"All Salad-ed Out b/w Droppin' Pounds"

13»

Comments

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    also, Brussels sprouts are good as hell! finally beat that childhood stigma.

Blamched then Wok Stir fried w/ garlic/sesame oil/soy sauce/a lil stock...

^ YES

And make sure to cut them in half, squirt a little lemon, add some honey right near the end of the fry for caramelization. Damn.

Also for endives.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    also, Brussels sprouts are good as hell! finally beat that childhood stigma.

Blamched then Wok Stir fried w/ garlic/sesame oil/soy sauce/a lil stock...

^ YES

And make sure to cut them in half, squirt a little lemon, add some honey right near the end of the fry for caramelization. Damn.

Also for endives.
    oh dam that sounds good

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    sesame oil

A former lady friend who loved french fries once used all of my sesame oil to make homemade joints. Not only were they nasty, but a bottle of sesame oil usually lasts me a while, and it ain't cheap.

We split up shortly thereafter. Although honestly, it wasn't sesame oil related.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    sesame oil

A former lady friend who loved french fries once used all of my sesame oil to make homemade joints. Not only were they nasty, but a bottle of sesame oil usually lasts me a while, and it ain't cheap.

We split up shortly thereafter. Although honestly, it wasn't sesame oil related.

Can't cook with sesame oil.

I half my brussel sprouts, toss em with salt,pepper, olive oil, and a shit ton of garlic, then roast them in the oven. I've recently begun to appreciate the passive wonder of roasting.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    For vegetables, putting hummus (home made or packaged) on them makes them taste a lot better. I'm trying to eat a lot more green, cooked vegetables in the morning with breakfast and find that this trick gets the job done.

Cutting out wheat and dairy from my diet has helped me a lot. I feel a lot healthier and think that more people should eliminate these things from their diet. Wheat protein is very hard to digest and wheat in general is the source of many allergy problems. My next step is to eat less meat, but that's gonna be real hard. I've just stocked up on cans of split peas and black beans.