Mariah Carey marries... Nick Cannon?!!!! WTFR!!!

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/05/01/2008-05-01_report_mariah_carey_wed_nick_cannon.htmlThursday, May 1st 2008, 10:50 PMMariah Carey and rapper Nick Cannon have tied the knot in a "very impulsive" ceremony in the Bahamas, it was reported Thursday.They better call Nick Cannon a rapper, dude ain't much of a comedian (or a rapper). Why is he famous again?Homegirl has horrible taste in men.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    their album will be awesome.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Like Chris Rock said in reference to Janet marrying Jermaine Dupri , "this is like finding out about a sale a day too late".

• snosno 332 Posts
    "Nick Cannon is hilarious."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    no pre-nup - what the hell is she thinking?

stressdollaz weighs in

I'M GLAD TO SEE MARIAH HAS MARRIED A BLACK MAN INSTEAD OF A WHITE MAN. SHE CAN'T GO WRONG MARRYING A BLACK MAN.

jk

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    With his children's tellevision, late-night comedy, ownership and whatnot I bet he's almost as loaded as her. Wasn't he dating Selita EBanks?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    With his children's tellevision, late-night comedy, ownership and whatnot I bet he's almost as loaded as her. Wasn't he dating Selita EBanks?

I don't know much about this Cannon guy but there is NO WAY he is almost as loaded as her... are you crazy?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Nick just got downgraded.

I don't know much about this Cannon guy but there is NO WAY he is almost as loaded as her... are you crazy?

Of course he's loaded, he owns PNB clothing. All the kids are rocking PNB nowadays, right?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Wow, two people I don't care for got married. Stop the presses.

LOL @ PNB. Their Melrose store failed miserably.

• Wow, two people I don't care for got married. Stop the presses.

LOL @ PNB. Their Melrose store failed miserably.

yap. who said marriage is always a good thing anyway?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Damn. He definitely downgraded.

Mariah...I dunno...moved laterally, I guess.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    He's got money, but not as mucho as Mariah. Didn't she go broke when she had the breakdown though? I am sure Emancipation of Mimi put a healthy chunk of change in her pockets though.

I googled "Nick Cannon worth" and one thing said 20 million.

Do you think she's currently:

a) hugging him tighter than her favorite jeans

b) rubbing her face around his waist

c) hunting him down for putting their sex tape on youtube

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    He's got money, but not as mucho as Mariah. Didn't she go broke when she had the breakdown though?

Nope... She's always been pretty loaded I think.

Even when EMI dropped her she got paid $28 Million.

Damn. Glitter was a bust and it still sold something like 2 million copies.

• With his children's tellevision, late-night comedy, ownership and whatnot I bet he's almost as loaded as her. Wasn't he dating Selita EBanks?

Big time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Big time.

I disagree. In terms of looks yes,but Carey is gonna be rakin in that cheddar until she croaks. Selita aint.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    He's got money, but not as mucho as Mariah. Didn't she go broke when she had the breakdown though? I am sure Emancipation of Mimi put a healthy chunk of change in her pockets though.

I googled "Nick Cannon worth" and one thing said 20 million.

Do you think she's currently:

a) hugging him tighter than her favorite jeans

b) rubbing her face around his waist

c) hunting him down for putting their sex tape on youtube

d) fending off his attempts to get all up in her face like a Wendy interview

b/w

Don't forget my man now owns PNB--gettin' that Marklatency paper!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

I disagree. In terms of looks yes,but Carey is gonna be rakin in that cheddar until she croaks. Selita aint.

She better be set to make that long-term cheddar, because if she has to come up off of half her shit when they divorce in two weeks, she'll be hurting.

If a marriage gets annulled, do the division of assets (of whatever that's called) rules of divorce apply? Probably not, right?

She better be set to make that long-term cheddar, because if she has to come up off of half her shit when they divorce in two weeks, she'll be hurting.

If a marriage gets annulled, do the division of assets (of whatever that's called) rules of divorce apply? Probably not, right?

Dogs. Mariah aint gonna be hurtin. She like the last of the mohicans in the music game. She still racks up numbers despite what we feel about her music.
    Shit, all she has to do is make a Divorce album, and cats wil eat that shit up.

