DIPSET REVISITED

cardovacardova 743 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
I was never one to wear Diplomats pajamas. I do have a healthy stack of 12"s though, some of which I've been ripping just recently. I gotta say I'm kind of surprised of how fresh some of them still sound. I'm thinking I need to work on a little Dipset classics set.What are some of your faves from this not so distant era?

Comments

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    I found this out too, I took the best couple songs off of Purple Haze, Come Home With Me, Diplomatic Immunity 1 & 2, and Back LIke Cooked Crack to put on a playlist for a friend once. I liked the CD so much that I never gave it to him. Really though, they were super hit and miss, the hits so good, the misses so bad.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    they were super hit and miss, the hits so good, the misses so bad.

so true.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    can someone hit me with one of these classics mixes? My tastes have really revolved around lately and I think I need to revisit dipset among a few others.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    My tastes have really revolved around lately and I think I need to revisit dipset among a few others.

^^^^
    GOT HIS COMPUTER PUTIN' AND FOUND OUT THE INTERNET SAID IT'S COOL TO LIKE DIPSET-DIPSET!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    My tastes have really revolved around lately and I think I need to revisit dipset among a few others.

^^^^
    GOT HIS COMPUTER PUTIN' AND FOUND OUT THE INTERNET SAID IT'S COOL TO LIKE DIPSET-DIPSET!!

^^^^

GOT HIS BITTERNESS GAME ON POINT, NEEDS TO RUN RECORD STORE IN ORDER TO FULLY DEVELOPE IT

dude, do you even listen rap?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

^^^^

Hilarity

this thread already reminds me of the dozens of dipset threads we had BITD.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    i've always said "From Me to U" was a good album, and though i don't regularly listen to dipset like that, everyone else is still on the hatewagon like "blah they're ghey"

Back Like Cooked Crack, and Final Destination were 2 mixtapes i liked as well. Final Destination had that ignition remix freestyle that i played the schitt out of when i gt it lol.

and of course, Diplomatic Immunity was dope.

since all those albums, i really haven't listened to their new stuff, but whatever i know what i likes and that older stuff is good.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Shaboobles

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Diplomatic Immunity was dope.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    1. JUELZ "Okay Okay"
    2. JONES "Intro To P.O.M.E." (This Phil Collins shit is redunkulous)
    3. CAM "Get Down With The Dips" / "Get 'Em Daddy Remix"
    4. JUELZ & PAUL WALL "We Don't Give A Fuck"
    5. JONES "City Of God"

• It's a shame they fell apart. Could've been such a tight collective by now. Even Jimmy Jones blew up! On a semi-related note, I've been diggin' Max B's Million Dollar Baby 2 mixtape. Heat!

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    The real crux of the whole movement was their beats. They broke a lot of good producers (well, maybe not broke, but sure as hell got some fire from time to time). When the production was on point, their lyrics were tolerable, when it lacked, they had nothing to bring to the track.

^^^ what he said ^^^

like preem to group home. didn't wanna say it, but FYBS nailed it.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

I posted a gang of Dipset 12"s I ripped over at teh blogg.

320 for the DJ's too.

I'm Ready
    Built This City
    What Means The World To You Remix
    Dipset Anthem
    Down

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    Juelz's Memorial Day mixtape still gets burn from time to time, as do certain songs by JR Writer, Jim Jones, etc.

Individual tracks I'm still pretty all about:
    What's Really Good
    I Really Mean It
    Cam'Ron- Something New
    Juelz- So What's It Gonna Be
    Jim Jones- Certified Gangster

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Dipset has one really, really good album between all the members and it's called Purple Haze. Come Home With Me is also decent. The rest is wild inconsistent.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Us AzIaNs were down with this movement too. [/img]

Dipset has one really, really good album between all the members and it's called Purple Haze. Come Home With Me is also decent. The rest is wild inconsistent.

The expert right here

BRIAN FONG DA HOOD PRINCE OF WESTMINSTER AND DALY CITY

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

BRIAN FONG DA HOOD PRINCE OF WESTMINSTER AND DALY CITY

I'm pretty sure brian is from Hawaii...

he's got nothing on Y2Kai

I listen to rap, and say that anything from southern california or new york is wack. dipset is wack. i'm not a female so i don't get down for muscle men wearing lavander. AYO!

dog, you rep'd stonesthrow and it's message board for a minute