take your electronics out on the train, MTA has a poster for that.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    About a month ago I got on the 6 down at City Hall (Iast stop related). THese kids come busting in laughing from another car. Apparently there was a pile of dookie. We all proceeded to watch people get on sniff around, see the dookie, and then get off. When the train started moving it went a few stops, and this Korean girls who was all dressed up trying to look fashionable saw the dook, and sat down right next to it, which sent our whole car into an uproar.

hahaha.....dookie....dookie...dookie!!!!

I remember walkin onto a train and cats were filing out like somethin's wrong.
    This dude str8 pulled down his pants and dropped a few dookie bombs right in the midddle of the car. It was one of the shockin things ive ever seen in all my years ridin the subway. And this was during Clear all the homeless Guliani time.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

hahaha.....dookie....dookie...dookie!!!!

I remember walkin onto a train and cats were filing out like somethin's wrong.
    This dude str8 pulled down his pants and dropped a few dookie bombs right in the midddle of the car. It was one of the shockin things ive ever seen in all my years ridin the subway. And this was during Clear all the homeless Guliani time.

A couple of weeks ago I was on the train when people suddenly started running away from somebody standing a few feet away. I look up and homeboy has his dick in his hand, straight pissing all over the place on the train. We all had to shove our way to the other side of the car, so the streams wouldn't hit our feet, and run out at the next stop.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I was riding the A home from one one evening a while back, and a really drunk Eastern-European dude was on the train, wobbling around, bumping into people, slurring apologies, etc. This went on for a few stops, then a seat opened and he plopped down and promptly passed out. A few stops later he sort of slumps to the side, still asleep, and then the woman sitting nearest to him says "Holy Shit" and jumps up. Slowly the bench he was on starts to fill with a puddle of clearish-yellowish liquid. Everyone thinks he's pissed himself and runs away in sheer horror.

Here's the best part: he wakes up, feels that his pants are wet, reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out an open tall boy of Bud, which he proceeded to polish off and then got off the train, leaving his puddle of spilled beer behind.

Just another Tuesday rush hour in the greatest city on earth...

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    How long is your trainride? 20 minutes? Is it really worth lugging that shit to maybe try a few different ways to quantize your drums?

nah man im not trying to make beats on the train. I got a job at a media production studio and they have a full recording facility there. I would like to bring my shit just to kill time while between projects. Also might be able to drum up some production work with clients, where I can compose, mix, duplicate tracks or sync up to video on spot and get more money. Freelancing is awesome.

Me and my mpc got some big plans....

But yo if i ever saw someone shit on a train I would die laughing. I crack up in bizzare scenarios like that. Thats what makes life interesting.