bringing your mpc on nyc mass transit. yey - ney?

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
been taking the staten island ferry and the subway recently and im curious about how safe it would be to lug that shit on the train. The ferry aint a thang but ive already seen some wild shit go down on the train. It would be in a gig bag, but Im hesitant.is it or IM PRESSING CHARGES!!!!!!IM PRESSING CHARGES!!!!!!IM PRESSING CHARGES!!!!!!IM PRESSING CHARGES!!!!!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    right? fuck that shit. Today on the 1 train these two drunk bums were singing show tunes and shit wasnt half bad. Yesterday though this dirty ass bum jumped on and smelt like the worst piss smell you could possibly imagine. He grabbed some chicks arm then just fell asleep on the floor. All the people moved to the other side of the cab cause dudes stench was so overpowering.

The subway is a good time.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    what is the big deal?

right? fuck that shit. Today on the 1 train these two drunk bums were singing show tunes and shit wasnt half bad. Yesterday though this dirty ass bum jumped on and smelt like the worst piss smell you could possibly imagine. He grabbed some chicks arm then just fell asleep on the floor. All the people moved to the other side of the cab cause dudes stench was so overpowering.

The subway is a good time.

Well.....

On my way to work today, a "homeless" dude was callin out a white lady and an african dude....

It was very uncomfortable.

Overall....i fux w/ the subway.

what is the big deal?

$1200 of my hard earned dollars, in a bag, around a couple hundred strangers and various crackheads doing crackhead things. Thats why
    im a little shook. Im just getting used to this NYC living. I dont trust motherfuckers as is.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    TUCK YOUR CHAIN WHEN YOU RIDE THE TRAIN

What are you worried about though, for real? That someone will grab and dash with your mpc? Unlikely. That some bum will piss on your mpc? Better chance of that, I'd say, but still unlikely.
    Yeah your right. Im a big dude so I dont think most people would try to fuck with me anyways. I just noticed that all the audio people ive worked with so far are carting there shit around in cabs. Im not baller enough for that shit. Ill throw that shit in a record bag and I should be straight.

and Batm000000000n:

The subway is pretty ill. I dig that shit. $2 to get uptown in like 20 mins? Aint nothing Frickin' with that.

What are you worried about though, for real? That someone will grab and dash with your mpc? Unlikely. That some bum will piss on your mpc? Better chance of that, I'd say, but still unlikely.
    Yeah your right. Im a big dude so I dont think most people would try to fuck with me anyways. I just noticed that all the audio people ive worked with so far are carting there shit around in cabs. Im not baller enough for that shit. Ill throw that shit in a record bag and I should be straight.

and Batman:

The subway is pretty ill. I dig that shit. $2 to get uptown in like 20 mins? Aint nothing Frickin' with that.

1)BATMON not Batman

2) If ur confident...do u.

3) I still dont whip out my laptop on the train.

4) Im a big cat too.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Im not baller enough for that shit. Ill throw that shit in a record bag and I should be straight.
    I dont know about things over in NYC but if you're gonna carry something expensive and valuable don't carry it in a bag that has a big brand name on it. Just carry it in a regular or even ugly ass bag and you'll draw less attention to yourself. Carrying it arround in one of those hard metal cases is just like putting yourself on display and a sure way to get jacked.

1)BATMON not Batman

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i've carried turntables out in the open on the train, and nobody's done shit to me aside from ask me "do you DJ?" i'm a schmedium dude, and i don't worry about it. besides nobody gonna be able to make a mad dash with something cumbersome like that. plus, ppl aren't gonna know what to do with an mpc. dudes are better off jacking for iphones.

i agree with dude up there. transport your shit in something discreet and you'll be good.

plus, ppl aren't gonna know what to do with an mpc.

For real. That shit looks like a commodore 64 to most people. Ive had people at gigs think it was some cheap piece of 80s shit and were stunned to hear I dropped over a grand on it(7 years ago).

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    anybody wanna see young jeezy sample george bush?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i dont really see the mpc being a big deal, but when riding the train, let me give you some advice:

1. hold onto the bar. if one more tourist acts all surprised that the train starting makes them fall on me or step on my foot i'm gonna smack em in the back of the head.