And even if they do split on some grimey shit, I dont think he'll even get to look at her Masters.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Haha

Hear My Dear 2K8

a Divorce album

Hear my dear duets! Can't wait!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Dogs. Mariah aint gonna be hurtin. She like the last of the mohicans in the music game. She still racks up numbers despite what we feel about her music.
    Shit, all she has to do is make a Divorce album, and cats wil eat that shit up.[/b]

And even if they do split on some grimey shit, I dont think he'll even get to look at her Masters.

ON POINT. Mariah is gonna be fine.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Shit, all she has to do is make a Divorce album, and cats wil eat that shit up.[/b]

ON POINT. Mariah is gonna be fine.

Yes, of course. I guess "hurting" was an overstatement. My point was that this will be over in under a month, Mariah will come up off of whatever she has to, and then she can resume her mega cheddar-clocking.

I'm down to hear the divorce album, though. After watching the "Touch My Body" video, I'd love to see what she would shoot for the first divorce single.

I'm still curious about annullment. That's not like a usual divorce proceeding, right? It's more like a "um, we did this shit by mistake" ctrl-z make it go away sort of thing, no?

Haha

Hear My Dear 2K8

"After filing for divorce in 2009, Carey was told to give half of the royalties she would earn from her next project to Nick. After agreeing to the negotiation through her attorney, Curtis Shaw, Carey went into work on her album. At first, the singer thought of giving Island a "lazy" album, but as she began writing, Carey's deep emotions took over. The resulting album talked not only about her marriage, but about other issues like food management (the single "Hunger"), Jesus ("Time To Get It Together"), and love ("When Did You Stop Taping Me, When Did I Stop Taping You")."

On second thought, there may be no pre-nup but there may very well be a business contract. I give it around six months - what can I say? I'm a romantic!
    The split will probably be quick and quiet, with an undisclosed settlement according to previous paperwork. I'm thinking Mimi is living in a very controlled environment, no surprises or big dramatics for her anymore.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

Haha

Hear My Dear 2K8

"After filing for divorce in 2009, Carey was told to give half of the royalties she would earn from her next project to Nick. After agreeing to the negotiation through her attorney, Curtis Shaw, Carey went into work on her album. At first, the singer thought of giving Island a "lazy" album, but as she began writing, Carey's deep emotions took over. The resulting album talked not only about her marriage, but about other issues like food management (the single "Hunger"), Jesus ("Time To Get It Together"), and love ("When Did You Stop Taping Me, When Did I Stop Taping You")."

Of course he's loaded, he owns PNB clothing. All the kids are rocking PNB nowadays, right?
    Other than the one or two occasional white kids , I haven't seen anybody in the past 8 or 9 years rocking that brand.

If you consider the fact that she seems extremely high maintenance and that they're like 10 years apart in age I don't see it lasting much and specially hope they don't even think about having kids. That would just be too weird.

Off topic but, what the hell is up with this?

May 02, 2008. MediaTakeOut.com got its hands (courtesy of the Nat. Enquirer) on some details of Beyonce and Jay Z's prenuptial agreement. Here's what the Enquirer is reporting:

The prenup calls for Jay Z to pay Beyonce $10 million if the marriage ends after 2 years, and $1 million a year for each further year she remains in the marriage, up to 15 years ...

He promised to pay her an additional $5 million for each child she bears for him - for her loss of income during the pregnancy and child rearing years ...

And Beyonce would be granted access to their private jet and fleet of cars, which includes a $1 million 1959 Rolls-Royce convertible.

Sounds like a pretty stingy deal for someone worth an estimated $650M (as Jay is reported to be). Hey Beyonce, you shoulda had Papa Mathew help negotiate a better deal.

Either way, if we were Bey, I'd be start poppin out the kids ASAP!!!

The prenup calls for Jay Z to pay Beyonce $10 million if the marriage ends after 2 years, and $1 million a year for each further year she remains in the marriage[/b], up to 15 years ...

I don't get that part - she's getting money to stay married to him or this is some clause related to the divorce?

He promised to pay her an additional $5 million for each child she bears for him - for her loss of income during the pregnancy and child rearing years ...

Now that's some mother material!