High Fidelity revisited (deleted scene)

13»

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    It's really short term reimbursement plus long term profitability.

YOU SOUND ALL CRATEDIGGERS.COM

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Sorry man - I meant, it's all about a quick re-up and a slow flip.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Let's ask the more realistic question (well, as realistic as a question based off a film based off a book is):

If you're Rob, at this woman's spot, looking through the motherlode of 45s (albeit reissued Sex Pistols 7"s)...and she wants to sell that shit for $50 because her husband is a cheating bastard...how many of you gonna walk away saying, "sorry lady, no can do."

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I wouldn't walk away. If she refused my first reasonable offer and only wanted $50. Fine. Grip + Flip.

My only regret would be knowing how I would react if my 'wife' did that to me.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Would the husband have any legal recourse had the collection been sold for $50?--like if he had them insured or something. Couldn't he come back home and sell the house for a $1?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I dunno - any husband dumb enough to ask his cuckcolded wife to sell off his collection and send money so he and his teenage mistress can enjoy Jamaica longer is not exactly thinking that smart to begin with.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    The best and worst part of the book.

The best because it is such a haul, the worst because he does not take it.

I mean seriously...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dunno - any husband dumb enough to ask his cuckcolded wife to sell off his collection and send money so he and his teenage mistress can enjoy Jamaica longer is not exactly thinking that smart to begin with.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

It's the husbands own damn fault, you reap what you sow.
    If he was handling his affairs (no pun intended) properly, he'd never have gotten taken.