2. turn your ipod or whatever DOWN. no need to have that shit on 11, and everybody's lookin at you like a clown.

3. let me off of the train before you get on. doesnt matter how busy it is or how much of a hurry you are in. this is just the way its done. get over to the side and let everyone off. i have had to physically move people.

4. standing in front of the doors... it happens. i do it all the time, but when the train pulls into the station, i move over to the other side. i hate it when i'm trying to get on, and there's some careless piece of shit blocking half the doorway.

5. Kill it with the eyes

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i dont really see the mpc being a big deal, but when riding the train, let me give you some advice:

1. hold onto the bar. if one more tourist acts all surprised that the train starting makes them fall on me or step on my foot i'm gonna smack em in the back of the head.

2. turn your ipod or whatever DOWN. no need to have that shit on 11, and everybody's lookin at you like a clown.

3. let me off of the train before you get on. doesnt matter how busy it is or how much of a hurry you are in. this is just the way its done. get over to the side and let everyone off. i have had to physically move people.

4. standing in front of the doors... it happens. i do it all the time, but when the train pulls into the station, i move over to the other side. i hate it when i'm trying to get on, and there's some careless piece of shit blocking half the doorway.

5. Kill it with the eyes

all amazing advice!!!

may i add

6. Don't bring your smelly egg sandwich on the train. That shit stinks and people are getting nauseous. And please if you have to eat your smelly piece of shit sandwich, chew with your mouth closed.

p.s. don't think i am letting McDonalds off the hook. McNuggets smell ten times worse in a closed area. the subway wasnt meant for dipping sauce. next thing you know people will be making sandwiches on the seats.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    oh yea. when walking through the station during rush hour, don't simply stop walking!!

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    stickup kids havent caught on yet,i was kind of hesitant when i bought my sp1200 to poets cafe thinkin i might get jacked by a wicked headwrap or something

• plus, ppl aren't gonna know what to do with an mpc.

Don't fool yourself. Stickup kids= not ignorant.

You'll be cool as long as you don't carry it in a big-ass bag that says "look! electronic beet maker in here!"

Plus the MTA now is 1,000,000,000 times safer than it used to be. Recession or no.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Plus the MTA now is 1,000,000,000 times safer than it used to be. Recession or no.

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS. You don't want to ride the subway in any major city. In fact, the streets are incredibly dangerous too. I urge tourists and college students IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS TO STAY OFF THE STREETS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!![/b] And I'm not just saying that because you act like a bunch of assholes in public.

• ^Word. Also, stay out of your homes, too. 'cause ya'll act the same way in private!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I've never seen that video before. There's way too much sunshine in it. All Mobb Deep videos should be entirely shot at night or under overcast skies.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Him mashing in a plain-old honda with a scowl and with a Henny shirt are both classic moments in rap cinema.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts

I've never seen that video before. There's way too much sunshine in it. All Mobb Deep videos should be entirely shot at night or under overcast skies.

one of the most amazing beats of all time. all this time has passed and this still gives me chills.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

one of the most amazing beats of all time. all this time has passed and this still gives me chills.

I was just thinking the same thing.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS. You don't want to ride the subway in any major city. In fact, the streets are incredibly dangerous too. I urge tourists and college students IN THE STRONGEST POSSIBLE TERMS TO STAY OFF THE STREETS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION!![/b] And I'm not just saying that because you act like a bunch of assholes in public.

CO-SIGN. I also would strongly urge tourists to not walk around Times Square between the hours of 8:30am-9:30am, 12pm-1:30pm, or 6:30pm-8pm.

or during my coffee break too.

just don't trust it.

do you like comedy?

• fuck the subway... get your ass a bicycle!

doesn't even have to be a hipster fixed gear... single speed schwinns are way more fun anyway, and won't ruin yr knees.

the trains suck in summer, anyway...

fuck a train.

fuck a train.

Do U even Party?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    fuck a train.

Do U even Party?

Do U steampunk party?

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    yeah man, ride your fixed gear from woodlawn to 86th in the summer. i hear it's a beautiful ride above ground.